Brentford vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A deserved win overall. I thought it was going to be the same old story when our performance dipped severely after they scored against the run of play, but we got a bit of luck for a change and really capitalised well on it.

It was great to see our players streaming forwards to support Ince on the breakaway at 94+ minutes rather than keeping a rigid shape on the edge of our box. It's the Derby way, if you don't attack, you will get the sack, it's the Derby way.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

A deserved win overall. I thought it was going to be the same old story when our performance dipped severely after they scored against the run of play, but we got a bit of luck for a change and really capitalised well on it.

It was great to see our players streaming forwards to support Ince on the breakaway at 94+ minutes rather than keeping a rigid shape on the edge of our box. It's the Derby way, if you don't attack, you will get the sack, it's the Derby way.

it was even better to see Ince pass the ball.

8 minutes ago, davenportram said:

it was even better to see Ince pass the ball.

Very much a team player with the amount of minutes he had on the pitch. Had a hand in build up to 2 goals. 

May not see him for 80 minutes when starting. But I'd rather have him in the team than Russell for me...

Totally get why he frustrates people. 

2 hours ago, ValeRam said:

Your lad did well today Richey

6 touches I think they said

and more than one offside again ............?

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Wassall was pleased with him ....and that stat was pointed out to him...and the answer he gave agrees with RicMe85 post.

If you take your eyes of the ball and watch player movements you will end up agreeing with him.

You only need one touch to score and win a game tbf.

Seem to remember a highlight where Bent nearly scored but was denied by a keeper who was having a stonking performance in the first half.

Bent's movement can bring other players into the game if players break free if their positional shackels and get forward. Likewise it can also create chances for himself if there was more urgency to get the ball forward.

Good points today it was an improvement on the last 6 weeks so we're heading in the right direction. Martin scored.

Bad points we seem to have lost a bit of our footballing ability and sometimes resort to hoofing the ball forward. We sat too deep at 2 - 1 up and unfortunately Hanson didn't have a particularly good game.

Absolutely delighted with the result today, from what I've seen on the highlights the players and DW seemed massively pumped up and passionate. We now go on to Blackburn and if we pick up another 3 points at the mighty iPro stadium then we would be firmly back in the mix. The excitement is building up already, COYR!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Once again you seem to be self appointed spokesperson for 'most fans'.

If many of the fans were saying the team had to play a certain way, what makes you think that most fans out promotion ahead of decent football?

I think you are outnumbered by the real fans,who want promotion.Tbh who cares what you think?

Regardless of your opinion on how we played, if you were pleased or if you thought we were fortunate, we just needed to get that win.

It'll build confidence no end, you only have to look at our players who have taken to Twitter to see the difference. And if this photo doesn't demonstrate how much this win means to everyone, nothing will.

5DHMHJ2.jpg

1 hour ago, Anon said:

At last Anon,you got it right.I'm delighted.

Woo hoo! So glad we got that one in the bag. Have to admit when I saw we were one down I sighed and though oh well, never mind, maybe v Blackburn. But I was wrong, we rallied and having seen breif highlights, I'm vastly encouraged. I loved Ince passing it to Martin - right thing just when he usually diffs it straight to the keepers arms. Positive, onwards and upwards. 

4 hours ago, Beagle said:

Wassall was pleased with him ....and that stat was pointed out to him...and the answer he gave agrees with RicMe85 post.

If you take your eyes of the ball and watch player movements you will end up agreeing with him.

Brilliant

6 touches in a game of professional football and he does well

Beagle : Next Rams manager in waiting…….best laugh of the day. From me and my mates many thanks for that

58 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Is that your graphic description of a blow-job? I think you (or your missus) has a lot to learn.

No. His graph means some people are obtuse like the angle. You are banging on again about some fans and Mel not wanting promotion. All along they and he has said consistent performance will bring promotion. Get the performance right the rest will follow. We put in a good performance"..................guess what.......we won. If we keep doing that we will eventually get promoted. Hopefully this season. Now........what you on about with all this Mel and some fans don't want promotion? What's too difficult?

As a Brentford fan firstly you clearly were the better side and deserved the win, but how poor were we? Our midfield basically rolled over and died. I was embarrassed with some of our players, yet in Alan judge we had maybe the best player on the pitch. Anyway a few thoughts from my blog. 

http://arcticterntalk.org/2016/02/21/a-lot-of-questions-at-brentford-football-club/

Archived