Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not had a fair crack ? Monk got his 1st job in management at a premier league club , with a good squad left in a good place from micheal Laudrup!  Rowett on the other hand as worked his way up too were he is now .

Also favours the casual knitwear style of Paul Clement.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not had a fair crack ? Monk got his 1st job in management at a premier league club , with a good squad left in a good place from micheal Laudrup!  Rowett on the other hand as worked his way up too were he is now .

Agreed & Rowett has probably left Burton in slightly better shape than when he arrived (although a lot of ground work was done by clough) 

He most certainly 100% will leave Birmingham in better shape than when he arrived.

Monk left swansea in worse shape hovering above relegation.

Rowett has taken two clubs slightly forward in he tenure Monk took one slightly backwards. They were slipping when he got the chop

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Would you be prepared to accept the abuse Mel gets if he came and bombed?

See, I don't think Mel/Rowett would get too much abuse if it doesn't work ut. Disappointment and grumbling, maybe, but I think the majority would recognise it was a sensible appointment that resembled something like rational thinking, that just didn't work.

It'd be a very normal appointment, which to be honest is what I think is frustrating people so much after we've had top drama season after season, so I hope people would respond well to something... normal.

He might not be a big premier league name, but maybe we're better off that way.

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Would you be prepared to accept the abuse Mel gets if he came and bombed?

Probably not, i'll be calling for all their heads if we've not won six from the first six games next season (willing to put up with five from six if we're in the division above) :ph34r:

50 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

He's done well at Burton and Birmingham and now has experience in managing in this league which is what we need, my first choice would have been Pearson but Rowett is a sound appointment should it happen. 

don't know how mate, but you managed to quote something i never wrote. Just saying ........

We need a old head, a been there done that figure not someone who's achieved next to nothing in the championship and that's no disrespect to Rowett, as I really like the bloke and the turnaround he's made at Birmingham.

Other than him being ex Derby and he lives in the area, nobody has actually commented on his style of play or the fact he's managing a side with more than enough quality to be top half of the league. Toral, Fabbrini, Cotterill all good players at this level. On Another hand, Rowett also rates Shotton, Legzdins ETC and I'm pretty sure he's just lost against a piss poor Charlton side? Hardly someone who can substain results is it?

Mick McCarthy is doing just a good job with Ipswich, every season he manages to build a side more than capable of being in and around the play offs, on absolute peanuts. I'd go for him or Hughton if Brighton don't go up.

4 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

See, I don't think Mel/Rowett would get too much abuse if it doesn't work ut. Disappointment and grumbling, maybe, but I think the majority would recognise it was a sensible appointment that resembled something like rational thinking, that just didn't work.

It'd be a very normal appointment, which to be honest is what I think is frustrating people so much after we've had top drama season after season, so I hope people would respond well to something... normal.

He might not be a big premier league name, but maybe we're better off that way.

Regardless of who ! The next manager definitely needs time ! 

30 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

You could say Rowett is f**king things up at Birmingham currently, they're one of few teams in worse form than us! 

You never know it Might be because he's been linked with a job at a bigger club and he hasn't come out and categorically denied his interest 

If Rowett was appointed, I think the honeymoon period would be a little longer than for any other appointment, this could prove to be important, given how fickle we are. 

Also, I remember when Rowett was our match summariser on radio Derby and I thought at the time that he talked a lot of sense and it would be interesting if he ever got a managers job. His style of play isn't great at blues, but is that down to the players and restrictions he's working under? 

I was told a few months back someone who used to be very connected with the club that Mel really rated Rowett and wanted to give him every chance to make the job his. If things didn't work out then Mel was going to move for Rowett in the summer. Rowett is apparently very amenable to any approach. 

Nothing I've seen since has indicated that that info was not accurate. Of course, situations change, so it might not pan out like that. I would assume that Mel will seek Harry's advice, so maybe a new name will suddenly appear.

Obviously Nigel Pearson would be my choice, but I'd be happy enough with Rowett. As long as he comes in as manager, rather than head coach, he has every chance of being a success.

At the end of the season there are going to be a few more clubs alongside us looking for the right manager to turn their fortunes around. It's a limited pool comprising (at the moment) Pearson, Rodgers, Monk, Arry, Moyes, Mac and several lesser lights. Other candidates likely to join them are Slug, Pubis, O'Neill and Coleman. 

The suitors are mounting up too - us, Villa,  Gumps, possibly Newcastle, Sunderland and Leeds. 

We need to make a move soon otherwise we'll be pipped to the post for the better candidates. 

I do hope Mel and co don't mess up this time. 

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

At the end of the season there are going to be a few more clubs alongside us looking for the right manager to turn their fortunes around. It's a limited pool comprising (at the moment) Pearson, Rodgers, Monk, Arry, Moyes, Mac and several lesser lights. Other candidates likely to join them are Slug, Pubis, O'Neill and Coleman. 

The suitors are mounting up too - us, Villa,  Gumps, possibly Newcastle, Sunderland and Leeds. 

We need to make a move soon otherwise we'll be pipped to the post for the better candidates. 

Probably already a pretty much done deal ! 

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I was told a few months back someone who used to be very connected with the club that Mel really rated Rowett and wanted to give him every chance to make the job his. If things didn't work out then Mel was going to move for Rowett in the summer. Rowett is apparently very amenable to any approach. 

Nothing I've seen since has indicated that that info was not accurate. Of course, situations change, so it might not pan out like that. I would assume that Mel will seek Harry's advice, so maybe a new name will suddenly appear.

Obviously Nigel Pearson would be my choice, but I'd be happy enough with Rowett. As long as he comes in as manager, rather than head coach, he has every chance of being a success.

The only thing I'd dispute in your comments on Rowett, I was told by someone who knows Rowett real close, he was not exactly enamoured by our recruitment policy and posted as much on another thread.

Sure he's a soft spot for Derby but it's idle speculation because I don't think he'd really want us at present.

10 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Who is your man?

15 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

What is the difference between a head coach and a manager in your opinion Cornwall?

46 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

You say that like that should be an easy job. A first job in management in one of the most demanding leagues in the world and he excelled. 

Archived