Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I reckon there's some Player of the season awards that could be stuffed into the pipe.

By my count I make it two POTY awards at Derby County. One a piece at Coventry and Carlisle.

Not to mention Young POTY at Bristol City and two Players POTY at Coventry. 

Then there's two Players POTY at Derby, one supporters POTY at Derby and a Championship TOTY at Derby.

So that's 11 end of season player awards in his career.

5 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

By my count I make it two POTY awards at Derby County. One a piece at Coventry and Carlisle.

Then there's two Players POTY at Derby, one supporters POTY at Derby and a Championship TOTY at Derby.

Yeah but apart  from that, what’s he ever done for us?

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

To be fair the OP has a POTY too, only his stands for:

Poster of Tripe...........Yawn. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Yep - hes still a liability - thanks for bringing this thread back up, I'll provide match by match analysis on why Keogh is a donkey if you like?

I shouldn't bother, because even if he scored an OG in every match you would get criticised on this thread for either a) not knowing football b) Only going to the Wembley match and falsely blaming him for every mistake  all the others in the team make. C) having a hissy fit if you stand up say he was poor d) personally slagging off folks that disagree with you.

I stand by what I said in my comments way back when about his poor positional play particularly when playing on the left, when dragged out of position,  (borne out by match statistics)  and yes over the last few games he has played out of his skin enough for me to agree that he was MOTM for the last game . And just let's hope it remains that way as I for one don't want to criticise the skipper - but let's get real - over the years he has dropped some real clangers and has contributed to the loss of quite a few match points on the way.

Turn back on the personal vilification thread. ;-))

1 hour ago, Lokidoki said:

I shouldn't bother, because even if he scored an OG in every match you would get criticised on this thread for either a) not knowing football b) Only going to the Wembley match and falsely blaming him for every mistake  all the others in the team make. C) having a hissy fit if you stand up say he was poor d) personally slagging off folks that disagree with you.

I stand by what I said in my comments way back when about his poor positional play particularly when playing on the left, when dragged out of position,  (borne out by match statistics)  and yes over the last few games he has played out of his skin enough for me to agree that he was MOTM for the last game . And just let's hope it remains that way as I for one don't want to criticise the skipper - but let's get real - over the years he has dropped some real clangers and has contributed to the loss of quite a few match points on the way.

Spot on - this forum is becoming a joke

1 hour ago, Lokidoki said:

Who hasn't?

If you believe he's alone in that department then I'd give yourself a reality check. 

6 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Spot on - this forum is becoming a joke

I thought that. I just can't understand why people on a Derby County fans forum would even think about defending one of their own players from people who never see all the good stuff he does but won't shut up about any mistakes!!

A question for people who have commented on here the people who think keogh is a great player do you think Ledley is? The people who think he’s awful do you think Ledley is awful. 

I think they are polar opposites of the performance spectrum.

Keoghs style is dangerous dramatic runs from defence, impressive last ditch challenges and recovery tackles but generally quite erratic even though it does take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Whereas Ledley is simple, subtle, calm, influence on the game where his performances can be easily forgotten. 

Personally... I’d like them to be reversed but I’m more of a Ledley/Curtis Davies fan if I had to choose.

I’m a firm believer your defence should be solid, consistent and organised and that builds the foundations for in front to be a little more erratic and adventurous with mercurial game changers going forward. It’s very rare a centre back will win points but very often they will prevent them from being lost

13 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

A question for people who have commented on here the people who think keogh is a great player do you think Ledley is? The people who think he’s awful do you think Ledley is awful. 

I think they are polar opposites of the performance spectrum.

Keoghs style is dangerous dramatic runs from defence, impressive last ditch challenges and recovery tackles but generally quite erratic even though it does take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Whereas Ledley is simple, subtle, calm, influence on the game where his performances can be easily forgotten. 

Personally... I’d like them to be reversed but I’m more of a Ledley/Curtis Davies fan if I had to choose.

I’m a firm believer your defence should be solid, consistent and organised and that builds the foundations for in front to be a little more erratic and adventurous with mercurial game changers going forward. It’s very rare a centre back will win points but very often they will prevent them from being lost

Keogh is a solid defender at this level, most if not all championship managers would build there defence around a player  with his ability, We are so lucky to have a player like Keogh in our side, never injured, gives 100 percent, makes very little errors, and has been very consistance since he came to the club, give me a team full of Keogh's and we would have been promoted years ago, and what a great signing for 1.2 million as well.

22 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The team announcer is rumoured to be practising introducing him as...

RICHARRRRRRRRD "THE KAISER" KEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGH

Old people who remember West Germany will know what i'm on abaht.

Even older people will remember that in the days of the Kaiser it was just "Germany". West Germany only came about after WW2.

Here endeth this afternoon's pedantry (at least, from me anyway :) )

Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him!  That's true of course, but goes for every player in the championship really.  He's actually a good defender at this level and his commitment to the cause is always wonderful to see.  Our defense seems to be improving this year and Keogh is at the heart of it. Long may it continue.

If we are going to pick on every mistake keogh makes maybe we should have a thread about huddlestone and wisdom, made more mistakes between them on saturday than keogh has made in all his time at derby i reckon.

54 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Interesting point that.

Far too many times in the last year has Keogh been the one being forced into setting our tempo, trying to speed things up. He was our best attacker against Birmingham! 

Archived