Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

2 hours ago, Half fan said:

I seem to recall Radio Derby's wonderful Graham "Twin Towers" Richards telling us that O'Neill does not spend much time on the training pitch.

So he'd need a Head Coach. Schteve!

Now that would be a managerial and coaching combo for which I would renew my season ticket in a flash, Uncle Mel please.

A good call. Despite the disaffection for Schteve, there are some on this forum who still have a yearning for his style of play.

Of course , they may be totally incompatible as a duo.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, robglosta said:

Erm, he's not a fan then?

We both know 'fanboy' is a derisory term and that's how you intended it, same as referring to Wassall as his 'pet'. If you're going to make idiotic and demeaning comments at least have the courage to stand by them rather than feigning innocence after the event.

4 hours ago, tings said:

I think martin O'Neill will come as well.  Or if not id like Brendon rogers but don't think it'll be realistic at this present time unless we go up.  As some of you may know i do believe Mel has log ons to some of these sites so we should be realistic in putting who you want as it may influence on his thinking slightly.  Probably not but... he may look at fans choices.

Mel reads this site. Wave to him.

58 minutes ago, 86 points said:

We both know 'fanboy' is a derisory term and that's how you intended it, same as referring to Wassall as his 'pet'. If you're going to make idiotic and demeaning comments at least have the courage to stand by them rather than feigning innocence after the event.

'Pet' is true though, Wassall is a yes man with no chance whatsoever of getting the job and he should be continuing his good work with the 21s.  It is a chronic waste of 1/4 season and I fully disagree with the approach.     

5 hours ago, rynny said:

Didn't PC get to chose his coaches, fitness coach, asked if he would like to sign the player, asked for specific players that were signed? Didn't Mel say to PC what do you need to make it happen? The war room, the analytical team, the posh seats in the dug out, to name just a few.

The next head coach that comes in will have the same opportunities as PC. The biggest problem PC had was the same as SM towards the end, getting the balance right between being solid at the back whilst maintaining a fast attacking force. Getting the best from our players that got us to 3rd in 13/14, that were going well at the top of the table in 14/15.

Perhaps Mel has realised the mistake was getting a Head Coach as apposed to a Manager, and that is why PC

went!!

I'd take Rowett to be honest. Straight up guy, capable of building something, hard working and growing a good reputation. I think we need someone to galvanise and bring it all together. He'd do a good job of that and maybe we can retain arry as some kind of mentor. I just want to see us playing as a team and trying to play attacking football. I'm willing to wait as long as we actually move forwards, bring through a few talented youngsters and retain players who want to fight for the club. If Rowett cab do that then he's got my vote. 

13 minutes ago, EastKentRam said:

Yes you can over achieve throughout 46 games Pat. 

Yes i agree, not too sure about rowett!! Would like to see a bigger figure, an experienced one.  Someone who the players will look up to and can give a kick up the arse when needed.

22 minutes ago, tings said:

Yes i agree, not too sure about rowett!! Would like to see a bigger figure, an experienced one.  Someone who the players will look up to and can give a kick up the arse when needed.

Agreed - and someone who can draw players to us; especially if we eventually get to the PL.

in reality we're not going to get a Moyes or a Rodgers, though I thought Pearson might have been realistic when Clement got sacked. So, the next level is people like Rowett and maybe Warburton, though I think he will stay at Rangers,

1 minute ago, Rammeister said:

Agreed - and someone who can draw players to us; especially if we eventually get to the PL.

in reality we're not going to get a Moyes or a Rodgers, though I thought Pearson might have been realistic when Clement got sacked. So, the next level is people like Rowett and maybe Warburton, though I think he will stay at Rangers,

Yes warburton a good shout i thought of him but cant see him leaving after they won that league with him so comfortably.

Rowett has been my Number 1 for a while, if we couldnt get Clement, I wanted Rowett to come in.

Lives locally and has done for years, doubt hed move far for another job unless it was a BIG club and a BIG opportunity.

Hes young and can be in our long term plan.

Likes to develop youth players and can spot a talent.

Seems to create a good team spirit, his players play for each other it seems.

I dont think he is a yes man.

I personally like the way hes got the blues playing, if he does that with a tiny budget and no real infrastructure then I can only imagine what he could (or not) do at Derby.

It doesnt faze me that PL clubs are in for him, we all know that we have the financial muscle to get a good manager and also our infrastructure at the club and arguably the players are top championship, borderline PL quality 

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

looks like somebody knows something and has spilled the beans, looks like a done deal !! n

944994_10207738732085252_5683430526924970884_n.jpg

also just seen this which is not very inspiring, lets hope that it is down to player quality and not management style !

13015128_10153638251749576_4927057841515692819_n.jpg

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

Odds mean nothing, only that most people are betting on Rowett. 

While that is true, it's VERY unusual for something like this to go to 1/1

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Odds mean nothing, only that most people are betting on Rowett. 

who would bet on it at 1/1 now ?

that means that the bookies want to stop any more bets coming in so they don't have to pay out !!

ie its a nailed on cert !! (allegedly)

Archived