Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Thanks for the link but not sure that is very reliable. it says we are interested because Harry has recommended him- can't see a guy on a very short term contract being overly convincing to hire someone. Mel will employ who he thinks is best and I think (hope) he has been thinking non-stop of the ideal fit. 

Also It still doesn't say anything about Warburton willing to take the role...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said, I want Warburton....I honestly think the plan was to get Warburton and sign Alan Judge.

Judge has refused to sign a contract with Brentford and he said he would love to work with Warburton again, he said that could be possible in the near future, but said he didn't want to move to Scotland. 

Warburton would get us up....or keep us up.

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Is he not going to feel pressured to stay at rangers?

His family are still down south 

he will probably get next to no money to buy players at rangers 

Derby could be in premiership 

his philosophy of the game fits the Derby way 

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

it says we are interested because Harry has recommended him- can't see a guy on a very short term contract being overly convincing to hire someone. Mel will employ who he thinks is best and I think (hope) he has been thinking non-stop of the ideal fit. 

To be fair, Harry said the reason he's here is to help out because MM asked him to and that they're friends. Even if Harry wasn't employed by the club there's every chance MM would have sought his advice anyway. As a "football advisor" I'd say his opinion would be greatly received by Mel regardless of how long he's here.

33 minutes ago, Kernow said:

To be fair, Harry said the reason he's here is to help out because MM asked him to and that they're friends. Even if Harry wasn't employed by the club there's every chance MM would have sought his advice anyway. As a "football advisor" I'd say his opinion would be greatly received by Mel regardless of how long he's here.

at the request of DW for some assistance

9 hours ago, valleyram said:

Why would he no come ?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/17/brentford-sack-manager-mark-warburton-frank-mcparland

Please see the link because no one is picking up my point. He left Brentford because they implemented the same structure we have at Derby.

Which is a head coach and recruitment team etc rather then having a manager.

Difference being a manager has the greatest control on who comes in and who goes out. A head coach although 'has a say' on transfers is not behind them which is why we signed players in the summer with no manager/head coach. A head coach role is just to coach his players not to wheel and deal.

Also as said by another poster he would be under a lot of pressure to stay at rangers now they have made the long climb back to the top flight. To be honest he might want to stay there because of the club size and what he can achieve there. I would say at the minute there's more stability at rangers then there would be here at Derby.

Go on SSN ask him the question :p

36 minutes ago, Simsy said:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/17/brentford-sack-manager-mark-warburton-frank-mcparland

Please see the link because no one is picking up my point. He left Brentford because they implemented the same structure we have at Derby.

Which is a head coach and recruitment team etc rather then having a manager.

Difference being a manager has the greatest control on who comes in and who goes out. A head coach although 'has a say' on transfers is not behind them which is why we signed players in the summer with no manager/head coach. A head coach role is just to coach his players not to wheel and deal.

Also as said by another poster he would be under a lot of pressure to stay at rangers now they have made the long climb back to the top flight. To be honest he might want to stay there because of the club size and what he can achieve there. I would say at the minute there's more stability at rangers then there would be here at Derby.

Go on SSN ask him the question :p

He was sacked because the chairman's statistics suggested the club was underachieving. Nothing to do with the structure.

17 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

He was sacked because the chairman's statistics suggested the club was underachieving. Nothing to do with the structure.

a structure that sacks their most successful manager mid season for not getting them promoted before season ends......sounds like a structural problem to me !

Warburton chose to leave because the club decided to do everything by statistical analysis and he didn't want to be part of that.    Told them early...and the rest of the world........then saw the season out. Can't see him wanting to leave Rangers without at least a season challenging Celtic .

Archived