Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time last year I would have been reasonably relaxed at the thought of Rowett coming in over Clement. At least he has experience of the Championship, but now I’d be genuinely underwhelmed if we stay down and get Rowett.

I thought Mel had said he understood the requirement to get a manager who knew how to get out of this league, and realised going for a manager with “promise” was too big a gamble? So why would we go for Rowett? He couldn’t even get a team through the play-offs of the lower leagues and at Birmingham his crowning glory has been to turn a struggling team into an average one.

If by some miracle we get promoted –Rowett’s name shouldn’t be anywhere near the shortlist

Wasn't Pulis odds on following NC's sacking? The odds have fluctuated a lot. If we go up we have a brand new group of managers who would love to come here. It's impossible to accurately speculate who will be our manager next season until we know the league we'll be competing.

Might be slightly wrong in this but Birmingham have had the least amount of passes and possession out of any team in the championship and I believe his Burton played in a similar style (not exactly the Derby way). He also doesn't know what to do with a big budget so signings who knows, Toral has looks like a good signing but I think it was only a loan deal? and as seen this season Mel isn't keen on loanees. I think the players we've got don't suit his rigid 4-2-3-1 with solid back line with defensive fullbacks, two proper ball-winners in the middle, two hard working wingers, a luxury flair number 10 and a hard working target man. We just haven't got that. The fans would get very impatient as they always do due to the style of play and the players wouldn't fit square pegs and all that. Basically I think he's a rough round the edges Clement with a win at all costs mentality putting results over performances. Not what Derby are looking for.   

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

Why does no one want Sherwood?

indifferent. Failed where there was no chance of success. Hasn't done anything of note. I wouldn't take him over other options, but I wouldn't be angry at the appointment. 

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Why does no one want Sherwood?

Err.....................

I also don't want Rowett , isn't he also fond of Clean Sheets first and scoring is a bonus (AKA NC ) ? , I thought I read on here that Gary Monk was a done deal 

34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

While that is true, it's VERY unusual for something like this to go to 1/1

It's been like that for four days.

Just now, eddie said:

It's been like that for four days.

I aint one to constantly check odds, besides it being like that for four days doesn't change my point. Still unusual.

To be fair to Rowett he hasn't actually managed a good side. And by that I mean one that is expected to be towards the top of their division, he's just turned them into one.

Burton - he picked up from Pesch where Burton struggled and were 17th in League Two. He then took Burton to the play-offs twice and left for Birmingham with them top of the table. Many, including myself were confused when he took the Birmingham job. I was certain they would go down.

Birmingham - he joined them 23rd in the table after 14 games. The following season they escaped relegation due to the referee continuing play until they managed to equalise. By the end of the season they were tenth. He's had no money, and he's had to build his team on loanees and freebies. There's no guarantee he would succeed at a team with money and expectation, but nobody can criticise his managerial record so far.

12 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Rowetts win % in comparison to Pearson. Remembering he has managed two teams with no money. Id prefer someone with more experience but we could do worse.

Rowett: 43.60

Pearson: 43.21

Darren Wassall this time 54.55%

Darren Wassall overall 50.00%

I see your losers and raise you one winner - this after turning round a team that hadn't won in 8 games. :p

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I aint one to constantly check odds, besides it being like that for four days doesn't change my point. Still unusual.

You don't have to. Go to Oddschecker, get up the page for a market, click on the rider/player/manager and you get the full betting history.

Re 'still unusual' - is it buggery. It just means that someone's popped a sly £25 on it. If there had been a genuine #ITK, people would have lumped on, and the book would be closed.

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

His tenures at Villa and Spuds not enough evidence for you?

Thought he did extremely well at Spurs. I haven't got the stats but I remember when he got sacked there SSN showed he had one of the highest win percentages out all the other spurs managers? If someone wants to check this and post then go for it.

He is an extremely passionate, straight talking manager. Ok at Villa it didn't end up working well for him but they were a sinking ship which no body could do anything with. Remi Garde had a high reputation and did even worse when proceeding Sherwood.

Just now, eddie said:

You don't have to. Go to Oddschecker, get up the page for a market, click on the rider/player/manager and you get the full betting history.

But why would I want to do that? 

Archived