Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

Not sure if this has been noted elsewhere; but now evens to be Derby manager next season.  The next in line is Brendan Rodgers at a quite lengthy 5/2.  

Judging by Mel's desire to see his pet Wassall float us along until the seasons end, I would say Rowett - another old boy for the fan boy - is a likely option to be in charge at the start of next season.   

What to make of that, I'm not sure!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Not sure if this has been noted elsewhere; but now evens to be Derby manager next season.  The next in line is Brendan Rodgers at a quite lengthy 5/2.  

Judging by Mel's desire to see his pet Wassall float us along until the seasons end, I would say Rowett - another old boy for the fan boy - is a likely option to be in charge at the start of next season.   

What to make of that, I'm not sure!

Why don't you start a one-idiot campaign to get Mel Morris out of the club along with Darren Wassall?

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Rowett seems like a nice bloke, but what has he actually achieved?

track record of getting results with a tiny/limited budget, playing in small half empty stadiums' with low fan expectations .......

ah, maybe not what we need!! But probably what we will get in the good ship waffle continues to run aground

Gets my backing ! Knows the league , knows the club ! Massively over achieving at a below average championship team ! Get him in and try and build his own squad , get rid of the bad eggs and get our obviously talented under achieving squad performing . 

I've thought it might be Rowett for a while now. Ticks most of the boxes vis a vis "The Derby Way", lives local, understands the club and it's fans and has a decent track record but is someone who could grow with the club, not see us as a stepping stone.

13 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

He's done well at Burton and Birmingham and now has experience in managing in this league which is what we need, my first choice would have been Pearson but Rowett is a sound appointment should it happen. 

Agree with a lot of that, and Rowett would be a good appointment.

even more importantly I like to think he would adjust our playing style and personnel into just a slightly more work man like team who can do the dirty side of the game. Because 3 years later, shows... It is needed.

get the basics right first, then think about expanded attacking football.

if you can't do the basics... It lends itself to not playing like a team, confidence drops.. And even the things you used to do well turn to **** aswell, as the current shower are proving.

get the basics right and you might just find a Brighton or Burnley underneath the service

22 minutes ago, philmycock said:

218 games as a manager with a 44% win rate achieved on limited budgets.

Compared to some of our recent managers, he's a veritable doyen of the managerial business.

4 minutes ago, SantosHalper said:

When Clement was sacked, I was pleased to see that Gary Monk's odds were very short, and now I'm disappointed to see he's drifted to 20-1.

If I had my choice, I'd go for him. 

Why ? What's he done ? Had 1 good season at Swansea with decent team already in place ! Then f**ked it up this season ! Seems a nice bloke but not for us !

12 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why ? What's he done ? Had 1 good season at Swansea with decent team already in place ! Then f**ked it up this season ! Seems a nice bloke but not for us !

I don't think you can write Monk off like that but then back Rowett to the hilt like you did in your previous post. Neither have had a fair crack at management with a sole club yet, their achievements are pretty similar too. You could say Rowett is f**king things up at Birmingham currently, they're one of few teams in worse form than us! 

For the record I'm not particularly fussed with either. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

You could say Rowett is f**king things up at Birmingham currently, they're one of few teams in worse form than us! 

Probably explains why he's already got his holiday plans made when the play offs are on, although I'm sure he would cancel should the blues get there a very rare I.t.k for me.

Originally i had my heart set on rodgers. Dont know why just really wanted him here. Might be because he was the biggest name linked with us and i liked his style at swansea but at times i thought he could have done better with Liverpool and was a bit of a clown. He also wasted money with liverpool. 292 million and the only real hits were coutinho & sturridge the rest was on the likes of mingo, joe allen & balotelli. He had more bad signings than good and would he waste mels money at this level and make the side more disjointed? 

The more Rowett gets mentioned the more i think he would be a good appointment. Think he's the sort of bloke that could steady the ship. He wouldn't come with massive hype like rodgers. He's never done a 'great' job anywhere but he's never done a bad job. He's done a good job with Birmingham. Has done well to get them going and over acheved. He has enough experiance at this level to have learnt his trade but not so much where he has ever 'failed' at a job like moyes etc. He's young, hungry & rejected a blackpool job because it wasnt the right job. He comes across as measured and his decisions well thought out. I think he could be surprisingly a very good appointment for us and take us forward. Steady the ship, get the best out of what we have.

The more i think about getting Rowett the more it seems like the right decision. He seems like a bloke that would do whats best for the club rather than whats best for him. Id imagine he'd try to develop a swuad and build something rather than demand transfer money and throw a bunch of overly expensive misfits together

8 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't think you can write Monk off like that but then back Rowett to the hilt like you did in your previous post. Neither have had a fair crack at management with a sole club yet, their achievements are pretty similar too. You could say Rowett is f**king things up at Birmingham currently, they're one of few teams in worse form than us! 

For the record I'm not particularly fussed with either. 

Not had a fair crack ? Monk got his 1st job in management at a premier league club , with a good squad left in a good place from micheal Laudrup!  Rowett on the other hand as worked his way up too were he is now .

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Originally i had my heart set on rodgers. Dont know why just really wanted him here. Might be because he was the biggest name linked with us and i liked his style at swansea but at times i thought he could have done better with Liverpool and was a bit of a clown. He also wasted money with liverpool. 292 million and the only real hits were coutinho & sturridge the rest was on the likes of mingo, joe allen & balotelli. He had more bad signings than good and would he waste mels money at this level and make the side more disjointed? 

The more Rowett gets mentioned the more i think he would be a good appointment. Think he's the sort of bloke that could steady the ship. He wouldn't come with massive hype like rodgers. He's never done a 'great' job anywhere but he's never done a bad job. He's done a good job with Birmingham. Has done well to get them going and over acheved. He has enough experiance at this level to have learnt his trade but not so much where he has ever 'failed' at a job like moyes etc. He's young, hungry & rejected a blackpool job because it wasnt the right job. He comes across as measured and his decisions well thought out. I think he could be surprisingly a very good appointment for us and take us forward. Steady the ship, get the best out of what we have.

The more i think about getting Rowett the more it seems like the right decision. He seems like a bloke that would do whats best for the club rather than whats best for him. Id imagine he'd try to develop a swuad and build something rather than demand transfer money and throw a bunch of overly expensive misfits together

Would you be prepared to accept the abuse Mel gets if he came and bombed?

Rowett hasn't done a good job at brum, he's done an excellent job! From scraping survival under Clarke brum have become outsiders for the playoffs which is remarkable given there budget and financial position! Rowett deserves all the credit for brums upturn and I'd love him here. 

I think he fits in with mel's vision for the club as well. He will definately grow with the team given his slight inexperience, and he will get 100% commitment from our players. 

He also has an eye for a player. I personally think John toral is the best number 10 in the league! 

Archived