Brentford vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

Great comeback, Wassell deserves credit for the subs because at 1-0 I was criticising him at that point. Looked much fitter as well, 3 goals in final 10 minutes!!! amazing scenes, not going to get too excited though, I think going into games with zero expectations is the way forward lol. 

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've ended the winless run, scored 3 goals away from home, for the first time this season taken 3 pts after going behind, Chris Martin back amongst the goals and the first win for DW.

It's the first step in getting our season back on track - nothing more, nothing less. I can't believe there isn't a single Rams fan who hasn't been disappointed and even alarmed at how things have gone since New Year, both on and off the field.

But honestly - some of the comments on Match Chat (yet again!) and in this thread since the game finished beggars belief! Some of you need to have a long, hard look at your commitment to supporting this great club because if you've spent money to actually go to the game, to then slag Mel off in the way that some did and to call one of your own players 'poison' is totally unacceptable. By all means criticise if you feel it's warranted but less of the vitriol and spiteful, nasty comments. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

We've ended the winless run, scored 3 goals away from home, for the first time this season taken 3 pts after going behind, Chris Martin back amongst the goals and the first win for DW.

It's the first step in getting our season back on track - nothing more, nothing less. I can't believe there isn't a single Rams fan who hasn't been disappointed and even alarmed at how things have gone since New Year, both on and off the field.

But honestly - some of the comments on Match Chat (yet again!) and in this thread since the game finished beggars belief! Some of you need to have a long, hard look at your commitment to supporting this great club because if you've spent money to actually go to the game, to then slag Mel off in the way that some did and to call one of your own players 'poison' is totally unacceptable. By all means criticise if you feel it's warranted but less of the vitriol and spiteful, nasty comments. 

Its unbelievable that some posters piped up on matchday chat to complain once Brentford scored, and those same posters went silent when we equalised and went on to win. Its okay to celebrate guys. 

20 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I aim to please....and I'm more than happy on this occasion to be proved wrong....so therefore surely you don't want it to continue :-)

Aaaaaaggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

Stop confusing me.

3 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Christ on a bike! Bent being offside is down to the slow bullsh!t football we are playing. He makes the runs and the rest of the players either dont spot him or dilly dally on the ball before making the pass by which point he is offside.

Anticipate the run and bang it up to him.

Your lad did well today Richey

6 touches I think they said

and more than one offside again ............?

Sky said: The scoreline reflected the visitors' performance

BBC said: dominant first-half performance

And

But the Rams, buoyed by the introduction of both Martin and Tom Ince as substitutes, piled forward in the latter stages to earn a win that took them up to fifth in the table.

So, I'm going with the neutrals who had us playing well and deserving the win.

11 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

Your lad did well today Richey

6 touches I think they said

and more than one offside again ............?

Wassall was pleased with him ....and that stat was pointed out to him...and the answer he gave agrees with RicMe85 post.

If you take your eyes of the ball and watch player movements you will end up agreeing with him.

Just got back

from the Derby pubs. Great result,lets have more.There is no reason why we can't continue until the end of the season,winning,most of our matches. Maybe autos,certainly play-offs.and if we are on a run of form,we can do it.We have assembled a good squad,we had a good manager,unfortunately,our owner lost it but the players have to carry on,regardless. Many on here tried to say you had to play a certain way,and to forget promotion.Forget them and play your own way,most of the fans will be behind you.Get us promotion this season.

4 minutes ago, ck- said:

Sky said: The scoreline reflected the visitors' performance

BBC said: dominant first-half performance

And

But the Rams, buoyed by the introduction of both Martin and Tom Ince as substitutes, piled forward in the latter stages to earn a win that took them up to fifth in the table.

So, I'm going with the neutrals who had us playing well and deserving the win.

We did dominate in the first half and the last 10-15 minutes of the second, but we lapsed a bit for the first portion of the second half. Overall I would say we deserved the win and hopefully gives us a bit more confidence going forward. Good subs by Wassal though and if we put a good performance in next game I'll start to believe his methods are starting to work.

Archived