Get this idiot out now

Palimpsest

Just now, Owd miner said:

What I wanna know is in all this mess where is Sam Rush and John Vicars?... They are just like Maggie and McGregor 

Vicars has been silent for along time but direct football matters like this are not his remit....has for Sam both Radio Derby and the Telegraph asked to speak to both Sam and Mel last week and the request was declined by the club...it is on either OB's or Steve Nic's twitter feed

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Your mum and dad haven't got the track record our defence has when the pressure is on. Taking protection away from them at any time with any lead is suicide (as proven today).

I don't know what my parents' record is regarding taking protection and frankly it seems wrong to ask them.

14 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

This is mi fost post so please be gentle but if ya want to do sum at then don't go t' matches and boycott it. Be like us in 84/85 . 

In 84/85 do you mean having running battles with the local constabularies and flying pickets intimidating workers 

2 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Cant say but it dunt half mek mi cry when I'm ont'shovel and I think o ' red dogs laughing at us... It's a sad demise of a great club and a once proud industry ...???????????

yep.. its a red dog on the troll... 

While we are still in the top six, Mel will probably be sitting in his treehouse, sipping his gin and tonic and thinking to himself:

"3-0 up after 80 minutes to eventually draw 3-3...now that's what I call the Derby way! Good show, chaps!"

Ten points and three wins from seven league games under Wassall compared to four points and no wins from our last seven league games under Clement. 10 goals scored and 9 conceded under Wassall compared to 5 scored and 13 conceded under Clement. Apparently, it was the best football we've played all season on show for 80 minutes today under Wassall. 

That's progress, right? Mel might actually put down the gin and tonic and give himself a pat on the back. :lol:

Mel won't act now as it would only serve to put him in the crosshairs for more criticism. He is already looking ahead and planning for next season, in the hope that the next appointment can right all of the wrongs.

Wassall is just keeping the seat warm by sitting on his "safe" pair of hands. What happens between now and May is pretty much inconsequential unless Wassall miraculously guides us to promotion.

That said, should we slip out of the play-off positions or get thrashed by Forest or both, Mel might very well sit up and take notice that Wassall's hands are anything but safe.

3-0 up with 15 minutes to go and he takes off a defensive midfielder for a striker, when he could have made the more obvious, more logical like-for-like replacement in Hanson. Enter Leon Best. 3-3 at full-time. A pair of safe hands, you say Mel? :lol:

Not sure where to post stuff anymore, there are that many threads on similar subjects.

but right now, we need a bit of moderation. The focus must be on preparing for Forest.

its important that we don't implode. 

i think we were a bit unlucky today. Two of their goals could have been disallowed for fouls - that said, dw made a bit of a rod for his own back with the changes.

may be the desire to go 442 with the subs is a consequence of the silly squad, the number of strikers we have, and dw's desire to keep everyone happy instead of focussing on the task at hand.

but we've had games like that before with nigel, schteve, and PC. 

As for the interview, its irrelevant really. Would we rather that the manager refused to be interviewed afterwards, as nigel sometimes did?

Move on.

56 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Why cant we defend tho.. an England international goalie.. three international defenders and Shackell... should all be able to stop three goals going in in 8 minutes.

Exactly. 1 goes in and you think, right shut up shop and keep it steady. Goal 2 goes in and that's the signal for seriously keep it tight. Mum and Dad keep their shape with the rest of the team doing the necessary holding. Goal 3 goes in and I want double pocket money for a month from mum and dad. 

And this is bottom 3 Rotherham.

btw - mum and dad are available v forest and are great at corners judging by the state of their lawn. 

So we are not allowed to consider all of PC's 30 matches in charge,where he took a demoralised side who had suffered a meltdown the previous season,lost 2 of his best players before half-time in the 1st game of the season,and take us to top.Then gets sacked for his trouble.What is happening now is hardly surprising.

3 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

So we are not allowed to consider all of PC's 30 matches in charge,where he took a demoralised side who had suffered a meltdown the previous season,lost 2 of his best players before half-time in the 1st game of the season,and take us to top.Then gets sacked for his trouble.What is happening now is hardly surprising.

took us top with many many poor and boring performances, no improvement. No surprise that eventually results reflected the poor performances.

Archived