Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

6 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Just read an article that a Derby county delegation went up to Scotland to watch Rangers play in their last match and to speak to Mark Warburton. Advised by Harry to sound him out for being Rams next Manager. Anyone got other or extra info on this. 

I think you might be thinking of this article that was on a website run by Celtic supporters. Pinch of salt, as always, required before reading:

http://videocelts.com/2016/04/blogs/latest-news/championship-club-planning-warbo-summer-swoop

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

But this isn't what you originally said. You said he left because he disagreed with the structure. One similar to ours. When in fact he didn't have a choice in the matter so how could he have left over the structure?

no manager or coach ever resigns / leaves. If they want to leave they make sure they get fired. He left because they run a flawed system.

Probably taken from the Scottish Sun a month or two ago: 

Derby eye Warburton

DERBY have reportedly lined up Rangers boss Mark Warburton after sacking manager Paul Clement earlier this month.

Rams chief Mel Morris gave Clement the boot after just 33 games, after Derby’s form dipped, and is understood to have been keen on Warburton for a while.

However, any move would come in the summer, with Derby academy chief Darren Wassall set to continue on a temporary basis until the end of the season. (Scottish Sun)

16 hours ago, igorlegend said:

aware of their"way". But to push manager out for massively over achieving at such a tiny club, and getting them three games away from Prem was amazing. I refer to a structure That took such a decision way before the end of the season. That is madness ..... He had nt failed until they never progressed through the playoffs. And any structure tat calculates they were good enough for automatic promotion is frankly a flawed system. MASSIVELY flawed.

9 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

But this isn't what you originally said. You said he left because he disagreed with the structure. One similar to ours. When in fact he didn't have a choice in the matter so how could he have left over the structure?

I never ever said he left because he disagreed with the structure.

please refrain from claiming I said things I did not say. Very poor understanding, and very poor to put words in my mouth, all be it without quoting me......clearly a you could not find a quote you just feel it appropriate to make stuff up.

you are now truly ignored, debating is fine. Making stuff up is not.

and, for the last time, they ran a flawed structure. Clearly flawed if it involved announcing a change of manager, before end of season, and because their system said they were under achieving. That is factaully a flawed system. Reason.....no way where they one of the two beat teams in the league on paper. No way.

I get the feeling a lot of #ITK sources are people within the club, which is why it is easy to deem them as credible - especially if you know them personally. But the reality is it's probably still just office gossip. There is no way the person cooking the vegetarian fry-ups at Moor Farm has any idea what Mel and co are planning/have already planned.

For example, how will anyone apart from MM, SR, DW, and the HR department know the ins-and-outs of DW's contract? It's also easy to spread rumours when you see a potential mangerial candidate take a tour of the facilities months ago and assume he's got the job and is already signed on for next season.

That said, I do enjoy a good #ITK post. Keep them coming!

9 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I never said it was similar that was igorlegends words I was using...

wrong again......you are claiming I said things I never ever said. Read my two main posts on this subject IF you wish to learn, assimilate, read and respond correctly to other posters on here. It is not good to attribute things to posters they have not said.

equally if that is how you operate on a debating forum, do nt let me spoil your fun misquoting - actually to misquote wouldbe a step improvement as you would at least be quoting from a persona post.....a move to accuracy.

4 hours ago, Matt Carbon said:

You most definitely should take ITK with a pinch of salt because the game/club moves at such a pace these days, often those with early information end up looking silly because things shift before the full story comes to light. This may well be the case here. That being said - I have been told - Warsaw has already penned a 3 year deal - as head coach. Presumably with some fairly lenient clauses that let Mr Morris shuffle DW back down to the academy if he sees fit.

Take all this information as you wish. 

I will take it as crud, even if he is announced as manager at the end of the season. The reason is you have (after some moderate criticism) added the ability for Mel to shuffle him back to the Academy. Nice cover for if Wassall isn't named Head Coach, obviously Mel exercise the clauses and you could claim to have been correct.

plus in the scenario you have made up (sorry added to your original tale) renders the contract pointless to the point of non existent

57 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I get the feeling a lot of #ITK sources are people within the club, which is why it is easy to deem them as credible - especially if you know them personally. But the reality is it's probably still just office gossip. There is no way the person cooking the vegetarian fry-ups at Moor Farm has any idea what Mel and co are planning/have already planned.

For example, how will anyone apart from MM, SR, DW, and the HR department know the ins-and-outs of DW's contract? It's also easy to spread rumours when you see a potential mangerial candidate take a tour of the facilities months ago and assume he's got the job and is already signed on for next season.

That said, I do enjoy a good #ITK post. Keep them coming!

Harry Redknapp has his own department now?!

8 hours ago, Matt Carbon said:

Wassell has already signed a 3 year contract.

Not WUMMING and will not divulge who has told me this but we would have to have meltdown for this to change.

I know this is the sort of post that drives most of you mad and I apologise for that, but thought I would share my info. 

I have made a note on my calendar to revisit this post in a few months time. Let's call it Carbon dating.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I have made a note on my calendar to revisit this post in a few months time. Let's call it Carbon dating.

but dont forget there's been a caveat added in a later post - Mel would have put clauses in so he can shuffle him back to the academy. So even if he's not announced as head coach Carbon would still be right.

On 14 April 2016 at 09:21, toldu said:

Warburton chose to leave because the club decided to do everything by statistical analysis and he didn't want to be part of that.    Told them early...and the rest of the world........then saw the season out. Can't see him wanting to leave Rangers without at least a season challenging Celtic .

9 hours ago, davenportram said:

but dont forget there's been a caveat added in a later post - Mel would have put clauses in so he can shuffle him back to the academy. So even if he's not announced as head coach Carbon would still be right.

Okay - happy to remove to remove the caveat.

to the best of my knowledge Wassall is our manager (head coach, or other terminology may come into it but manager by most people's definition) come 1st game of next season.

8 hours ago, igorlegend said:

@ilson ram. Please read below a more accurate report than anything you surmise/make up/misquote.

chow, much luv

Your arrogance is extraordinary considering he was definitely sacked and their structure is nothing like ours. Their manager has no say in signings ours does. 

The two points you made was that he quit (he was sacked) and it was for not agreeing with their structure (possibly true that he didn't agree with it, it is odd) you then likened their structure to ours which isn't accurate. I've not made anything up so step down off your high horse or don't respond. 

www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/footballleague/article4349288.ece

article explaining Benhams decision.

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Your arrogance is extraordinary considering he was definitely sacked and their structure is nothing like ours. Their manager has no say in signings ours does. 

The two points you made was that he quit (he was sacked) and it was for not agreeing with their structure (possibly true that he didn't agree with it, it is odd) you then likened their structure to ours which isn't accurate. I've not made anything up so step down off your high horse or don't respond. 

www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/footballleague/article4349288.ece

article explaining Benhams decision.

This is taken from the official statement from Brentford

Frank, Mark and David have decided, following long discussions with Matthew that they feel unable to work under the changed structure and approach as it differs from their football philosophy.

“We would have loved for Mark to stay, working within the new structure, but he feels that this is not right for him.  

“We understand that completely and had to weigh up the benefits of the new structure against losing a fantastically successful manager before taking this decision.

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/brentford-fc-mark-warburton-frank-mcparland-david-weir-statement-2277027.aspx#y7cqivF0TAGTMddX.99

This is from February last year, be strange to announce in February you are sacking your manager at the end of the season, wouldn't it? Also doesn't sound like sacking him does it?

11 hours ago, igorlegend said:

@ilson ram. Please read below a more accurate report than anything you surmise/make up/misquote.

chow, much luv

Chow? You going to eat? Or do you mean "ciao"

Archived