Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

24 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

so good a defender that you cannot even name him? Whilst a clanger, it wasn't lack of composure that caused it, it was a good cross, he had players in front and behind him and lots of time in the game, and a 2 goal lead.

Andy Roberston. Keoghs never going to win with you Mostyn , its a good job Derbys management team know a good honest player when they see one

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Why do you hate Keogh so much? What defenders do you rate better than Keogh in the championship? Looking forward to your answers.

don't mistake honest judgement for hate. I just see Keogh as one of the players holding us back, and when it comes to assessing what's gone wrong, I think Keogh's mistakes have cost us vital points in big games.  It's not about who I rate better or not, it's about who is going to be a cog in the promotion machine. I absolutely love Chris Martin, and also Craig Bryson, and similar can be said at those two when it counts. I also think there's something in the team that resembles an unhealthy 'player power' and think it cost both McClaren and Clement their jobs. I think Keogh influences that, and Wassall noticed it and handed him the armband to win the team over. 

You're only as strong as your weakest link. Keogh for me, is one.

2 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Andy Roberston. Keoghs never going to win with you Mostyn , its a good job Derbys management team know a good honest player when they see one

I never said he wasn't good, and wasn't honest. My stance, to be clear, is... he is NOT good enough to take us to the next level, and he has no intelligence (or not enough) to make right decisions.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

you can throw that one out forever, but ultimately your captain and central defender, on the edge of his own six yard box needs to be more composed than your other defenders 30 yards from goal and out on the wing. Yes they could and should have done better. But show me a promoted defender who does something so calamitous. You won't find one in such a vital game at such a vital time, in such a vital position! Crosses come into the box many times a game, it's basic bread and butter defending no matter how you dress up the sad excuse making

I am not saying Keogh wasn't partially to blame but to say he is the reason we lost is just wrong, its convenient to forgive Forsythe and bucko, especially bucko as he is a cult hero. Its a team game, how about laying some blame at the feet of the midfielders and attack for not scoring or creating enough chances against ten men ?

Ke

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

don't mistake honest judgement for hate. I just see Keogh as one of the players holding us back, and when it comes to assessing what's gone wrong, I think Keogh's mistakes have cost us vital points in big games.  It's not about who I rate better or not, it's about who is going to be a cog in the promotion machine. I absolutely love Chris Martin, and also Craig Bryson, and similar can be said at those two when it counts. I also think there's something in the team that resembles an unhealthy 'player power' and think it cost both McClaren and Clement their jobs. I think Keogh influences that, and Wassall noticed it and handed him the armband to win the team over. 

I never said he wasn't good, and wasn't honest. My stance, to be clear, is... he is NOT good enough to take us to the next level, and he has no intelligence (or not enough) to make right decisions.

Keogh our weakest link? What drugs are you on, he plays every game for Derby, won player of the year twice, did you ever play the game? Keogh is by far our most consistence player over the last 3 seasons, so you still have not answered my question which defenders are better than Keogh in the championship?

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Wassall handed Keogh the armband because it needed to be on someone who was going to play week in week out, and Keogh does that. Plus, him being the previous captain means he would understood what the role entails.

I can think of plenty of weaker links in this team than Keogh. Christie, Olsson, our wingers, Thorne's inability to be fit for more than 8 months at a time (something that is in no way his fault), a lot of our strikers and quite a bit of the midfield.

I wonder, if he's still here next season and we go up, will you reevaluate your position? Or if he goes to another team and goes up with them?

54 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Ke

Keogh our weakest link? What drugs are you on, he plays every game for Derby, won player of the year twice, did you ever play the game? Keogh is by far our most consistence player over the last 3 seasons, so you still have not answered my question which defenders are better than Keogh in the championship?

The same poster(Mostyn) claimed that 'we' battered Barnsley few weeks ago at their place apparently. ? 

Also I don't understand why people still thinks he's the one holding us back.. Seriously???? Yes he may make few 'mistakes' but he's NOT the only one do them that's a massive FACT. 

I never really understand the "certain players don't do well in big games" argument. They almost always ignore big games in which they have performed in and slightly fudge the truth. Martin scores more and assists more per game against fellow top six sides than Gray and Vokes do. 

That Reading game is often brought up - we were in awful form and had half of our strongest starting XI out. 

People always ignore the Ipswich game - the defence was a rock, we out scrapped them and Martin did well to take advantage of the situation that presented itself to him.

What even IS a big game?! 

18 minutes ago, cannable said:

I never really understand the "certain players don't do well in big games" argument. They almost always ignore big games in which they have performed in and slightly fudge the truth. Martin scores more and assists more per game against fellow top six sides than Gray and Vokes do. 

That Reading game is often brought up - we were in awful form and had half of our strongest starting XI out. 

People always ignore the Ipswich game - the defence was a rock, we out scrapped them and Martin did well to take advantage of the situation that presented itself to him.

What even IS a big game?! 

Martin scored three goals in the play off semis against Brighton. Didnt score against Burnley cos he was sent off for being fouled in the penalty area. he had few chances against Boro Leicester etc cos we were stifled in midfield.

21 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Ke

Wow. Just wow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was watching the TV from afar.

Didnt see who the derby player was, who totally fluffed a clearence.

But I knew who it was.... because as we all know he has always got a mistake in him.

This is just simple defending, and he just cant seem to do it. God knows why he is still at the club, let alone captain.

On 20/09/2016 at 20:13, jagerbob said:

But I knew who it was.... because as we all know he has always got a mistake in him.

This is just simple defending, and he just cant seem to do it. God knows why he is still at the club, let alone captain.

Let's have a thread to hound him when he makes a mistake.

Been our best player by a distance this season, but shouldn't be at the club?

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Who do you reckon we should have signed to replace him?

Archived