OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

I'm pretty sure in Sam and Mel's mind Wassall has done enough to get it unless something drastic happens.

It'll be interesting to see if any more "mentoring" is asked for/forced on next season, and we might get an idea of how much it influenced things.

Pretty sure 'arry is off and never saw this as anything more than  short term thing.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

No thanks, any manager that thinks Jesus Navas is a competent winger, capable to creating goals is a no go as far as I'm concerned...

are you trying to tell me that Jesus cannot play the wing?

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

No thanks, any manager that thinks Jesus Navas is a competent winger, capable to creating goals is a no go as far as I'm concerned...

Only David Silva (11) and Kevin De Bruyne (9) have more assists than Navas (7). Had 8 last season. 7 in the season before.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should be playing for Man City to be frank, I don't think he's of the quality you'd expect for a Champions League challenging team (which they say they are), but he's a competent winger.

17 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

That's the dream, but I really doubt it would ever happen. Would also love to see Simmo return to us.

Wassall and Simmo would appeal to me more, with Arry upstairs. Doubt that combo will ever happen either.

5 hours ago, Shang said:

I'm sure I've seen an interview where Sam or Mel have stated that finishing within the play offs is enough to give Wassall a chance to manage next year.

Not saying that you haven't, but....

Mel said at the Breakfast Club that if we finished the season well under Darren Wassall (and he wasn't drawn on a definition of 'finished the season well' but we can speculate), he would automatically become a candidate for consideration if he wanted to apply, but if he didn't want it, then he would have some input into the decision-making process.

Personally I do not want Wassall as manager , for me he has no gravitas and no charisma, in a way the worst thing that has happened  is bringing Harry in, as now there is doubt and success , its my opinion, that with out Harry being present we wouldn't have had the success we have had in the last 6 games  , footballers are human like any one else , you bring a charismatic leader into the office and suddenly everyone works harder.

So where ever we go at the end of the season , clean slate and bring in a fresh leader who will reassess what we have and get the best out of it , if its the championship for next season, I don't want to compete I want to blow the opposition away like other lesser clubs have over the years

Mel, Sam and Darren now know that the Derby Way is the Steve Maclaren Way but letting a few less goals in.                   Any other candidate will be told to play exactly this way.                                                                                                         So which other managers play nearest to the Derby Way?                                                                                               There is your short list, minus the ones that are too expensive to hire

Here is my short list:-

1 Darren Wassall

2 Steve Maclaren

3 ?

4 ?

5 ?

22 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Personally I do not want Wassall as manager , for me he has no gravitas and no charisma, in a way the worst thing that has happened  is bringing Harry in, as now there is doubt and success , its my opinion, that with out Harry being present we wouldn't have had the success we have had in the last 6 games  , footballers are human like any one else , you bring a charismatic leader into the office and suddenly everyone works harder.

So where ever we go at the end of the season , clean slate and bring in a fresh leader who will reassess what we have and get the best out of it , if its the championship for next season, I don't want to compete I want to blow the opposition away like other lesser clubs have over the years

Luckily, the decision won't be yours.

On 25/04/2016 at 07:51, Simsy said:

If Wassall gets us up it would be criminal to not give him the job. Though we would certainly need Harry with him.

Pearson surely would rather come here then Villa. Ok they are probably a bigger club but I would of thought we are far more attractive right now.

Why criminal not to give Wassall the job if we go up?Surely you wouldnt expect us to keep the same players  just becouse they got us up.Its a business worth 1000000_s of £s,players dont show loyalty and i suspect Mel will have his busines head on when it comes to appointing a manager for the prem.Nothing against Walsall but should we go up would like to see a proven experienced guy at the healm and not a yes man to Mel.

2 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Nothing against Walsall but should we go up would like to see a proven experienced guy at the healm and not a yes man to Mel.

Nothing against DW save for he's a 'yes man' whom we should immediately fire if he secures us promotion? 

8 hours ago, eddie said:

Luckily, the decision won't be yours.

What sort of response is that , these keys must be worn out your keyboard if this is how you respond to anyone's expressed opinion or did my comment strike home and this is the best you could come up with

1 hour ago, JG400 said:

What sort of response is that , these keys must be worn out your keyboard if this is how you respond to anyone's expressed opinion or did my comment strike home and this is the best you could come up with

New laptop - new keys.

KeyboardFaceSmash_zps9984319b.gif

10 hours ago, Rampage said:

Mel, Sam and Darren now know that the Derby Way is the Steve Maclaren Way but letting a few less goals in.                   Any other candidate will be told to play exactly this way.                                                                                                         So which other managers play nearest to the Derby Way?                                                                                               There is your short list, minus the ones that are too expensive to hire

Here is my short list:-

1 Darren Wassall

2 Steve Maclaren

3 Mark Warburton

Brendan Rogers

Chris Hughton

There are another 3 but great going forward and solid at the back is a rare mix. Most people know my 1st choice but where we finish is going to totally change those who will be interested.

I agree with ram1964. Just because DW may secure us promotion doesn't mean he has to be kept on as manager. I doubt we would keep all the players who were involved with promotion. DW has done a good job but appears to have had a charisma bypass operation. Warburton or Pearson for me

Archived