Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

Keogh makes mistakes but so do the rest the team, the only massive mistakes that come to mind have been forsaken by the rest of his teammates.

It difficult to win player of the year twice if you are that terrible. He is a ball playing CB and personally that's more important than half of the defenders in the division. The fact people would take that oaf Hanley over our CBs is madness to me. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

That's either a glorious sport waiting for a market, or a dreadful euphemism for an unspeakable act.....:lol:

I'm going to say glorious sport to keep myself out of trouble.

4 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Martin O'Neil - Kept him on the bench for most of the Euros

Clement - sacked

Steve Mac - sacked

Darren Wassall - sacked/demoted

Nigel Clough - sacked

Nigel Pearson - 0 games

Whereas you've won the league with Derby on Football Manager without needing Keogh so your opinion is worth more than those professional managers. 

@mumblemumble Your flawless logic has won me over. Despite consistently being rated amongst the top centre backs in this league, the club rejecting several transfer attempts in the past, playing international football on a regular basis, beening consistently picked in his position above others by several mangers for Derby and watching him for numerous years myself and being rather impressed, Keogh is obviously a accident prone, lucky not to be playing in league two, bang average Defender. :ph34r: 

Bet my left testicle your a regular on the Radio Derby Moan In! 

2 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

Keogh makes mistakes but so do the rest the team, the only massive mistakes that come to mind have been forsaken by the rest of his teammates.

It difficult to win player of the year twice if you are that terrible. He is a ball playing CB and personally that's more important than half of the defenders in the division. The fact people would take that oaf Hanley over our CBs is madness to me. 

Neither Huth nor Morgan could be described as ball playing CBs, could they?

Both stoppers of the old school, more like.

And they were the last two CBs Pearson recruited before his untimely demise at Leicester.

As an alternative to Keogh, a much better option has to be James Chester, surely?

Keogh wont make as many mistakes, because Pearson wont allow the team to play so gung-ho with the pressing game, which when not working well leaves us very vunerable defensively.

Under the good spell under Clement when he had our defensive shape in order, we didnt concede many and Keogh didnt make the same mistakes. Basically he was just concentrating on his job not trying to do everyone elses.

Stick to what your good at Keogh.

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Does he play with bananas on his boots? Another slip of his nearly cost us today. 

But didn't, all most Keogh detractors can point to is where he nearly cost us points, rather than examples where he actually did!

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

But didn't, all most Keogh detractors can point to is where he nearly cost us points, rather than examples where he actually did!

Thanks to some good defending from his counterparts, also left his man with a free effort on goal in which Christie saved his bacon In the second half.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Thanks to some good defending from his counterparts, also left his man with a free effort on goal in which Christie saved his bacon In the second half.

I suppose Keogh's never saved the bacon of an exposed colleague in the past, then?

Defend as a team, and cover each other's backs!

8 minutes ago, YouRams said:

And Christie's bacon was saved by Knockaert's failure to convent his chance.

But his name isn't Keogh so we might as well ignore that one, right?

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

True, but everyone was a bit poo today, so just wanted to point out Keogh wasn't the only one. 

Agreed not going to be too worried unless we look the same towards the end of the month, bit of match sharpness missing from nearly all the players games.

1 minute ago, Grantona said:

Clean sheet .....cannot argue with that....if a moan is needed look at the midfielders. Hughes and Hendrick did not look 10-figure players.

Don't agree, I though Hughes added a lot to the team when he came on, you either didn't go to the game or watched something different to me

Archived