Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

18 minutes ago, nfb said:

I think he made the decision to appoint Darren and go with him till the end of the season no matter what to give him valuable experience, and make him a 'better' manager for the U21's in the coming season, learning as he will from this experience. 

That is effing genius and the only positive explanation I have seen, well done.  I hope you are right as I am currently hanging to any good news however fleeting it may appear.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

I think we lost it in midfield its been a massive problem all season especially this year. Henry, Faurlin and Chery made us look like school boys tonight.

This is 100% our primary problem. I feel we would be in the top two if our midfield performances were better. While individuals in a game may have a good performance (Butterfield, Hendrick) they seldom have that good performance together in the same game. Need to become a cohesive unit in midfield, this should be our priority.

10 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

We were complete **** tonight. To a man. Front to back. The subs were no better. It was really, really bad. And worrying. Reminded me of Forest away. Butterfield (I'm a huge fan) may as well have had a QPR shirt on, Olsson atrocious, Martin and Bryson on the periphery, our centre backs unable to mark up. Really bad. Went for it a bit late on, got nothing other than a second goal against us. 

Dispirited is the word. And having just heard Wassall's waffle, I feel even worse, the chap's mental. 

I'm guessing three or four changes again, no clues, no ideas and myself walking out of another effing ground wondering where my Derby went. Because this isn't it. Joyless.

Keogh - as per - my man of the match with a 5 out of 10. Shocking night. Where's the pub?

That is depressing even to read. :(

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Wasn't much of a night out angieram and I live quite a bit closer to London than you do I guess. 

Where does Loftus Road now stand on your list of away venues?

Pretty low on the list! 

It's hard to unravel the venue from the performance and the weather but I'll try.

The ground is scruffy and very poky, glad we didn't sell out as there was so little room anywhere. Stewards were indifferent, they looked like they didn't want to be there either (which is how I felt by end of match.)

I did appreciate the proximity to the pitch, which is unusual for a high view. Couldn't see all of the pitch below us with everyone stood up, but wouldn't even have seen goal line if we'd stayed seated.

Other compensation was a smooth journey both from and back to Derby on the roadrider. Less traffic than expected.

I still don't want to think about the match but I haven't seen the team so lacking in confidence for a while -we are so fragile again. It's heartbreaking when there is this much talent in the squad. We need some passion and fight on the pitch. Not sure who can provide it - Bucko, Thorne, Hughes? (He's surprisingly tenacious for such a slight guy.) 

Sorry, rambling now. Losing hurts.

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

That is effing genius and the only positive explanation I have seen, well done.  I hope you are right as I am currently hanging to any good news however fleeting it may appear.

Sir you are a gentleman, im glad to offer some light at the end of what looks like a long dark tunnel :(

No need for me to post anything too lengthy about the game - Warren H and Mackworth have covered most of what you need to know. In one word: Abject.

I was fortunate to be corporate wined and dined, and had a great seat not too far behind Mel and Sam. I hope they saw what I saw, and have come to the conclusion that we need a proper manager. Wassall can't take all the blame - the best score I could give to anyone "playing" would be 5 - but our tactics all night were clueless where at times we were playing 361 and at the end 4114. Laughable, if it weren't my football team. Our away following was muted - don't blame them, there really was nothing to cheer - in fact they didn't "bounce" once all night from memory.

I did think at the end about sharing my thoughts with Mel but all the Peroni might have affected my ability to be constructive. Did get a word with John Gregory though, which at least gave me a warm memory that we did once have midfield players with skill, control and heart.

Upon reflection, I will not be rushing to go back and watch the team until we have a proper manager organising the team - that goes even with the Amex game upcoming. It really hurts too much to watch tripe like that.  I didn't pay a bean all night, but I am still tempted to write to Mel with an invoice for my time costs.

p.s. If you want to buy a TV package with high quality product content I can heartily recommend BT Sport.

16 hours ago, hiltonram said:

Ive had enough of our wide players , its time to go with a diamond formation and play two up front with Ince behind.

Been saying that for weeks. But maybe 3 across not the triangle behind ince unless Thorne is fully fit. Nobody can play there. 

Also said you can't play Bryson with butters and he needs hendrick beside him. Hanson isn't good enough yet moans certainly not with butters and Bryson!!.

i do feel that if an experienced manager had been appointed we would see a more energetic enthusiastic team out there fighting for their places next season and ensuring they are in his thoughts for the long haul.

seems there's an air of nobody knows so nobody cares attitude and that includes the fans even though it's not there doing, it's just being battered out of them!

i would and have backed Wassal up to now as I've seen some improvement, however last night broke the camels back for me. If he's meant to be there as a motivator he's failing miserably so what is the point in him being there! Might as well get Mr motivator in with his dodgy Lycra outfit, I'm sure he'd do a better job.

if a performance is crap, tell em it's crap, give them a kick up the arse and tell they've let the team down

shocking!!

19 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:
19 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Did anyone expect more from QPR away ?

Yes, I did to be honest.

Oh no qpr the wonders of the football universe ,how could any one expect to achieve any thing other than a loss against these footballing giants,sure we shoulcd be thankfull we only got spanked by two goals

29 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Do DCFC have a strategy (plan)?

Does anyone know what the strategy is?

Can someone please tell me what the strategy is?

I joke not.

Turn up ,√

Wear correct kit√

Keep our half of the pitch clean and tidy√

Collect wages√

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

No need for me to post anything too lengthy about the game - Warren H and Mackworth have covered most of what you need to know. In one word: Abject.

I was fortunate to be corporate wined and dined, and had a great seat not too far behind Mel and Sam. I hope they saw what I saw, and have come to the conclusion that we need a proper manager. Wassall can't take all the blame - the best score I could give to anyone "playing" would be 5 - but our tactics all night were clueless where at times we were playing 361 and at the end 4114. Laughable, if it weren't my football team. Our away following was muted - don't blame them, there really was nothing to cheer - in fact they didn't "bounce" once all night from memory.

I did think at the end about sharing my thoughts with Mel but all the Peroni might have affected my ability to be constructive. Did get a word with John Gregory though, which at least gave me a warm memory that we did once have midfield players with skill, control and heart.

Upon reflection, I will not be rushing to go back and watch the team until we have a proper manager organising the team - that goes even with the Amex game upcoming. It really hurts too much to watch tripe like that.  I didn't pay a bean all night, but I am still tempted to write to Mel with an invoice for my time costs.

p.s. If you want to buy a TV package with high quality product content I can heartily recommend BT Sport.

This is in the wrong area it should be under a product placement ligger name dropper thread

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Did anyone expect more from QPR away ?

Well, as it wasn't Wolves and it wasn't on the telly - I thought we might get a draw or something. 

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Wasn't an entirely wasted trip - you saw Sam. Which is more than anyone else has in recent weeks.

Archived