OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me there are 2 possible scenarios:

1. The new manager is already in place but couldn't for whatever reason take the job straight away (so we can forget Martinez because he would never have been approached).

2. Wassall will be manager next season.

Personally, depending on who number 1 is, I would be easy with either at the moment.

Want to make a comment before the next week or so inevitably is followed by a horribly over the top knee-jerk 'told you so' reaction, one way or other.

My opinion won't be based on these two or three pressure games. To be honest DW has done a fair job and I like the fact he has provided a pretty settled and attacking team.

However, he doesn't have the experience or charisma/presence I would like...so I would prefer someone else regardless of if we go up or not. No massive criticism of him.

Whether we storm it; limp over the line or crash n burn...just way it is.

Still think Brendan is the man if Mel really wants to go for him. 

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Want to make a comment before the next week or so inevitably is followed by a horribly over the top knee-jerk 'told you so' reaction, one way or other.

My opinion won't be based on these two or three pressure games. To be honest DW has done a fair job and I like the fact he has provided a pretty settled and attacking team.

However, he doesn't have the experience or charisma/presence I would like...so I would prefer someone else regardless of if we go up or not. No massive criticism of him.

Whether we storm it; limp over the line or crash n burn...just way it is.

Still think Brendan is the man if Mel really wants to go for him. 

Good post  ,not sure who we will end up with but gut feeling is we need a top flight manager regardless.

I have no probs with Daz getting the job, my only concern would be how much of this good football we've seen is actually down to him or is it Arry's influence.

When he goes at the end of the season, will the wheels come off.

Just a thought.

10 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

From the left field - Quique Sanchez Flores.. confirmed he will leave Watford.

Dare say he'll be back in Spain, although apparently Leeds are rumoured to be after him..

Being quoted that he'd like to stay in England.

For what it's worth the sky rumour is linking him with leeds. You've got to think we'd be a better proposition for him!

On 11 May 2016 at 00:11, eddie said:

So you're saying that if we go up via the playoffs, Wassall will be replaced. However, if we don't go up via the playoffs, Wassall will be replaced.

Now I may be a little slow on the uptake nowadays, but please tell me how the alternatives depend whether or not we go up via the playoffs?

They're as different as chalk and, er, chalk.

Quite simple as whatever happens Mel won't see Wassall as the man to take us forward. Can you honestly see Mr Wassall  being a successful Derby manager in the Premiership next season, with all that's involved ?.

Whatever happens we do not want to lose Darren Wassall from the Club, so let's get behind him. He should be commended for stepping into the gap when asked to do so. Thank you Darren. What happens next is up to Mel and the staff. Mel would have been disappointed by what happened yesterday. We used a couple of players who were not 100% fit. Hull rose to the occasion and will probably be promoted. Good luck to them. We live to fight another day.

I can imagine most of everyone's picks for the job, Rogers, Pearson, Flores, Warburton, Martinez are out of the equation now we'll be entertaining Brizzle City come August, even if a couple of them were still outside bets even if we managed to scrape through at Wembley.  Therefore we're left with the also-rans of Rowett, Monk, Clarke etc.  Out of those, you can't see a definable style any of them plays so unless Mr Morris comes up with completely left-field appointment I foresee our next full time head coach will be Darren 'Waffall' Wassall...

Face it, we're stuck with him :(

Despite what happened yesterday Wassall has done a good job since the sacking of Clement in my eyes. However I don't think Wassall will get the job next season and I don't expect him to get the job, either.

I think the point of replacing Clement with Wassall was to get the team playing with freedom again ready for next season for a new manager to come in and not have to change things drastically. If a new manager did come in and have to change the style of play it could take at least a quarter of a season to get us playing the Derby Way as opposed to the Clement Way. 

Wassall has done a good job in preparing the squad for a new manager to come in next season. I just pray we get it right and appoint the right person this time.

Mel should go get Pearson now ,, whatever it takes ,,, I'm sick to death of a gutless Derby with no steel we need a no nonsense take no crap man at the top,, no matter what I or anyone else thinks of Pearson on any other level,on a football level he is without doubt the type to prune and add what this group of players need

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Not sure about Wassall preparing the squad for a new coach, as a new coach will get rid of some of the players and bring in those that he thinks will do the job of getting us promoted.

Part of what Mel said about the Derby Way was that a new coach would be able to come in and pick things up from where the last coach left off, or something along those lines. In terms of the style of play I think Wassall has built solid foundations for the next manager to build on.

Archived