Get this idiot out now

Palimpsest

For once I'm not going to read all 28 pages in this thread as I already know what's in there.  90% vitriol against a manager who's taken over a squad with fragile confidence, and has had to pick them off the floor.  90% vitriol from grown men and adolescents with an innate sense of entitlement.

A lot of you need to get over yourselves, and man up.

Wassall's been guilty of being too positive (fantastic attitude from the boys when obviously he should have called players feckless fools); too negative (should have brought Hanson or Buxton on at 75 mins and  3-0 up, to see out a game);  too inexperienced (and his vastly experienced predecessor should still be in the job); a reddog (despite having done a stellar job with our academy over many years and even brought his own kids here); and even being too tanned (something, something Phil Brown something ha ha ha)

If he 'flukes' promotion (or not) and gets the sack and then effs off up the road taking the jewels from the academy with him (Zanzala, Stabana etc) then I hope you'll have the humility to lay the blame at Mel's door (or anyone has broken bread with him).

Shame on you.

And while I'm at it the moderators (who on the whole do a fantastic job on the forum) might want to reflect on whether personal insults against Wassall in the OP (use of the word idiot) are acceptable.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came home and found out that we f**ked up 3-0 lead in the end. Can't be arsed to read all of this thread but i don't care who is the manager or is there such and what kind of subs have been made but if all the players on the field have the right attitude you just don't throw away three goal lead in ten minutes even if your goalie gets red card and you have to put Mel Morris in goal.

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

took us top with many many poor and boring performances, no improvement. No surprise that eventually results reflected the poor performances.

Complete ******** imo, what you may see as boring and poor, I see as efficient effective football.  You cried for a plan B and then when you got a manager that put out a team based upon a defensive but not exciting brand of football you moan than the performance were poor.

The performances were not poor, they were not what you wanted, there is a difference, in Jan we dipped in our levels, as have every team in the league, and we didn't get the winning football and suddenly we were "poor"

During his reign, he still only lost 5 games, and despite extra pressure to meet additional KPIs, had taken us to top of the league in his first season, and still after his bad patch within several points of the top of the league.  His football was far from poor, boring ? Maybe to some, defensive? Yes, especially compared to the last six months of mclarens reign? Enough to win promotion? We will never know because apparently the brand of football was not the Derby way....well give me that way over anything we have seen since....

9 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

And while I'm at it the moderators (who on the whole do a fantastic job on the forum) might want to reflect on whether personal insults against Wassall in the OP (use of the word idiot) are acceptable.

We are aware of it and sympathise but emotions are obviously running high and people want to vent. It's not the first time we've been in this position and it won't be the last. 

16 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

For once I'm not going to read all 28 pages in this thread as I already know what's in there.  90% vitriol against a manager who's taken over a squad with fragile confidence, and has had to pick them off the floor.  90% vitriol from grown men and adolescents with an innate sense of entitlement.

A lot of you need to get over yourselves, and man up.

Wassall's been guilty of being too positive (fantastic attitude from the boys when obviously he should have called players feckless fools); too negative (should have brought Hanson or Buxton on at 75 mins and  3-0 up, to see out a game);  too inexperienced (and his vastly experienced predecessor should still be in the job); a reddog (despite having done a stellar job with our academy over many years and even brought his own kids here); and even being too tanned (something, something Phil Brown something ha ha ha)

If he 'flukes' promotion (or not) and gets the sack and then effs off up the road taking the jewels from the academy with him (Zanzala, Stabana etc) then I hope you'll have the humility to lay the blame at Mel's door (or anyone has broken bread with him).

Shame on you.

You know many would probably argue that this is the most boring and predictable post in the entire thread.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

We are aware of it and sympathise but emotions are obviously running high and people want to vent. It's not the first time we've been in this position and it won't be the last. 

Fair enough, as I said the mods on here are very good.  I just don't get trolling your own team.  Funny how none of them remember the vitriol for Mel venting his spleen after a draw against Reading, but can use emotion to excuse their comments toward the team after a draw with Rotherham.

I must admit that words like"idiot" and others are offensive and unacceptable. I have criticised the owner as much as anyone but stop well short of personal insults. I think strong feelings are one thing,but that's no excuse for going over the top.The mods imo should at the minimum ask for restraint.

1 hour ago, Owd miner said:

Cant say but it dunt half mek mi cry when I'm ont'shovel and I think o ' red dogs laughing at us... It's a sad demise of a great club and a once proud industry ...???????????

I don't know if you are for real,or taking the piss but at least you are funny.Go on I'll risk it,welcome to the forum.I notice they are going for the steelworkers now and the doctors.

17 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Complete ******** imo, what you may see as boring and poor, I see as efficient effective football.  You cried for a plan B and then when you got a manager that put out a team based upon a defensive but not exciting brand of football you moan than the performance were poor.

The performances were not poor, they were not what you wanted, there is a difference, in Jan we dipped in our levels, as have every team in the league, and we didn't get the winning football and suddenly we were "poor"

During his reign, he still only lost 5 games, and despite extra pressure to meet additional KPIs, had taken us to top of the league in his first season, and still after his bad patch within several points of the top of the league.  His football was far from poor, boring ? Maybe to some, defensive? Yes, especially compared to the last six months of mclarens reign? Enough to win promotion? We will never know because apparently the brand of football was not the Derby way....well give me that way over anything we have seen since....

Agree completely, Halfway through this season I had more confidence it would be promotion than at any point under Mcclaren, because we had balance, and we had a solid defence. At one point we had the 2nd best defence in 4 divisions. Oh how times have changed.

Ok Mel, so our attacking intent suffered, but now you have got what you wished for, the derby way.

70% possesion.... and clueless on those few minutes we face in 90s when we dont have the ball.

The team has to wisen up to defending, Christie and Olsson dont do enough to stop crosses and both are pretty poor at defending the aerial ball to the backpost. Oh how I long for John Eustace, Warnock and Chris Baird. We are literally reliving last year now with 3 goals conceded to poor poor teams. How many will it be in our next away game I wonder. 

Just woken up having had the most vivid, crazy dream.  We were 3-0 up to Rotherham, really taking the p1ss in every department and Waffall threw it all away by taking off the two players who allowed us to control the game and put on the headless chickens Bent & Blackman.  How mad is that?!?!!???!??

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Just woken up having had the most vivid, crazy dream.  We were 3-0 up to Rotherham, really taking the p1ss in every department and Waffall threw it all away by taking off the two players who allowed us to control the game and put on the headless chickens Bent & Blackman.  How mad is that?!?!!???!??

think you ate too much cheese before bed.

11 hours ago, rammieib said:

Back on topic, Brysons interview was superb afterwards, DW you should listen to it and go on some media training lessons.

Listening to Bryson was enough to give me belief they will bust a gut against Forest. As for Wassalls media training you would think with Gibbo crossing over as internal spinmeister, he would have a word in his ear.

Morning dudes, I've been ta bed and and time to reflect about Derby. that needs to forget abaut yesterday, we got the red dogs coming and wi need ta tek piss out of em on't pitch.  I really hope Sam Rush int gonna gi the Arab bloke Faraz some snap when he comes Ipro. We should not gi any of their officials owt. Remember Faraz when he were sat in TBI wi a flag saying he hated Derby ?... Mans a t...

left ta mi I ban all their fans from coming.... Get em picking litter up or summat. 

As for all Mel Morris , if ya reading this Mel I'm free ta gi advice as mi pits shut and I need a it of work.

6 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Listening to Bryson was enough to give me belief they will bust a gut against Forest. As for Wassalls media training you would think with Gibbo crossing over as internal spinmeister, he would have a word in his ear.

Gibson is clueless . His soft soapy questions are cringeworthy, as are his attempts to spin positives at every opportunity. he doesn't seem to either care or realise that he is so obsequious that its counter productive.

i'd rather have a coach making honest errors in interviews than regurgitating the sickly puke fed to him by that tool.

Archived