Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If you are that sure you would do better and Mel has done such a terrible job, why dont you have a ferret round your underwear drawer to see if you can come up with funds to buy him out then prove to us what a good job you can do?

That's the problem right there. 

Mels philosophy is flawed. 

Saying after Clements sacking he wouldn't have picked that team at Fulham.

He wants  his manager I repeat his manager to work his way the Derby Way and promote the Academy Players 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Maybe it's me but I'm still getting peed off that some people just cant grasp that according to Mel, promotion is a priority, it's just not THE priority this season. It seems such a little thing but the simple misunderstanding also seems to be the basis of a lot of people's problem with Mel.

Is it rocket science?

It's not really even a misunderstanding. The peole saying it are either stupid or just twisting the words to fit their agenda.

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

What i dont like is that on the previous comment people are branded half fans etc if they disagree with you & many others on the forum

Yeah supporting Derby all them years winning trophies were all glory hunters its easy to see why we'd attract so many half fans especially on a global scale the chinese an USA markets especially all the half fans commenting

by saying its his own play think i expect the respone 'well its his money' is it? Was derby county not here long before mr morris and will be a long time after? All he has done is contradicted himself 

"we've got high hopes for paul so we'll support him"

"we wont get rid of paul if theres poor performance, this season we wont be getting rid of paul clement period"

Fast forward a couple of months and he's sacked based on performances. During the clement blip if he'd have got a few ugly results and we were sitting better would he have been sacked? 

Didnt even give the man chance to learn by his mistakes. The club appeared to be running just fine before him with rush. 

This seasons been a farce, dressing room bust ups, sacking a manager, appointing the youth director until the end of the season... Publicly making us a laughing stock again 'the derby way' and telling the fans promotion isnt the aim... When you are top of the league on boxing day & been there abouts the past two seasons promotion should most certainly be the aim. Hows that even motivating to the players its alright lads dont win just toss about in the middle of the park passing it sideways 

In my opinion He's selling the fans short but its ok because he is a 'local' business man... If anything it makes him worse heart rulling head and all that. But because i think this seasons a bit of a joke and he has pretty much 'written it off' im a half fan. 

What i dont like is that on the previous comment people are branded half fans etc if they disagree with you & many others on the forum

by saying its his own play think i expect the respone 'well its his money' is it? Was derby county not here long before mr morris and will be a long time after? All he has done is contradicted himself 

"we've got high hopes for paul so we'll support him"

"we wont get rid of paul if theres poor performance, this season we wont be getting rid of paul clement period"

Fast forward a couple of months and he's sacked based on performances. During the clement blip if he'd have got a few ugly results and we were sitting better would he have been sacked? 

Didnt even give the man chance to learn by his mistakes. The club appeared to be running just fine before him with rush. 

This seasons been a farce, dressing room bust ups, sacking a manager, appointing the youth director until the end of the season... Publicly making us a laughing stock again 'the derby way' and telling the fans promotion isnt the aim... When you are top of the league on boxing day & been there abouts the past two seasons promotion should most certainly be the aim. Hows that even motivating to the players its alright lads dont win just toss about in the middle of the park passing it sideways 

In my opinion He's selling the fans short but its ok because he is a 'local' business man... If anything it makes him worse heart rulling head and all that. But because i think this seasons a bit of a joke and he has pretty much 'written it off' im a half fan. 

I haven't branded anybody a half fan, I don't see anyone as more or less of a fan.

I do think anyone threatening to jump ship now when we are sat 5th in the table are not proper fans.

I'm afraid that post after post you are mis-quoting or twisting what MM has said.

And as Ive said in othe threads, the only think I see making us a laughing stock right now are our supporters.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you wanted £9m Gray and didn't want MM spending loads of money on players? Which one is it?

Interesting you make this point after spending the last few weeks going on about how good Johnson is.

Another interesting fact is that you spent per season comparing us to Barcelona or Real Madrid, the next 3 months telling everyone how sh1te we were and now you didn't want Clement sacked.

Bi-polar is the only explanation I can come up with I'm afraid.

I wanted Andre Gray FACT. 

You argued like mad with me about it as did Mostyn. .

i never even knew anything about Bradley until deadline day. 

You talk absolute ****  

10 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Why?. That's clearly what he's said on a few occasions. Why does he need to clarify anything again & again?.

He has sent out mixed messages IMO. 

Spend then don't spend .

The Derby Way 

What is the Derby Way does it work. 

How many Academy players are any good. 

All clubs have academies that produce players. 

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you wanted £9m Gray and didn't want MM spending loads of money on players? Which one is it?

Interesting you make this point after spending the last few weeks going on about how good Johnson is.

Another interesting fact is that you spent per season comparing us to Barcelona or Real Madrid, the next 3 months telling everyone how sh1te we were and now you didn't want Clement sacked.

Bi-polar is the only explanation I can come up with I'm afraid.

It's just Curtains being Curtains.  When the majority think one way, he'll think the opposite, because it makes him feel unique and a rebel...  And also wrong a lot of the time...

Anyway, back to the subject in hand.  Should Waffall get the sack?  Absolutely.  Will he get the sack?  No.  Is our season a complete joke due to Mr Morris' poor decisions?  Absolutely.  Do I think Mr Morris is capable of rectifying these mistakes?  I f00kin well hope so...

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

You talk absolute ****  

I have never argued anything about Andre Gray.

Try answering questions levelled at you, it makes for better debate rather than just posting random 'facts'.

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's the problem right there. 

Mels philosophy is flawed. 

Saying after Clements sacking he wouldn't have picked that team at Fulham.

He want his manager I repeat his manager to work his way the Derby Way and promote the Academy Players 

I think he should just appoint himself as manager.

mel morris as manager / chairman 

and a few coaches under his dictatorship that do what he wants the melvyn morris and derby county way 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I haven't branded anybody a half fan, I don't see anyone as more or less of a fan.

I do think anyone threatening to jump ship now when we are sat 5th in the table are not proper fans.

I'm afraid that post after post you are mis-quoting or twisting what MM has said.

And as Ive said in othe threads, the only think I see making us a laughing stock right now are our supporters.

Don't be stupid it's not the Supporters what are you on about. 

DCFC need to sort themselves out .

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Mel has made one mistake as far as I'm concerned

Three for me;

1 - Appointing Clement. It's clear now, in hindsight that Clement was never the man for us. Other than outright lying then I'm not sure how he ever made it through the interview process

2 - Pouring £££ behind someone that hadn't proven themselves and who we know that there was a huge question mark against

3 - Not having someone lined up when we ditched Clement. It's an old chestnut now but it's effectively ended our season IMO. Yes we're fifth but the autos are gone and we don't stand a chance in the playoffs IMO. If we hang on to the playoffs.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Spend then don't spend .

The Derby Way 

what is the Derby Way does it work. 

The Derby Way (a term presumably dreamed up in a Friday afternoon marketing meeting - and that I hate, by the way) has been explained already. It's clearly a version of "the Southampton way" and it appears to have worked pretty well for them. No idea if it will for us but it has no chance without the right manager/coach in charge.

What do you mean by "don't spend"?. If you mean the lack of new manager, isn't it more likely that the man we want isn't available until the summer?. There's no other evidence of not spending.

I think he should just appoint himself as manager.

mel morris as manager / chairman 

and a few coaches under his dictatorship that do what he wants the melvyn morris and derby county way 

It's flawed IMO .

i don't like it. 

sorry about that. 

1 hour ago, WoollyJumper said:

Please don't take this a me having a go at you Jayram. What I find interesting is the number of people that call this OUR club. Derby is the club we support, not own. Last time I checked, Mel was the owner, and as a result has the right to run the club which ever way he sees fit. We don't have to like it, and can vote with our feet.

WollyJumper -  I disagree, Mel Morris might have his name on the paper work, but its the fans that own the club, without them there is no club............

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Spend then don't spend .

The Derby Way 

What is the Derby Way does it work. 

How many Academy players are any good. 

All clubs have academies that produce players. 

Just trying to work out where the mixed messages are hidden in there.

You do realise you can't spend outside the transfer window don't you?

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

You talk absolute ****  

Curtains! Pull yourself together man! (I've been wanting to say that for ages :lol:

Anyway, yes, you wanted Gray, I am not disputing you wanted him. Would he have done any better than Martin this season in the Derby side? I doubt it very much. I wanted Joey Barton. He's bagging MOM awards up in Burnley too. Doesn't make Mel right or wrong. You are acting as if Clement asked for Gray and wasn't allowed to sign him. Chances are Clement probably never heard of Gray, and yes, that is perhaps where Morris made a mistake, but then again, that is what the recruitment team is for. Maybe Evans went to Clement and advised signing Gray, Clement refused and they argued and then Evans left... maybe... who knows.

BUT you did want to throw money around on deadline day. I wanted Clement to use his coaching skills to get the better out of the existing team. You was delighted when Johnson and Butterfield arrived and suggested we would win the league, so you were as wrong as Mel.

2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Three for me;

1 - Appointing Clement. It's clear now, in hindsight that Clement was never the man for us. Other than outright lying then I'm not sure how he ever made it through the interview process

2 - Pouring £££ behind someone that hadn't proven themselves and who we know that there was a huge question mark against

3 - Not having someone lined up when we ditched Clement. It's an old chestnut now but it's effectively ended our season IMO. Yes we're fifth but the autos are gone and we don't stand a chance in the playoffs IMO. If we hang on to the playoffs.

The most sense spoken for me above.....Mistakes happen, if the PC gamble had paid off then we would all be calling it a master stroke...it wasn't so we moved on. Unfortunately things on the pitch  haven't improved, but they are different. I just cant help thinking that until PC gets a job we have to still pay him so appointing another manager as well would be a finacial step too far.

everyone loved Johnson for the first few months, now they hate him

everyone loved MM until the new year.....not they want him to get lost

everyone hated Keogh last season.....now he is beckenbaur

everyone loved Hanson v Huddersfield.....now he is out his depth

basically lots of angry rants that change quicker than DCFC midfield line-up. Its not so long ago we had the 3 amigos and Paul Thirwell....we just have to be a little more patient i guess

Archived