Clement gone.

Rev

58 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

I got slaughtered when i said blackmans tripe... and the little road runner as well.... pure tripe both of them and whoever is responsible for spunking 4m on them needs sacking too if it wasnt clement

Lol :lol:

taxi for mo camara

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, PCs tenure has been a poor one which wasn't going to improve and we were clearly going to slide down the table under his stewardship.

I liked the man he was a decent chap but just wasn't capable of managing a club like derby.

We have the team and money to be a premiership side and if we can get a manager to get us playing the derby way again,we will go up and stay up.

Mels made the right decision but needs to make an even better one next in choosing our manager.

He's taken a damn good squad, spent tens of millions and delivered a worse team. Performances have been lukewarm and efficient at best, downright awful since new year. You can't expect to have a divine right to keep your job in those circumstances.

On the flip side, Bent hasn't played...Clement signing? Ince has been a shadow of last season's matchwinner...Clement signing? Pearce has clearly been replaced before he's kicked a ball for us...Clement signing? It's not right behind the scenes with recruitment somewhere.

The Wassall till the end of the season thing is probably ********. We don't win for the next couple and it'll be a new manager in quick as you like and in any case I reckon it's cover until we get a new bloke. I don't mind that so long as Wass is in on it and not being dicked around - too nice a bloke to deserve that.

I don't mind the decision as I felt we were going nowhere. The problem now is that we've got a half dozen expensive players who need moving on or galvanising. Mel needs to accept mistakes have been made, sit down with Sam and work out how to reset everything and start again. I hope that this move is the first step in doing that, but it isn't all Clement's fault and if he thinks it is we're destined to repeat the cycle.

Moyes? In our dreams. Pearson? Would do for me, but clearly splits opinions. 

One last thing. I've seen some comments to the effect of "Hope the wrist slashers are happy now". I've moaned about Clement so I guess I'm a wrist slasher, my response is: **** off. I'm only happy when Derby are winning.

30 minutes ago, ossieram said:

None of us really know what has happened behind the scenes and although I was not calling for Clement to be sacked, I was not enjoying the football being played and could understand why people were not happy with him. People slating Mel and calling him a disgrace without knowing what has gone off need to calm down and see how things pan out. If we had continued to play as we have been and slid further down the table, those calling Mel now would be slagging him off for not doing something about it. Lets get behind the team on Saturday and try to urge them on for the rest of the season.

Find myself really agreeing with this. Cannot argue the football has been great, think the system has been wrong but would have given a rookie Manager longer myself. Smacks to me that Mel wasn't happy with the defensive set up, lack of attacking cohesion whether it be chopping and changing personnel or simply tactics employed, the team were not functioning as an attacking unit.

Money guarantees nothing, yet some of these players are clearly talented, Bradley Johnson player of the year scoring double at Norwich is an example, but for all that do now wonder if there is more to it as some suggest within the dressing room, because you only have to look at Steve Gibson and wonder what the difference between Karanka 2 years back and Clement now is?

Either way time to support the team, not Mel. Like him I'm a fan and will always be, whoever is in charge. The season is not over and the fat lady hasn't sung.

Just now, Duracell said:

Usually threads longer than 10 pages are full of puns, so I had to come on here to see Wassall the fuss was about.

How very Daring Darren of you Duracell.

Short and Walker announcement came before the Clement announcement didn't it?

I was so fed up I could not be arrissed to watch the highlights on TV or Ramsplayer.

I switched Radio Derby off when the subs came on with 20 to go and Rammage or similar said that all the energy had gone out of the midfield. Low ebb of interest then Clement goes. Please do not get Moyes. Pay Rogers a lot of money. Probably be Rowett.

2 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Same here. When I said that Blackman and Camara would never cut it, certain posters replied with the usual  - rubbish, give them a chance, what do I know etc etc

And thats true if we hadnt have spent big money on johnson and ince etc everyone would of been raving about those two. They havent had a fookin kick for christ sake. Give them a run, in the right position then after 6-10 matches make comments.

**** sake we were used to signings like buxton and other low league players, Just cos we break our record, every player after that is deemed ****. 

Mental

8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

My absolute favorite part of the phone-in tonight was the man who was saying others on the phone-in shouldn't offer knee-jerk reactions.

Have we all got that? No knee-jerk reactions to knee-jerk reactions, guys.

Scratch that, my favourite part was the person who texted in who said:

"My 8 year-old son at Christmas said "I just don't see us going up." Says it all."

Well if someone with all the wisdom of an 8 year old says it, then there really is nothing to say.

Maybe Ancelotti was being complimentary when he called the sacking "childish"?

27 minutes ago, Duracell said:

If Paul Clement had to go this week, did it really need to be 6pm on Monday?

The timing of it stinks. Maximum impact - evening news, local radio phone-in. And conveniently timed for there to be no time for anyone at the club to speak to the media.

Dirty, Dirty Derby County.

i think the timing is a co-incidence. I imagine the decision was made earlier, but there's always a lot to sort out.

Can everyone stop posting for half an hour please. I've just heard and every time I've read a page another 2 are added. Will be here until midnight at this rate!

1. Mel was naïve in the first instance to say Clement would be here at least until the end of the season - he shouldn't have been so specific.

2. It's unbelievable if this decision has been taken with no potential replacement having been sounded out. Names I've seen so far - Rogers, Sherwood, Pearson, Moyes - no thanks. Just waiting for someone to suggest Billy Davies, Steve Slug Evans, Holloway and Neil Warnock then I know I will wake up and all this is a bad dream.

2. Clement was brought in as coach so although he was probably consulted on transfers, the blame for some of the awful signings should possibly be placed at someone else's door.

3. I do wonder if the 'early-bird' season ticket deadline has helped to bring forward this decision?

4. We have 16 games to play so the sooner we get playing again the better!

Well that's another 5 pages added while I was writing this ?

Camara - hardly had a kick - playing in a new league - (some £20m players have dodgy first seasons)

Blackman- Not yet played in his position - not had a chance yet

But hey lets not welcome them and make them part of the team - lets write them off 

Let's have a MM quote from the Season Ticket renewal letter shall we, sent out LAST WEEK.

"On the pitch, we've seen progress in both individual players and the team in Paul's first season as our Head Coach. We've seen him develop and evolve in his role and I am sure he will continue to be one of the outstanding coaching talents of his generation - and we've reaped the benefits of his work when you look at the team's performance."

Either this is the Matrix (I'll stay in my pod thanks) and some code got mixed up somewhere, or something serious, and quick, has gone on behind the scenes.

Archived