Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Curtains! Pull yourself together man! (I've been wanting to say that for ages :lol:

Anyway, yes, you wanted Gray, I am not disputing you wanted him. Would he have done any better than Martin this season in the Derby side? I doubt it very much. I wanted Joey Barton. He's bagging MOM awards up in Burnley too. Doesn't make Mel right or wrong. You are acting as if Clement asked for Gray and wasn't allowed to sign him. Chances are Clement probably never heard of Gray, and yes, that is perhaps where Morris made a mistake, but then again, that is what the recruitment team is for. Maybe Evans went to Clement and advised signing Gray, Clement refused and they argued and then Evans left... maybe... who knows.

BUT you did want to throw money around on deadline day. I wanted Clement to use his coaching skills to get the better out of the existing team. You was delighted when Johnson and Butterfield arrived and suggested we would win the league, so you were as wrong as Mel.

I argued that I wanted Barton and got loads of stick on here. 

DCFC need to sort this mess out not me  .

Bye for now  

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

For all those saying what a great job DW has done with the academy...

Will Hughes. 

Name another. Given the investment in the academy, I fail to see any evidence of this 'great job'. 

ayrton or ethan wassall? :D:D

I wanted to sign Andre Gray too FACT

I would not have paid 9 mil for him FACT

i would have been annoyed if we had spent 9 million FACT 

Andre Gray has been a revelation this season FACT

9 million was money well spent FACT

Hindsight is a wonderful thing FACT

I have never rated Bradley Johnson and was more excited by the price tag FACT

I have the upmost confidence that Mel Morris knows what he is doing and will make the right decisions in the summer. He will appoint a good manager, will decide that quality over quantity will be the remit in the transfer window and next season will be a success FACT (I hope)

12 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

For all those saying what a great job DW has done with the academy...

Will Hughes. 

Name another. Given the investment in the academy, I fail to see any evidence of this 'great job'. 

up until this season, there wasn't investment in the academy. It's a bit wrong in real terms to expect instant return, the upgrades haven't even been finished yet! lol

Well and truly fed up and bored of Derby now. The buzz before home games is gone, there is a distinct lack of ambition and we still haven't (in March) got a settled and happy team. Still.

I do not blame Clement/Wassall. Their title is 'first team coach', therefore it must be Rush, Morris and the scouting system responsible for all of the signings. Camara being this season's Albentosa, i.e. not effin used.

We should never be having 'first team coach'. It should be manager. End of. Then we might at least see some bold decisions rather than, what appears to be, pandering to the fans and what they want/say on these forums. After all we're no experts, it's just our opinion.

For example. Shackell. That signing started with a fan saying 'I'd love to have Shackell back', which gained momentum, was noted by the club so they brought him. Good player, but was there not better options for less money available? a defender who could defend and move the ball quickly maybe.

Having said that it's horrible listening/watching to Wassall try to win the fans over. Nobody is buying it. He's just our John Carver. 

Do we need yet more instability???

im in the camp if I don't think he's good enough and cut out to be a first team coach/manager. But started to think is it best we just keep him in the job to stabilise until the summer. 

His record is not great but, seems a win one lose one form

but on a positive that should get you in the playoffs

then two games - win one lose one. that could take you to Wembley if the score lines are favourable

Then it's win one 

yeahhhh promotion

but I'd still replace him even if we got promoted.

there you go abit of mid week positivity 

Yes because he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

Team selection was weird: Butterfield, Bryson and Hanson in a midfield trio is too small. Should have played Hendrick instead of Butterfield.

His post-game comments are strange and reminiscent of a man used to giving praise alongside criticism, a tactic which works with young players - not seasoned pro's.

My big issue is the one of Thorne. Good form or not, he's probably in our top two players in terms of overall ability. You will not improve someones match fitness by leaving him on his settee liking fit women's twitter posts. He should start every game for me, he's that good.

Being a good academy coach is not a prerequisite of being a good manager.

Stumbling into the playoffs is not what the fans want to see.

We need a seasoned manager who has got the record of getting a team out of this division.

We need a manger that will make us a team that teams fear, not a team that folds in big games.

This isnt time for Mel to be giving Wassall some work experience, it was the time for a manager tried, tested and upto the job.

We have failed miserably, no matter how you dress it up it has been a shambles!

58 minutes ago, toddy said:

WollyJumper -  I disagree, Mel Morris might have his name on the paper work, but its the fans that own the club, without them there is no club............

Having not grown up in the UK, I must be missing something then.

When I play my membership to follow a particular team, I know that my membership fees go towards the financial running of that club, and in some cases the running of the league. That membership entitles me to a certain level of participation of supporting my team. I have no say in how that team is run, apart from voicing my opinion.

I think with the advent of such large television rights payments, the reliance on the fans that go to matches is becoming less relevant from the point of the financial security of most teams. I appreciate that the fans at the games are important from the point of providing an atmosphere, but they have limited impact for the success of most clubs.

Given that Mel Morris has paid the largest "membership" it has certain entitlements that go with it.

Again not having lived in the UK, I don't understand how important a football club is to that community, and my comments are based on how I see things from where I am.

We are currently winning one then losing one under Wassall. If this continues we will get another 15 points. This year that will probably be enough for 6th.This is better than Clement's last few games. 

So Wassall isn't going to get sacked today on form. 

Though we aren't playing massively well, we are trying to be more positive.

So Wassall isn't going to get sacked today for that.

Whilst MM may well be researching potential managers, he isn't going to do a deal with a replacement until promotion isn't technically possible, unless one of 3 extreme circumstances occur.

a) We get a couple of 'gubbings' 4/5/6/ nil defeats

b) We lose 4 or 5 on the trot.

c) We get buried by Forest at home.

9 minutes ago, sage said:

We are currently winning one then losing one under Wassall. If this continues we will get another 15 points. This year that will probably be enough for 6th.This is better than Clement's last few games. 

So Wassall isn't going to get sacked today on form. 

Though we aren't playing massively well, we are trying to be more positive.

So Wassall isn't going to get sacked today for that.

Whilst MM may well be researching potential managers, he isn't going to do a deal with a replacement until promotion isn't technically possible, unless one of 3 extreme circumstances occur.

a) We get a couple of 'gubbings' 4/5/6/ nil defeats

b) We lose 4 or 5 on the trot.

c)We get buried by Forest at home.

Probably true.

forest is building up into a bit of a crunch game both Wassall.

if we lose, its would severely damage his hopes of getting the job 

if we win then then that won't do him any harm attack all.

great opportunity to thump the air in front of the south stand and go up on the approval register.

2 hours ago, craic dispenser said:

Yes because he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

Team selection was weird: Butterfield, Bryson and Hanson in a midfield trio is too small. Should have played Hendrick instead of Butterfield.

His post-game comments are strange and reminiscent of a man used to giving praise alongside criticism, a tactic which works with young players - not seasoned pro's.

My big issue is the one of Thorne. Good form or not, he's probably in our top two players in terms of overall ability. You will not improve someones match fitness by leaving him on his settee liking fit women's twitter posts. He should start every game for me, he's that good.

Being a good academy coach is not a prerequisite of being a good manager.

Stumbling into the playoffs is not what the fans want to see.

We need a seasoned manager who has got the record of getting a team out of this division.

We need a manger that will make us a team that teams fear, not a team that folds in big games.

QPR away is hardly a big game, which means we're folding in most games, not just big games... We haven't even had a big game under Wassall yet, so potentially the worst is yet to come. I can see us getting battered by Hull if we carry on the way we are.

I'll just let it ride out now and look to next season. As awful as it sounds I'm starting to enjoy the terrible end to the season and the effect it's having on certain individuals on here :D

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'll just let it ride out now and look to next season. As awful as it sounds I'm starting to enjoy the terrible end to the season and the effect it's having on certain individuals on here :D

Same old Derby it's always "next year" with certain individuals on here. Always the victims it's never our fault.

Just now, McLovin said:

Same old Derby it's always "next year" with certain individuals on here. Always the victims it's never our fault.

Well I'm not saying I expect us to succeed next season, i just don't think anything we do is going to see us be successful in this one is my point. 

But I also don't really care about Derby being objectively successful, it's a shame we've been boring all season though. 

1 hour ago, WoollyJumper said:

Having not grown up in the UK, I must be missing something then.

When I play my membership to follow a particular team, I know that my membership fees go towards the financial running of that club, and in some cases the running of the league. That membership entitles me to a certain level of participation of supporting my team. I have no say in how that team is run, apart from voicing my opinion.

I think with the advent of such large television rights payments, the reliance on the fans that go to matches is becoming less relevant from the point of the financial security of most teams. I appreciate that the fans at the games are important from the point of providing an atmosphere, but they have limited impact for the success of most clubs.

Given that Mel Morris has paid the largest "membership" it has certain entitlements that go with it.

Again not having lived in the UK, I don't understand how important a football club is to that community, and my comments are based on how I see things from where I am.

He ( Toddy) is not correct at all in our case being " the fans own the club"!! 

Mel Morris owns the club and we as fans pay to watch a product of entertainment. If the entertainment is poor then it's up to us if we continue to buy tickets or not but in no way at all are we actually the owners. Just subscribers.

do we " own" the cinema if we go regularly and buy tickets to see a film? No..once again we are just paying for entertainment. 

Toddy is right in his statement that without the fans they have nothing. Very true and football can be quite precarious in that sense. We vote with our feet for sure but we are not owners. 

There are a few clubs owned by supporters, in Germany I think there are a few and could well be elsewhere too. But not at Derby....

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

QPR away is hardly a big game, which means we're folding in most games, not just big games... We haven't even had a big game under Wassall yet, so potentially the worst is yet to come. I can see us getting battered by Hull if we carry on the way we are.

When we're at the business end of the season, in our position, all our games are big games...

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

When we're at the business end of the season, in our position, all our games are big games...

True, although my point was more aimed at the varying qualities of teams and how we haven't actually faced a strong team yet and despite that, we're still losing points...

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

True, although my point was more aimed at the varying qualities of teams and how we haven't actually faced a strong team yet and despite that, we're still losing points...

And I couldn't agree more.  Waffall has been helped by a run of winnable games and he's still screwing it up.  

I'm sure he's a really nice guy and all.  And he's doing a bang up job at running the academy but he really isn't up to this task.  I just pray that Mr Morris has candidates in mind, he's spoken to them and they're either indisposed (eg. Warburton), or legally unable to take the job (eg. Pearson) until the summer.  If he's as smart as a lot of people seem to think, it's the only logical reason for his actions...

Archived