Brentford vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, brentford said:

As a Brentford fan firstly you clearly were the better side and deserved the win, but how poor were we? Our midfield basically rolled over and died. I was embarrassed with some of our players, yet in Alan judge we had maybe the best player on the pitch. Anyway a few thoughts from my blog. 

http://arcticterntalk.org/2016/02/21/a-lot-of-questions-at-brentford-football-club/

Alan Judge is absolutely quality. 

Thought your mistake was dropping too deep after you scored and giving us the initiative which for once we took.

Our equaliser changed our mindset - both team and fans - and it was a funny one as up to that point I couldn't see how we were going to find a goal. Why did the defence stop and just allow Jeff to carry on unchallenged? 

The 3rd was just a breakaway as you'd all piled forward and from where we were standing looked really close to equalising on 2 or 3 occasions. 

Very fine margins. You'll be fine though I hope. First time at Brentford. Good club, good matchday experience. And the lights going out gave us a chance for some badly needed original songs.

"We'll give you a coin,

We'll give you a coooiiiñn

Your meters ran out 

We'll give you a coin "

9 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

I think you are outnumbered by the real fans,who want promotion.Tbh who cares what you think?

You think? Surely you must know if you have been appointed spokesperson for the fans?

The 'real fans' are the ones that are there to watch DCFC not the opposition.

went to the game , well done lads , a great show of spirit and togetherness after a first half where we should of been out of sight to conceding early in the second  half , pleased for wass , what passion he showed at the end , onwards and hopefully upwards now , the Rams are on the way back

I've only got back from the capital this afternoon. Had a terrific evening down there I can tell you. The game yesterday wasn't for the faint of heart, but that nerve-fraying finale was worth it. I'm not one for getting too excited at the match but I went a wee bit silly when Martin scored at the end. 

I think we deserved the victory and the team looked more like a team to me. Midfield especially looked very cohesive first half, although young Hanson looked a little out of his depth the longer the game went on. Our defending from set plays was atrocious and Brentford had countless opportunities they thankfully passed up. Once the subs came on and we went to what looked like a 4-4-2 we looked a constant threat. All three subs made an impact, and brought the likes of Butterfield, Johnson and Olsson back to life. And Hendrick was simply superb on the day. 

A few ratings then..... 

Carson - I'm yet to see highlights but on first viewing he looked at fault for the goal. It wasn't his best performance in my opinion. 5. 

Christie - Back to his best marauding forward and had little opposition on that flank to be fair. He deserves a goal. Still dallies too much on occasion though. 7. 

Keogh - His positioning from set pieces was horrendous. Other than that, steady enough. 6. 

Shackell - Similar to Keogh really, but I remember one thumping tackle he made which I always enjoy. His passing remains pot luck, and another dallier. 6. 

Olsson - I like the look of this fella. Always available going forward. Crossing a bit hit and miss, but looks the natural replacement for Forsyth whereas Warnock was more of a defence- first left back. 7. 

Hanson - Started brightly, but after one moment where he dwelled on the ball and lost possession his display began to deteriorate. 5. 

Johnson - Better than in recent weeks, but not much. Gave the ball up too often, none more obvious than the one which saw them break and take the lead. Was lively at the end though and involved in a goal. 6. 

Butterfield - Passing wasn't as good as it normally is. But he worked tirelessly, really held things together at times allowing Jeff to do his thing going forward. Cleared off the line too. Still didn't smile. 6. 

Hendrick - His best game of the season. We know he's capable on his day, but he usually only performs in spells. Not yesterday. He was quiet for a brief spell after the Bees goal but other than that he was instrumental in all our good football. Links terrifically with Butters. Great finish for the equalizer. 8. 

Russell - Doesn't do it for me, I'm sorry. He works hard. The end. 5. 

Bent - Opposite of JR really. Rarely broke sweat, can't remember him involved much. 5. 

Ince - Looked great against tired legs and worried defenders. He was also selfless, for once. 7. 

Martin - Didn't really do too much to be honest, but much more than Bent. The goal I hope will do him the world of good. A confident Chris Martin is a huge player for us. He deserved to be dropped and he's responded how you'd want him to. 7.

Blackman - Looked lively and a threat late on. Prefer to see him up and around the box like that, than plonked out on the touchline. 6. 

Let that be the start of a winning run. It's not over til it's over.

Key thing for me yesterday? Either they're already fitter than they were when PC was here, or that was the fittest XI available. It showed up well anyway. We run all over them for long spells. And really came on strong in the dying embers. 

Maybe Wassall is the man? He certainly looked happy after the final whistle. Delighted even. :lol::p

Good ratings, agree totally on Ollson and Hendrick, think slightly harsh on Hanson who gave the side energy and forward movement in the first half. Suffered from 3 hospital passes from Johnson, the last one of which led to the opening goal. We absolutely bossed them in midfield and created a series of good chances with no-one to finish in the first half. 

I was in line with Judge/Carson for the goal and think the pace of the shot beat the keeper, beauty of a shot. 

Brentford apparently hired a set piece coach from Milan and we looked bewildered at them in the first half - the only positive for a poor team.

Mom - Wassall for perfectly timed substitutions and his post game performance. Suspect he's going with Russell, Buxton (on bench) and Hanson to bring some fire into the team - less of Martin, Ince and Johnson body language with hands on hips. Felt like a team again at the end, let's hope it rolls on for Wednesday ! 

Archived