Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

What a silly comment. Every single international player in the world wouldn't be an international player if their countries had better options than them. Think before you post.

Not really no, to say because he's been picked by certain managers makes him a good defender is a daft comment imo. Anyone with half a football brain can see Keogh isn't a good defender, a steady championship defender prone to massive cock ups is being kind. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Player of the year at Carlisle, two player of the year awards at Coventry, two player of the year awards at Derby, a Championship team of the year award and numerous Ireland caps would suggest this guy hasn't always been "******* useless."

******* useless. Cov relegated, Derby failed failed failed. Major errors in nearly all major games. 

Headless chicken. Sooner he ***** off the better. 

Just now, YouRams said:

Not really no, to say because he's been picked by certain managers makes him a good defender is a daft comment imo. Anyone with half a football brain can see Keogh isn't a good defender, a steady championship defender prone to massive cock ups is being kind. 

So Clough, McClaren, Clement, Wassall, Pearson, O'Neil and Trapattoni don't have half a football brain? 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

If you're including me in that, no, the total opposite in fact. I'm livid again that this man parading himself as a professional had the composure of a scarecrow in a hurricane! 

Exactly. I want him to **** off, not constantly **** us over. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

We had Pearce, Shackell and Buxton last season who are all very good CBs and Keogh was still first on the team sheet. If he was so so bad as you all say surely one of those managers would have replaced him or atleast dropped him, but no they all rate him. 

Pearce was poor when given the chance in the cup and Bucko came on like he was after a contract in the WWE, as I said best of a bad bunch.

Pearce is making the most of his chance now, I hope Pearson does the same as he did to Shackell and drops Keogh for the next. 

Just now, YouRams said:

Again, another silly comment. He's been rated highly by numerous Derby managers, the Ireland manager, his fellow Championship players, his fellow Derby players and even won a fan's vote a couple of years back. So all of these people lack even half a football brain because they believe Keogh to be a good defender? It's baffles me how the majority of those I've just listed are making a living in football and you aren't ... you seem to know so much more than them.

Just now, YouRams said:

Pearce was poor when given the chance in the cup and Bucko came on like he was after a contract in the WWE, as I said best of a bad bunch.

Pearce is making the most of his chance now, I hope Pearson does the same as he did to Shackell and drops Keogh for the next. 

If he was so poor why has no manager even bothered trying to replace him? 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

He is a poor player full of mistakes blames everyone else where over 50% of our goals conceded are down to him! not just the cock ups he don't mark his positioning is awful. And he is well of a ugly bloke

2 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

******* useless. Cov relegated, Derby failed failed failed. Major errors in nearly all major games. 

Headless chicken. Sooner he ***** off the better. 

Sooner fans like yourself who rush to berate a player **** off, the better. You rush on to hit your keyboard in anger at Keogh, what good does it do? It's all very childish.

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

If he was so poor why has no manager even bothered trying to replace him? 

Because the fraudster turns up sometimes in none pressure games, if he wasn't as steady on the ball coming out of defence which suits our passing style I think he'd of been long gone.

It doesn't help that there's not many quality CB's around unless your willing to pay silly money. 

Defenders are rarely noticed for things they do right.

When people watch the highlight videos, they see the occasional mistakes, rather than the solid defensive work and the excellent tackles he makes far more regularly than the mistakes so many people on here slate him for. 

The fact that it's never been easier to see snippets of games than in the modern world, means that the social media brigade don't bother to watch the generally good work Keogh does, and even fewer people than that watch and appreciate how much he gives for the team, how much he cares about our club. 

The man is committed to the cause, and we have bigger problems at our club than the occasional mistake. He's easily good enough to play for us at the level we're at, and is not an international for no reason. 

5 minutes ago, Mykey said:

He is a poor player full of mistakes blames everyone else where over 50% of our goals conceded are down to him! not just the cock ups he don't mark his positioning is awful. And he is well of a ugly bloke

Had this argument on here before people are blinded by the last ditch tackles but if he sorted his positioning he wouldn't need to make half of the tackles he does. Baffles me that people rate him. 

Archived