Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Watch all of the experts who wanted Hendrick dropped now moan that the midfield was too lightweight and the manager doesn't know what he's doing...

Did you go tonight? I did. Jeff was useless once on. No better than Butters who himself probably had his worst game for us. The players haven't a clue. Neither have I. But I won't be going to every game, home and away next season, not the way I feel right now. I'm fuming. And drinking.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've not been to the match tonight, can you give me an insight into how we played?

I was at the match, i dont know what to say, except the truth, for about 10/15 mins after we kicked off we looked bright, but slowly they (mainly forlan) took control of the middle of the park,we seemed to be playing a 4-1-4-1, with ince and russell wide,  therefore our midfield was a shambles, too far apart, with the defense too deep behind them leaving them plenty of space to work in,because Butterfield and Bryson as the 2 in the middle trying to 'make it happen' were outnumbered and ineffective, and quite rightly Butterfield was subbed as when he did get the ball, his passes were either side ways or wasted....  we weren't really in it, in truth, we didn't 'create' a decent chance, we had half chances from stuff around the box, but sadly we were 2nd best. It got slightly better when Jeff came on,  but Bent... did he touch the ball ?? if he did it was to no effect, Blackman at least made an impact when he came on, i honestly dont see the point of Bent any more, he may score in under 21 games or whatever, but at this level he makes little or no impact most times.                                                                          I could go on, but to what end. The team were too spread out, they exploited the space, and an average team beat us 2-0. The strange thing was the amount of 'measured' passes that went to no one, i didn't count, but off the top of my head 12 , it was bizarre, in possession pushing forward pass played, to no one ? not even within 5 yds ?

I have no idea what happened to the team we saw around November... as for play offs, sorry but dont book a hotel in Wembley atm.

5 minutes ago, nfb said:

I was at the match, i dont know what to say, except the truth, for about 10/15 mins after we kicked off we looked bright, but slowly they (mainly forlan) took control of the middle of the park,we seemed to be playing a 4-1-4-1, with ince and russell wide,  therefore our midfield was a shambles, too far apart, with the defense too deep behind them leaving them plenty of space to work in,because Butterfield and Bryson as the 2 in the middle trying to 'make it happen' were outnumbered and ineffective, and quite rightly Butterfield was subbed as when he did get the ball, his passes were either side ways or wasted....  we weren't really in it, in truth, we didn't 'create' a decent chance, we had half chances from stuff around the box, but sadly we were 2nd best. It got slightly better when Jeff came on,  but Bent... did he touch the ball ?? if he did it was to no effect, Blackman at least made an impact when he came on, i honestly dont see the point of Bent any more, he may score in under 21 games or whatever, but at this level he makes little or no impact most times.                                                                          I could go on, but to what end. The team were too spread out, they exploited the space, and an average team beat us 2-0. The strange thing was the amount of 'measured' passes that went to no one, i didn't count, but off the top of my head 12 , it was bizarre, in possession pushing forward pass played, to no one ? not even within 5 yds ?

I have no idea what happened to the team we saw around November... as for play offs, sorry but dont book a hotel in Wembley atm.

To be fair Bent forced a couple of saves - two more than Martin managed! That's not a dig at Martin. Truth is both players had sweet FA in terms of service from the midfield.

Bent had our only shot of note, to be fair to him. But on the wage he's no doubt picking up, I don't see the point. One of the many signings we didn't need. Seen a few pick out Jeff as standing out. Strange. He had one good run with the ball, other than that he gave it away endlessly. Bryson was the worst player on the park. Ince back to his worst. Truly bad evening. I don't think Clement was special, but I would never have got rid if the answer was this right now. I'm not sure I even want us to reach the playoffs. A failure to do so might see changes. We need to know what the plan is. I think the players do too. They probably know Wassall isn't long term. That can't be good. 

I'll be at Rotherham. I must be crazy. 

Another ridiculous post match interview from Wassal, does he actually believe what he is saying or is he trying to fool Mel into believing he's doing a good job?

what are the players doing in training. Headers and volleys?

"The first goal kills us" Darren Wassall. What does that say about any team? Go a goal behind and it kills them? What about fight, courage, hunger or pride? That's the thing I dislike most about us at the moment. Not just that we're being beaten but how, no bottle and no pride.

Just got back from the game. Took me 3 hours and 45 minutes to get there and 3 hours to get home. Needless to say, im not happy. 

First 10 minutes we started fairly brightly. We were in their faces and we looked quite up for it. No tactics on show whatsoever other than to run about.

They then started to take control of the game and it was no surprise when they took the lead.

They bossed the rest of the half. Helped on the main by us giving the ball away that many times, I lost count. It really was utterly pathetic. Butterfield was the main culprit. I have no idea what he was doing tonight. Worst game hes had for us by a country mile. 

Lets get one thing straight though. He picked the right side. Hendrick deserved to be dropped because hes been so poor. 

I get that Hanson has to play. Thorne needs to buid up his match fitness. Which Wassall is now realising after starting him at Wolves and giving him 15 minutes at the weekend. I see Wassall said he wants Thorne to have an U21 game as its more beneficial than him sat on the bench. Well why dont you give him the last 30? Then start him on Saturday and give him an hour? Build him up that way. To leave him out the squad completely was ridiculous. 

That was one of the worst performances from a midfield ive seen in a long time. Gave the ball away so much, didnt pick up any loose balls. Just all over the place. Butterfield was the worst, but Bryson and Hanson were not far behind. They were awful. Ive been saying it a while now and whilst I think Hanson will make a good player. He is not the answer now. How many teams in this league would he get in? Will he end up as a holding midfielder? Im not so sure.

Martin was isolated. Completely isolated. Because there is no movement whatsoever we resort to long balls to Martin when there is nobody within 30 yards of him. Quite what he is expected to do, I have no idea.

Ince wasnt in the game today. At all. 

Russell was back to his usual old self. Awful. He honestly couldnt trap a bag of cement. The ball was bouncing off him almost every time. Also when Christie bombs forward Russell runs into no mans land or hangs back and leaves Christie on his own. He was so so poor. 

Bent came on. Why his he in the squad? He offers nothing. Against Brentford he touched the ball 6 times. Less than that tonight. 

Our wingers at the minute are not performing. Why is Camara not getting a chance? I just cant get my head around it. 

A last word for Wassall. Ive had enough of this clown now. His interviews after im finding borderline insulting. Dont you stand there and tell me we looked the more likely second half. We didnt look like scoring. The keeper had one very easy save to make from Bent and that was it. There are no tactics at all. That man is tactically inept. Tonight he also referred to the Huddersfield game as a "great performance" It was far from that. Id say average at best. The results are papering over the cracks. The players are all over the place. There is no cohesion or structure in our side at all. Its utterly pathetic.

The only thread of hope I am clinging to is that Mel Morris knows who he wants and for whatever reason that man is not available until the summer. 

But the lack of contact with the fans is disgusting. We want to know what is going on at OUR football club, but the silence is deafening. 

Sick and tired of all this fake optimism. 

On that note. Im off to sleep. 

I went to the game last night, The level of performance was unacceptable. Derby were tactically inept. Hanson is not a central defensive midfielder and for most of the game was a passenger-hence we were outnumbered in midfield. QPR are a team of has beens and never has beens . Their manager's qualification is one year at Burton Albion. However they had a game plan and scored from two well executed moves which looked like they had been practised on the training ground. Derby didn't appear to have a game plan and showed no idea how to break QPR down. They were set up far too cautiously in the first half and posed no threat to QPR.

To those who didn't go last night well done for not wasting your money. Morris and Rush need to act quickly to appoint a manager because Wassall isn't the answer.

6 hours ago, harryram said:

Another ridiculous post match interview from Wassal, does he actually believe what he is saying or is he trying to fool Mel into believing he's doing a good job?

what are the players doing in training. Headers and volleys?

Probably ! Since neither clement or Wassall know how to teach or practice off the ball attacking runs or moving into space, I'd suggest they work on set pieces especially corner kicks.  How wasteful are we on those? We had a ton v qpr. I'd like to see some comparative stats on our percentage success on corners versus other teams - we must be bad

5 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just got back from the game. Took me 3 hours and 45 minutes to get there and 3 hours to get home. Needless to say, im not happy. 

First 10 minutes we started fairly brightly. We were in their faces and we looked quite up for it. No tactics on show whatsoever other than to run about.

They then started to take control of the game and it was no surprise when they took the lead.

They bossed the rest of the half. Helped on the main by us giving the ball away that many times, I lost count. It really was utterly pathetic. Butterfield was the main culprit. I have no idea what he was doing tonight. Worst game hes had for us by a country mile. 

Lets get one thing straight though. He picked the right side. Hendrick deserved to be dropped because hes been so poor. 

I get that Hanson has to play. Thorne needs to buid up his match fitness. Which Wassall is now realising after starting him at Wolves and giving him 15 minutes at the weekend. I see Wassall said he wants Thorne to have an U21 game as its more beneficial than him sat on the bench. Well why dont you give him the last 30? Then start him on Saturday and give him an hour? Build him up that way. To leave him out the squad completely was ridiculous. 

That was one of the worst performances from a midfield ive seen in a long time. Gave the ball away so much, didnt pick up any loose balls. Just all over the place. Butterfield was the worst, but Bryson and Hanson were not far behind. They were awful. Ive been saying it a while now and whilst I think Hanson will make a good player. He is not the answer now. How many teams in this league would he get in? Will he end up as a holding midfielder? Im not so sure.

Martin was isolated. Completely isolated. Because there is no movement whatsoever we resort to long balls to Martin when there is nobody within 30 yards of him. Quite what he is expected to do, I have no idea.

Russell was back to his usual old self. Awful. He honestly couldnt trap a bag of cement. The ball was bouncing off him almost every time. Also when Christie bombs forward Russell runs into no mans land or hangs back and leaves Christie on his own. He was so so poor. 

Bent came on. Why his he in the squad? He offers nothing. Against Brentford he touched the ball 6 times. Less than that tonight. 

Our wingers at the minute are not performing. Why is Camara not getting a chance? I just cant get my head around it. 

A last word for Wassall. Ive had enough of this clown now. His interviews after im finding borderline insulting. Dont you stand there and tell me we looked the more likely second half. We didnt look like scoring. The keeper had one very easy save to make from Bent and that was it. There are no tactics at all. That man is tactically inept. Tonight he also referred to the Huddersfield game as a "great performance" It was far from that. Id say average at best. The results are papering over the cracks. The players are all over the place. There is no cohesion or structure in our side at all. Its utterly pathetic.

The only thread of hope I am clinging to is that Mel Morris knows who he wants and for whatever reason that man is not available until the summer. 

But the lack of contact with the fans is disgusting. We want to know what is going on at OUR football club, but the silence is deafening. 

Thanks for the post Mack. Appreciate you going and giving us the report. 

I feel for the fans who went to the game. Because that was hard to listen to. No passion slow build up no nothing. Do the players not know they can still go up. Need a new boss in now slap them about a bit f...... wake them all up. 

7 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Did you go tonight? I did. Jeff was useless once on. No better than Butters who himself probably had his worst game for us. The players haven't a clue. Neither have I. But I won't be going to every game, home and away next season, not the way I feel right now. I'm fuming. And drinking.

No, I didn't go but that wasn't really relevant to the point I was making.

Already seen a few 'shouldn't change a winning team' and 'Bryson, Hanson and Butterfield was never going to work' type posts.

8 hours ago, Ramshankered said:
6 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

To be fair Bent forced a couple of saves - two more than Martin managed! That's not a dig at Martin. Truth is both players had sweet FA in terms of service from the midfield.

Thats pretty much what i said, but more in depth, i was losing the will to live writing my report and re living it... i also missed our only highlight (Bents shot) as i was sat behind a post which obscured it so i didnt see who shot.

That aside i agree about Camara, plays against Hartlepool and gets MoM then pretty much gone ?

As for Mel and Darren, i have a therory, as Mel has said he wants to push the Academy on, and i feel he accepted this season may well be over, when he gave Darren the job (he said promotion wasn't a priority) I think he made the decision to appoint Darren and go with him till the end of the season no matter what to give him valuable experience, and make him a 'better' manager for the U21's in the coming season, learning as he will from this experience. Mel i believe is a strong intelligent man with passion and money, he isnt afraid to try things, and moves on quickly when he sees the writing on  the wall as he did with PC. I  think DW will return to the U21's better for this learning curve, however painful his after match summaries are. We just have to grit our teeth and wait for Mels next move in his strategy towards  next season...

I went and it was the usual dispiriting journey to a pokey ground in a nasty part of London. 

Worst live performance I've attended since Brighton away in Jan 2013. The glory days of kieron freeman, Adam legzdins etc hoping for just a goal and expecting defeat.

Blimey,  that was only 3 years ago.....

On 07/03/2016 at 12:18, angieram said:

Can't be as bad as Brentford, surely? I will let you know what I think of it when I know how many points we bring away from there!

Wasn't much of a night out angieram and I live quite a bit closer to London than you do I guess. 

Where does Loftus Road now stand on your list of away venues?

15 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Casio...in my profession and most other professions you are expected to be able to do the very basics of the job regardless of salary. 

Giving interviews isn't the basics of a footballers job.

Best thing about last night was that I didn't see or hear anything other than the result. 90 minutes and a lot of frustration saved by the looks of it.

DW says it's two steps forward, one step back at the moment - with three wins and three defeats surely it's one step forward, one step back...?!

If any of the team's below the playoffs (Cardiff, Brum, Ipswich) find any decent form then we're pretty much fecked IMO. Either way, can't really see who we'd have a realistic chance against in the playoffs anyway. 

10 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

DW is the player's mate and that bugs me because that shouldn't be the case. The manager shouldn't be your mate. Because I feel like the disappointing results won't fire the team to perform better, the players would just be happy with a mediocre performance because the manager isn't harsh enough on them because they're all pals. That's not good enough. 

jurgen-klopp-liverpool-christian-benteke

Archived