Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

Just now, irobinson said:

Dunk

Well, first of all that isn't a realistic signing. Brighton wouldn't have let him go to a team they would have thought to be a promotion rival.

Secondly, like Keogh he also has 'always got a mistake in him.'

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14194590.Dunk_under_pressure_after_error_dumps_Albion_out_of_FA_Cup/?ref=rss

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14194149.Albion_Analysis__Dunk_must_cut_out_the_errors_to_make_it_to_the_top/

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Well, first of all that isn't a realistic signing. Brighton wouldn't have let him go to a team they would have thought to be a promotion rival.

Secondly, like Keogh he also has 'always got a mistake in him.'

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14194590.Dunk_under_pressure_after_error_dumps_Albion_out_of_FA_Cup/?ref=rss

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14194149.Albion_Analysis__Dunk_must_cut_out_the_errors_to_make_it_to_the_top/

When was that - when he was18? 

Just now, TroyDyer said:

The guy is ******* useless. Always has been. 

Player of the year at Carlisle, two player of the year awards at Coventry, two player of the year awards at Derby, a Championship team of the year award and numerous Ireland caps would suggest this guy hasn't always been "******* useless."

I don't care how good he looks against the likes of Ipswich town, he will never be or never has been a quality centre back. The worst bit of business we did in the summer was extending his contract and not getting rid.

The rose tinted glasses brigade will say all centre backs make mistakes, none as often and as costly as Richard Keogh makes. He simply doesn't have the steel to ever be a good centre back. 

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I don't care how good he looks against the likes of Ipswich town, he will never be or never has been a quality centre back. The worst bit of business we did in the summer was extending his contract and not getting rid.

The rose tinted glasses brigade will say all centre backs make mistakes, none as often and as costly as Richard Keogh makes. He simply doesn't have the steel to ever be a good centre back. 

I'd rather take the opinion of Clough, McClaren, Clement, Wassall, Pearson and O'Neil over yours tbh

He's going to do this every once in a while because unfortunately his technique is a bit crap and it shows in flashes like this, but we'll just have to accept it and appreciate all the good things he brings to the team. Any chance one of his under performing team mates will bail him out?

7 minutes ago, Mykey said:

I've said it for ages we will not do anything with keogh in the side. He is useless, I really can't understand how he gets in also captain. He needs to go. You watch all the goals we concede and over half will be down to him.

I have been slated but he has been the challenge since the play off final, looks good running forward but always has a mistake in him. 

Just now, irobinson said:
3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

The video was from when he was younger and the two articles were from this year showing that Dunk always has a mistake in him just like Keogh does ... and probably every other Championship defender.

He does have better hair lol

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

I rather take the opinion of Clough, McClaren, Wassall, Pearson and O'Neil over yours tbh

The best choice out of a bad bunch for all the managers you've just named. Clark was dreadful in euros and O'Shea passed it if they had a better option he wouldn't be an international. 

Just now, YouRams said:

The best choice out of a bad bunch for all the managers you've just named. Clark was dreadful in euros and O'Shea passed it if they had a better option he wouldn't be an international. 

What a silly comment. Every single international player in the world wouldn't be an international player if their countries had better options than them. Think before you post.

20 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Knew it wouldn't take long, bet the Keogh haters are happy tonight

If you're including me in that, no, the total opposite in fact. I'm livid again that this man parading himself as a professional had the composure of a scarecrow in a hurricane! 

Just now, YouRams said:

We had Pearce, Shackell and Buxton last season who are all very good CBs and Keogh was still first on the team sheet. If he was so so bad as you all say surely one of those managers would have replaced him or atleast dropped him, but no they all rate him. 

Archived