Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

I watched a lot of Burton games under Rowett and he managed to get them into the play offs in back to back seasons, he would be my first choice and would love him here at the club. He's a very passionate hard working manager. He'd stop this nonsense side to side and backward 5/10 yard dribble that we've been witnessing. He wouldn't be afraid to be more direct and he would 100% improve the effort and willingness to work as a unit, to re install the passion of wearing the derby shirt. He's all about solidity as a unit, playing as a team (which is our biggest downfall) getting each other out of sticky situations. I for one, would love to see him here next season! 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Derby are going to have the same issue that Man Utd have at the moment the majority of their fan's want LVG out yet the board won't get rid until he categorically can't get Utd into a Top 4 spot meanwhile Mourinho waits long enough in the background and goes somewhere else in the interim......by the time we've waited for Wassall to fail to get us into the Top 6 at the end of the season all the better managers will have been snapped up

I would be happy with Rowett, has managed to surpass or achieve expectations in his roles so far!! History with the club and lives local too!! I said to a friend back when Clement was sacked that it's likely we will end up with him or Pearson!

Id still prefer Rodgers though if I'm honest, but that's more likely wishful thinking! If it was going to happen he would he been appointed by now!

12 hours ago, robglosta said:

Judging by Mel's desire to see his pet Wassall float us along until the seasons end, I would say Rowett - another old boy for the fan boy - is a likely option to be in charge at the start of next season. 

Are you seriously referring to Mel Morris as a 'fanboy'! applying it to a man who has cleared our debts and invested £25 million+ trying to strengthen the squad. Morris may have made a few mistakes, I grant you, but he is certainly no 'fanboy'. 

Speaking to a Brum fan on holiday last week, and I asked his thoughts on Rowett. He said they are set up to play counter attacking football - soak up pressure and hit on the break.  He said he's doing well with the resources they have and is having to beg, steal and borrow to get a team together.  Their main problem is they just aren't clinical enough in front of goal and occasionally aren't solid enough.  It's more down to the budget available than Rowett being bad, he reckoned.

I thought it'd be Rowett all along - in realistic terms, he's about the level we're capable of getting.  All this nonsense about Brendan Rodgers and the likes is a bit hopeful and expensive in my opinion.

5 hours ago, 86 points said:

Are you seriously referring to Mel Morris as a 'fanboy'! applying it to a man who has cleared our debts and invested £25 million+ trying to strengthen the squad. Morris may have made a few mistakes, I grant you, but he is certainly no 'fanboy'. 

You did well to get that far through the post. I stopped reading at 'pet Wassall'

Ive actually had to go on 'urban dictionary' to see what a fanboy is. There are probably a million worse things he could call him, is it even a real insult? 

Getting a three year old to stand there and call him a baldy poo face is probably more insulting 

i dont get it 

35 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Ive actually had to go on 'urban dictionary' to see what a fanboy is. There are probably a million worse things he could call him, is it even a real insult? 

Getting a three year old to stand there and call him a baldy poo face is probably more insulting 

i dont get it 

What is a fanboy ? I can't be bothered to search ☺

5 hours ago, 86 points said:

Are you seriously referring to Mel Morris as a 'fanboy'! applying it to a man who has cleared our debts and invested £25 million+ trying to strengthen the squad. Morris may have made a few mistakes, I grant you, but he is certainly no 'fanboy'. 

Erm, he's not a fan then?

And wasn't Rowett the one who pointed out that we are not a team but a bunch of individuals. At least he spots that as opposed to what our current manager sees, which leads me to the conclusion that he might actually know how to fix it. I'd take him if we can't get Rodgers. 

12 minutes ago, Ninos said:

And wasn't Rowett the one who pointed out that we are not a team but a bunch of individuals. At least he spots that as opposed to what our current manager sees, which leads me to the conclusion that he might actually know how to fix it. I'd take him if we can't get Rodgers. 

I can see we are a bunch of individuals rather than a team, should I apply for the job?!

I'm pretty sure our current manager can see that too.

Sith Happens

I'd go for Rowett yes please, a young manager, knows the club, has done well so far when you look at his record. Took Burton from a mid table League 2 team to promotion contenders, yes it was JFH who got them promoted but the foundations had been laid by then (JFH is hardly pulling up trees at QPR is he).

Then Rowett took a totally dead in the water Birmingham outfit and has turned them into a decent championship team.

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What is the difference between a head coach and a manager in your opinion Cornwall?

A head coach works in a structure set by the club. Generally that will involve coaching the players and picking the team. He may have a degree of input into hiring and firing of staff and player recruitment, but the degree of that involvement will be set by the club.

A manager sets his own structure. Some managers like to be involved in every training sessions, some just observe the odd one here and there. Some managers function as their own head scout and spend a huge amount of time concentrating on player recruitment, whilst some have trusted staff whom they happy to let do nearly all the scouting. Some managers like to spend a lot of time with the junior teams and see youth development as the key to success. Each manager performs the role slightly differently, but the crucial thing is that it is they who decide exactly what their role is. Successful managers will have built up a back-room staff to support them, e.g. a manager who does not like to take every training session will have a couple of trusted coaches who will train the players in the way the manager wants.

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Is that what happens?

I don't have an insight into how the club is operated so you are right to ask the question, because in reality I really don't know.

It seemed we were buying players suggested by a recruitment department, buying bodies rather than selecting a player to replace a specific position, and then hoping Clement would come in and shape those bodies into a team. If that was how it went, I would say we need to bring someone In who can assess what is here and tweak it as he sees.

I think Harry is the key to this, he is a very good eyes and ears over the next few weeks and will no doubt suggest to the new manager who he should look to move on.

I will add though, I am extremely grateful to Mel and Sam for what they are doing with Derby, being a Derby fan has taken on a whole new dimension these last couple of years, it hasn't ended as hoped just yet but as Mel rightly says "it's not a question of if, it's a question of when" and I trust those words.

Archived