OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Skip to 2:11 of the pearson ref slating :lol:

"what's the point, he's one of the most arrogant men I've ever meT"... :lol:

He's perfect for us and anyone who says otherwise needs to understand we need a b*stard in charge here.

Whether it be Pearson or someone else, a certain badassness is required.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't let him go to forest ,, Pearson will bring a level of success wherever he ends up that is way beyond where we are or indeed likely to be if this seasons blueprint for us is not learnt from and altered 

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Pearson has always been my preferred choice. His record is superb and I feel that we are a bit too 'nice' to ever really compete. Pearson has that edge, and the backbone to stand up to our 'established stars'. I'm not sure where the Chris Powell link came from - have they ever worked together before? As somebody said earlier, that would be my 'dream team'. Powell would add that bit of dignity and the Derby connection. Maybe the club could shield Pearson a little from the press by sending out Chris to do the difficult interviews?

I don't think he needs shielding from the press - he has said in the past that his interviews are the way they are to try and take the attention from the players even if they do make him look a bit mad. He is definitely my number one choice though, but think he will probably go to Villa and we will end up with Rowett or Wassall.

5 hours ago, archied said:

Mel should go get Pearson now ,, whatever it takes ,,, I'm sick to death of a gutless Derby with no steel we need a no nonsense take no crap man at the top,, no matter what I or anyone else thinks of Pearson on any other level,on a football level he is without doubt the type to prune and add what this group of players need

One decent season aside what else has Pearson done? I have missed something because I don't remember him doing much?

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

One decent season aside what else has Pearson done? I have missed something because I don't remember him doing much?

Didn't he do well for hull too?

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In five full seasons at Leicester he won promotion twice, both times as champions, one of which involved a record ever points tally. His other two seasons in the Championship he made the play-offs, He then kept Leicester in the Premier League. Although they were poor until January, from February onwards they remained in the top five of the form tables. The Leicester side he built then went on to do rather well.

His spending was also reasonably modest. Leicester's 'throwing money at it' period was between his two tenures. Before the season in the PL he spent something like £6m gross, £3m net, including 'wasting' a £million on a non-league striker.

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Didn't he do well for hull too?

He did OK at Hull. He took over after they were relegated and had to sell most of their better players and had no cash to spend. He got them to 11th in his full season, and left to go back to Leicester in November the season after with them sitting in 7th.

So not brilliant, but decent enough.

Pearson- won't take any bottlers. His players play with passion and fire! 

Brendon Rodgers: maybe a little out of our league. Would be brilliant if we could get him. Gets his team playing brilliant football

Roberto Martinez: plays some great football, not had the best couple of seasons 

i honestly think Pearson would whip us into shape 

52 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Pearson has always been my preferred choice. His record is superb and I feel that we are a bit too 'nice' to ever really compete. Pearson has that edge, and the backbone to stand up to our 'established stars'. I'm not sure where the Chris Powell link came from - have they ever worked together before? As somebody said earlier, that would be my 'dream team'. Powell would add that bit of dignity and the Derby connection. Maybe the club could shield Pearson a little from the press by sending out Chris to do the difficult interviews?

That said, I don't believe that there is any chance of us appointing Nigel Pearson. It's well documented that he applied immediately after Clement was sacked. If he wasn't good enough then, why would he suddenly jump to the head of the queue now? Indeed, if we snubbed him then, would why would he want to work for us now when there'll be about ten other viable options available to him?

Pearson said in an interview not too long ago that he would like to take Chris Powell on as his number 2 for his next job.

Might have been on Fletch and Sav, but I saw it reported on the bbc sport website.

All the suggestions are for high profile managers all are known for being Premier league managers. Would they really want to go to a championship side? Especially a club that's failed over and over again over 6 or 7 years.Especially a club that's getting a bad name for sacking managers with good reputations,without giving them a decent chance.There were loads of criticisms from all quarters because of our treatment of Paul Clement.

We should look elsewhere,like Norwich who picked up an unknown from Scotland who got them promotion in his 1st few months in charge.He only just failed to keep them in there,but they should keep him on,he has become highly respected,if he did become free,we should go for him.Otherwise someone like him,young,ambitious and knows his stuff.(and probably cheaper).

The problem is, the absolute logical choice is Pearson and failing that its Warbs. Every man and his dog can see it. Why the hell we didn't go for him after clement is beyond me? The problem is i dont trust Mel to make the correct decisions, so far he hasn't got much right in terms of recruitment and managers. I've got a horrible feeling that next season we're either going to see Wassall standing on the touchline or Rowett. Rowett is not what we're looking for, not at all and it would be a poor choice imo. He's a mid table hoof ball merchant, nothing more. He hasn't got the experience or pedigree of Pearson who i am 100% confident would take us to another level. But i trust Mel to make another pigs ear of next season, i hope to god im wrong 

Looking at that Newcastle score today, if they do keep Rafa and hold onto the better players.. we might as well be playing for 2nd next season. 

Granted it was against a team who's heads have seriously left the building, and I would be tempted not to bother taking Kane and Alli to the Euros judging on their late season performances, they look shot mentally imo. 

Archived