Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

Yeah I agree^

To be honest I have gone off rowett and no longer would want him. Therefore it is concerning he is even money. Rodgers wont come in my opinion or moyes.

So I think the most likely candidates (who will probably want the role) will be Harry,Wassall,Sherwood,Rowett and Pearson.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yeah I agree^

To be honest I have gone off rowett and no longer would want him. Therefore it is concerning he is even money. Rodgers wont come in my opinion or moyes.

So I think the most likely candidates (who will probably want the role) will be Harry,Wassall,Sherwood,Rowett and Pearson.

So if we get promotion with £ 100,000,000 in the kitty no premier managers would want the job, seems a bit daft if you ask me ( no one did I hasten to add )

11 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

people underestimate the pull of this club, we have a good set up with good people at the helm, we don't need to employ former Burton managers.

Colin might have been a good shout a while ago.

26 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

So if we get promotion with £ 100,000,000 in the kitty no premier managers would want the job, seems a bit daft if you ask me ( no one did I hasten to add )

To be honest I meant if we were to stay down. Ok we will be able to attract managers of 'higher' calibre if we were to get promotion but we should recruit someone who shares a long term vision regardless of what division we are in.

The key this time will be to actually make sure the manager is on board with the plans we have, rather than whatever happened with Clement.

16 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The key this time will be to actually make sure the manager is on board with the plans we have, rather than whatever happened with Clement.

Absolutely. At least looking at eperienced coaches/managers (as I hope and am sure we are) you're not just dependant on what BS they come out with at interview in order to get the job.

36 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Or the key could be to make sure we hire an unattractive manager to stop any potential affair seeking WAGS.

You know.. Just incase the rumours were true :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

To be honest I meant if we were to stay down. Ok we will be able to attract managers of 'higher' calibre if we were to get promotion but we should recruit someone who shares a long term vision regardless of what division we are in.

The Derby Way

On 13 April 2016 at 14:00, JW37 said:

Might be slightly wrong in this but Birmingham have had the least amount of passes and possession out of any team in the championship and I believe his Burton played in a similar style (not exactly the Derby way). He also doesn't know what to do with a big budget so signings who knows, Toral has looks like a good signing but I think it was only a loan deal? and as seen this season Mel isn't keen on loanees. I think the players we've got don't suit his rigid 4-2-3-1 with solid back line with defensive fullbacks, two proper ball-winners in the middle, two hard working wingers, a luxury flair number 10 and a hard working target man. We just haven't got that. The fans would get very impatient as they always do due to the style of play and the players wouldn't fit square pegs and all that. Basically I think he's a rough round the edges Clement with a win at all costs mentality putting results over performances. Not what Derby are looking for.   

Just going to leave these two bits here regarding passing and possession statistics. There from the Premier League as it stands this season.....

Does passing it 5000 more times than Birmingham really matter?

Does possession of the football really matter anymore?

No it isn't.... Moving it quick and hitting hard and fast is.

Would welcome Rowett with open arms here..... If he's got a winning mentality.... I would liken him to Billy in that respect... It may not be pretty, but does every win we have need to have a sparkle of glitter about it really? 

image.png

image.png

7 hours ago, igorlegend said:

a structure that sacks their most successful manager mid season for not getting them promoted before season ends......sounds like a structural problem to me !

No a chairman who sacks a manager he believes to be underperforming with the players at his disposal. It had nothing to do with wanting to change the structure it was a structure that was working fine in league 1 for both parties and for the first part of the season. 

Whether you agree on the decision or not it had nothing to do with structure it was solely down to statistics and algorithms. The same statistics and algorithms which allowed Brentford to sign some brilliant unknowns on the cheap. 

17 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Just going to leave these two bits here regarding passing and possession statistics. There from the Premier League as it stands this season.....

Does passing it 5000 more times than Birmingham really matter?

Does possession of the football really matter anymore?

No it isn't.... Moving it quick and hitting hard and fast is.

Would welcome Rowett with open arms here..... If he's got a winning mentality.... I would liken him to Billy in that respect... It may not be pretty, but does every win we have need to have a sparkle of glitter about it really? 

image.png

image.png

these statistics suggest that Leicester are an anomaly and that to be at the top of the table you tend to have more possession and more passes than your opposition? otherwise 3 out of the top 4 wouldnt be near the top of those two tables you showed us? I like the idea that if you get the performances right the results will follow. 

We got results under Clement hence ending up top of the league on boxing day. But the style of play was too rigid and negative resulting in unhappy players, fans and most importantly the owner. Mel has openly said performances over results so in terms of Derby at the minute yes passing it 5000 more times than Birmingham is important. Clement was a risk and Rowett is also a risk.

Archived