OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, archied said:

Mel should go get Pearson now ,, whatever it takes ,,, I'm sick to death of a gutless Derby with no steel we need a no nonsense take no crap man at the top,, no matter what I or anyone else thinks of Pearson on any other level,on a football level he is without doubt the type to prune and add what this group of players need

Yep im with you.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QSF would be awesome, but I'd be fine with Rowett as long as he brought over that dogged determination from Birmingham. We could have used it yesterday.

Whatever happens, I'll be furious if Wassall turns up for next season. I said a bit ago ID judge him based on the play offs, and they couldn't have been worse. Pathetic management and player intelligence yesterday. Trying the same old ****, over and over, wondering why it wasn't working.

Feel for the guy, but we need some real talent and steel.

I think our best option is Pearson,if we could get him,I can't stand the bloke but you can't argue with his record,I don't like the thought of ex players (Rowett,Stimac etc) as managers as we need a proven manager with a backbone that knows what he's doing!

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, I8Forest78 said:

I think our best option is Pearson,if we could get him,I can't stand the bloke but you can't argue with his record,I don't like the thought of ex players (Rowett,Stimac etc) as managers as we need a proven manager with a backbone that knows what he's doing!

Colin

2 hours ago, archied said:

Mel should go get Pearson now ,, whatever it takes ,,, I'm sick to death of a gutless Derby with no steel we need a no nonsense take no crap man at the top,, no matter what I or anyone else thinks of Pearson on any other level,on a football level he is without doubt the type to prune and add what this group of players need

Pretty much where I'm at too. We play 'nice' football but the top teams in this division find us easy to defend against - teams that are generally well versed in grinding out results where necessary - Burnley, Boro & Hull. Frankly, we need a bit of variety & a lot more steel in the way we play or we're going to be missing out on promotion next year too. This also means getting a manager with a bit of experience, not an ideologue or a rookie manager.

Pearson had Leicester playing football that was entertaining but powerful. I suspect this won't be popular but Warnock has also had a track record of producing powerful teams. Doubters should look at his QPR team & the way he handled Taraabt to see that he'd be perfect with the flair players we currently have. I'd be happy with either appointment.

I think we might have an issue with regards to manager. I have a feeling that Mels idea was Wassall getting us to the play offs (which he has) then putting in a good couple of performances, and narrowly missing out on promotion or even going up. Then he would appoint Wassall after and nobody could really moan about it, he's done what has been asked really. But after yesterday's performance I think Mel knows that there could be a pretty bad reaction to Wassall being given the job long term, meaning that we're now quite late in going out and talking to other managers about the job and having them in place early on in the summer. 

Our strength is passing, direct, playing off the striker and having runners of midfield. Not long balls, any manager that understands that, so rodgers would be perfect. We have the players, we finished 5th in an indifferent season not playing to anywhere near our best,  we need a manager that will get the best out of our players

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Nigel Pearson, Mark Warburton or Chris Hughton would be my 3 top targets. Qsf won't move down a division because he has been offered some jobs in Spain

Agree with this (other than maybe Hughton).

Both would get us disciplined and playing strong, attacking football. Something we've been crying out for. 

I'm wondering whether it is actually Pearson !!

john Percy (respected journalist) was on radio Derby yesterday and mentioned Pearson without being prompted saying he's an ideal fit - mentioned his backroom team includes Chris Powell for the connection to Derby

we've waited until the summer and he has been linked with nunerous jobs, villa, forest, Newcastle and still hasn't signed for anyone

then there's Kevin Phillips, he was kept on as a coach when we could easily have cleared out, has he been keeping the seat warm for his old boss from Leicester, assessing the team/squad for him whilst Pearson's being watching from afar.

Nigel Pearson without doubt

Wassall proved yesterday he's nowhere near the level required in this league, completely out thought in the tactics department, and the amount of time we've seen this season our 'head coach' just stand there arms crossed when its not going well ffs, 1-0 down and both Wassall and Clement just stand there or sit down, sorry but that's just not good enough. the players need to look at the dug out and see that their managers behind them, encouraging them and trying to motivate, Nigel Pearson the season he took Leicester up was on the touchline barking like a dog an geeing his troops up.. 

I also think its time we dropped the nice act when it comes to referees ffs, its time we started getting on their backs, we seem the only side in the league who literally does f all when a decision goes against us, Pearson would change that in a heartbeat

He will soon sort the refs out, sick of seeing our players getting floored in the penalty box and the ref waves it away with a smug grin on his face, plus he will get some of our lads to be nasty, not to the point of breaking players legs but at least go in full blooded and show the opposition we're not to be f*cked with, too many times  this season we've been bullied out of it, can you imagine Pearson just standing there accepting that? not a chance. He's a bit arrogant but ffs that's what we need, its time to stop being nice and its time we got mean. 

Skip to 2:11 of the pearson ref slating :lol:

"what's the point, he's one of the most arrogant men I've ever meT"... :lol:

He's perfect for us and anyone who says otherwise needs to understand we need a b*stard in charge here.

Pearson has always been my preferred choice. His record is superb and I feel that we are a bit too 'nice' to ever really compete. Pearson has that edge, and the backbone to stand up to our 'established stars'. I'm not sure where the Chris Powell link came from - have they ever worked together before? As somebody said earlier, that would be my 'dream team'. Powell would add that bit of dignity and the Derby connection. Maybe the club could shield Pearson a little from the press by sending out Chris to do the difficult interviews?

That said, I don't believe that there is any chance of us appointing Nigel Pearson. It's well documented that he applied immediately after Clement was sacked. If he wasn't good enough then, why would he suddenly jump to the head of the queue now? Indeed, if we snubbed him then, would why would he want to work for us now when there'll be about ten other viable options available to him?

Archived