Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

15 minutes ago, JW37 said:

We got results under Clement hence ending up top of the league on boxing day. But the style of play was too rigid and negative resulting in unhappy players, fans and most importantly the owner. Mel has openly said performances over results so in terms of Derby at the minute yes passing it 5000 more times than Birmingham is important. Clement was a risk and Rowett is also a risk.

So if we're playing well and we are getting beat consistently and in a relegation battle (hypothetically of course) do you really think Mel wouldn't have an itchy trigger finger... And fans have the paitence for it? 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if we go up with Daz and 'Arry .. What then ? 

Does he destroy Wassels self esteem and bring in an established manager or do we end up with a "director of football" scenario ? 

despite being hugely opinionated on most things I have no flipping idea who would work for us except to say that the only Championship manager whose style is clearly what we would enjoy is Eddie Howe. I just don't think we've seen enough to be sure Rowett could do what we want let alone be a Prem manager .. I like him, he ticks some boxes but is he the manager that has DCFC written in Day glow paint on his forehead. ? .. I would be happy if he was appointed but wouldn't bet too much on him taking us forward to a promised land 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

So if we're playing well and we are getting beat consistently and in a relegation battle (hypothetically of course) do you really think Mel wouldn't have an itchy trigger finger... And fans have the paitence for it? 

We didn't win for the first 5 games this season was it? And he constantly said performances over results and promotion doesn't matter. Obviously a lot has changed recently but I think the performances over results thing still stands, especially next season.

Derby get the £90,000 for tickets from Florest. Apparently paid to us by Football League and then deducted from Florest's cash allocation from Football League according to East Midlands TV allegedly. Next year if we have not left them one or two divisions behind, we should ask for the cash in advance.:ermm:

23 minutes ago, JW37 said:

We didn't win for the first 5 games this season was it? And he constantly said performances over results and promotion doesn't matter. Obviously a lot has changed recently but I think the performances over results thing still stands, especially next season.

Doesn't really answer my (hypothetical) I'm asking do you really think he wouldn't get rid if we were down in a relegation battle despite "performing" well..... He got rid of Clement when we were 5 points off top! And do you think fans would have paitence? I know what you're saying... But at end of it for me... Getting results is what matters... Just wished we hadn't panicked getting rid of Clement with the minor blip we had, which admittedly is results based but thought very rash... 

2 hours ago, jono said:

And if we go up with Daz and 'Arry .. What then ? 

Does he destroy Wassels self esteem and bring in an established manager or do we end up with a "director of football" scenario ? 

despite being hugely opinionated on most things I have no flipping idea who would work for us except to say that the only Championship manager whose style is clearly what we would enjoy is Eddie Howe. I just don't think we've seen enough to be sure Rowett could do what we want let alone be a Prem manager .. I like him, he ticks some boxes but is he the manager that has DCFC written in Day glow paint on his forehead. ? .. I would be happy if he was appointed but wouldn't bet too much on him taking us forward to a promised land 

I think if we go up in some style, Wassall will deserve a chance because when we were in that dreadful run at the end of Clement's reign, I couldn't see where the next win or the next half-decent performance was coming from. At least the rot has been stopped.

I am kind of with you there Eddie.

My own feeling is that if we go up it will be in style because post Clement we either win in style or look dire. I think we have lost the ability to win ugly .. ( secretly I am quite pleased about that ) 

cue dscussion about the Derby way :ph34r:

47 minutes ago, jono said:

I am kind of with you there Eddie.

My own feeling is that if we go up it will be in style because post Clement we either win in style or look dire. I think we have lost the ability to win ugly .. ( secretly I am quite pleased about that ) 

cue dscussion about the Derby way :ph34r:

Up the hill, left at the lights.

8 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

No a chairman who sacks a manager he believes to be underperforming with the players at his disposal. It had nothing to do with wanting to change the structure it was a structure that was working fine in league 1 for both parties and for the first part of the season. 

Whether you agree on the decision or not it had nothing to do with structure it was solely down to statistics and algorithms. The same statistics and algorithms which allowed Brentford to sign some brilliant unknowns on the cheap. 

aware of their"way". But to push manager out for massively over achieving at such a tiny club, and getting them three games away from Prem was amazing. I refer to a structure That took such a decision way before the end of the season. That is madness ..... He had nt failed until they never progressed through the playoffs. And any structure tat calculates they were good enough for automatic promotion is frankly a flawed system. MASSIVELY flawed.

7 hours ago, igorlegend said:

aware of their"way". But to push manager out for massively over achieving at such a tiny club, and getting them three games away from Prem was amazing. I refer to a structure That took such a decision way before the end of the season. That is madness ..... He had nt failed until they never progressed through the playoffs. And any structure tat calculates they were good enough for automatic promotion is frankly a flawed system. MASSIVELY flawed.

But this isn't what you originally said. You said he left because he disagreed with the structure. One similar to ours. When in fact he didn't have a choice in the matter so how could he have left over the structure?

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

But this isn't what you originally said. You said he left because he disagreed with the structure. One similar to ours. When in fact he didn't have a choice in the matter so how could he have left over the structure?

How is it similar? They wanted to do a Moneyball approach with football.

Archived