Brentford vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Many on here tried to say you had to play a certain way,and to forget promotion.Forget them and play your own way,most of the fans will be behind you.Get us promotion this season.

Once again you seem to be self appointed spokesperson for 'most fans'.

If many of the fans were saying the team had to play a certain way, what makes you think that most fans out promotion ahead of decent football?

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Had a tenner on Derby at 9-1 when they went 1-0 down. Happy days!

Today we got a bit of luck and hopefully will have gained some confidence.

The negative nancies can go and support Forest. I wonder if they react in the same way in their other relationships?

Bloody hell I wondered why I was on my fifth wife.

Selected comments from Sky match report:

The Rams could have been four up at the break but for some brilliant saves from Bees goalkeeper David Button.

But Hendrick's controversial equaliser with 10 minutes to go gave Derby the momentum and they ran away comfortable winners.

The scoreline reflected the visitors' performance

And from the Beeb:

Only Button's heroics had stopped Derby, playing their second game under new head coach Darren Wassall following Paul Clement's shock sacking, from taking a deserved lead in a dominant first-half performance.

Hendrick forced a fine double save, Darren Bent also saw an effort kept out, and the keeper did brilliantly to deny Johnny Russell in a one-on-one chance.

All the above seem to suggest we played pretty well. Not sure what some folk are expecting, especially after recent events. A away win, only five off the autos and 5 clear of 7th, Reasons to be cheerful!

47 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Bloody hell I wondered why I was on my fifth wife.

Does your sixth wife know you are on your fifth wife?

The subs changed the game today, no doubt about that. I was so pleased for Martin to finally get a goal from open play. 

Wassall came to the Rams fans at the end with clenched fists and looked delighted. 

I videoed all three goals from behind the goal so will upload them when I eventually get home. Bloody bus replacement both ways from Ipswich today. 

Archived