Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

11 minutes ago, JW37 said:

Might be slightly wrong in this but Birmingham have had the least amount of passes and possession out of any team in the championship and I believe his Burton played in a similar style (not exactly the Derby way). He also doesn't know what to do with a big budget so signings who knows, Toral has looks like a good signing but I think it was only a loan deal? and as seen this season Mel isn't keen on loanees. I think the players we've got don't suit his rigid 4-2-3-1 with solid back line with defensive fullbacks, two proper ball-winners in the middle, two hard working wingers, a luxury flair number 10 and a hard working target man. We just haven't got that. The fans would get very impatient as they always do due to the style of play and the players wouldn't fit square pegs and all that. Basically I think he's a rough round the edges Clement with a win at all costs mentality putting results over performances. Not what Derby are looking for.   

He's never had the opportunity to play anything other than that though has he? 

I'm not saying I want him but I think it's hard to criticise his playing style when he's working with Paul Robinson and Michael Morrison at centre back. Try telling them to play an expansive passing style.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, nottingram said:

He's never had the opportunity to play anything other than that though has he? 

I'm not saying I want him but I think it's hard to criticise his playing style when he's working with Paul Robinson and Michael Morrison at centre back. Try telling them to play an expansive passing style.

Rodgers:wub: did it with Monk and Tate

Rowett's bad run recently could be a Newcastle/Maclaren lookalike allegedly where the players think that he is leaving and play like whatever.

Give Rogers a load of money as wages and we will be staying up at least but he would want to spend a lot of cash on players. Maclaren spent about £80 million and .......

I do not think that Rowett could do the job.

Best way forward is to get promoted this year and have a three year plan i.e. up, down and back up again.

24 minutes ago, eddie said:

Darren Wassall this time 54.55%

Darren Wassall overall 50.00%

I see your losers and raise you one winner - this after turning round a team that hadn't won in 8 games. :p

I cant argue against a stat when I've used a stat, however only two of the wins we have played well in so I wont get carried away yet. If we were to play like that for the rest of the season, Wassalls name could go in the hat as long as he has a gagging order for post match interviews.

18 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Thought he did extremely well at Spurs. I haven't got the stats but I remember when he got sacked there SSN showed he had one of the highest win percentages out all the other spurs managers? If someone wants to check this and post then go for it.

He is an extremely passionate, straight talking manager. Ok at Villa it didn't end up working well for him but they were a sinking ship which no body could do anything with. Remi Garde had a high reputation and did even worse when proceeding Sherwood.

Sherwood loves to quote his win percentage at Spurs, because without context it does seem very impressive. With context, not so much. His 50% win percentage is worse than AVB, who was sacked for results not being good enough.

I know he had very little money to spend at Villa, but he spent 6 million of it on Rudy Gestede.

11 minutes ago, Anon said:

Sherwood loves to quote his win percentage at Spurs, because without context it does seem very impressive. With context, not so much. His 50% win percentage is worse than AVB, who was sacked for results not being good enough.

I know he had very little money to spend at Villa, but he spent 6 million of it on Rudy Gestede.

oh go on then i'll post Sherwoods record at Spurs. Quick search and found this:

LAST FIVE MANAGER'S WIN %

Mauricio Pochettino                  52%

Tim Sherwood                         59%

Andre Villas-Boas                     53.7%

Harry Redknapp                       49.3%

Juane Ramos                            28.57%

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2962763/Tim-Sherwood-win-percentage-Tottenham-better-Mauricio-Pochettino.html#ixzz45iL8fhhb

Bare in Mind this is dated so Pochettino's stats will be much higher now I imagine.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Clement was more exciting name than any of those 16...

Reason was simple, of course, no one really knew what we would get.

I'd personally put Monk and Rodgers in the 'more exciting' category

43 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I cant argue against a stat when I've used a stat, however only two of the wins we have played well in so I wont get carried away yet. If we were to play like that for the rest of the season, Wassalls name could go in the hat as long as he has a gagging order for post match interviews.

He's calmed down a bit - but if we get to Wembley and we win, I expect him to turn into the anti-Davies

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

To be fair to Rowett he hasn't actually managed a good side. And by that I mean one that is expected to be towards the top of their division, he's just turned them into one.

Burton - he picked up from Pesch where Burton struggled and were 17th in League Two. He then took Burton to the play-offs twice and left for Birmingham with them top of the table. Many, including myself were confused when he took the Birmingham job. I was certain they would go down.

Birmingham - he joined them 23rd in the table after 14 games. <b>The following season they escaped relegation due to the referee continuing play until they managed to equalise.</b> By the end of the season they were tenth. He's had no money, and he's had to build his team on loanees and freebies. There's no guarantee he would succeed at a team with money and expectation, but nobody can criticise his managerial record so far.

That was actually the previous season under Lee Clark they escaped relegation on the final day. Rowett guided them to 10th in his first (partial season), he took over in October when they were 23rd as you say and had just lost 8-0 to Bournemouth at home.

5 minutes ago, Strider said:

That was actually the previous season under Lee Clark they escaped relegation on the final day. Rowett guided them to 10th in his first (partial season), he took over in October when they were 23rd as you say and had just lost 8-0 to Bournemouth at home.

I know they escaped under Lee Clark, but wasn't there a ridiculous amount of added time? And they scored in literally the last kick which is the only reason they survived. Then Rowett has come in and taken them from 23rd to two consecutive top-half finishes

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

oh go on then i'll post Sherwoods record at Spurs. Quick search and found this:

LAST FIVE MANAGER'S WIN %

Mauricio Pochettino                  52%

Tim Sherwood                         59%

Andre Villas-Boas                     53.7%

Harry Redknapp                       49.3%

Juane Ramos                            28.57%

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2962763/Tim-Sherwood-win-percentage-Tottenham-better-Mauricio-Pochettino.html#ixzz45iL8fhhb

Bare in Mind this is dated so Pochettino's stats will be much higher now I imagine.

That's Premier League win percentage only. Either Sherwood doesn't care about any cup competition, or he's deliberately omitting results that make his record look worse. Let's also factor in that 22 games is a very small sample size if we want to use win percentage to accurately assess how good a manager has been. The guy, in my opinion, is all mouth and no trousers.

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

That's Premier League win percentage only. Either Sherwood doesn't care about any cup competition, or he's deliberately omitting results that make his record look worse. Let's also factor in that 22 games is a very small sample size if we want to use win percentage to accurately assess how good a manager has been. The guy, in my opinion, is all mouth and no trousers.

I've heard he speaks quite highly of you as well!

30 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've heard he speaks quite highly of you as well!

60% of the things Tim Sherwood says about me are positive.*

*N.B. This statistic does not include opinions given whilst wearing a gilet.

Archived