Clement gone.

Rev

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Blackman is rubbish, his goalscoring record over his entire career is rubbish, he has had a blip this season where he has got a few goals but even before he signed for us he hadn't scored in 2 months...13 in 30 games this season is still a poor return...51 in 221 games....give me strength...that is shocking.

Vardy's record is pants too. 5 goals last season 18 this, is this a blip and you'd sign him in a ****** second

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can't read through the whole thread, but I imagine a lot of my thoughts will have been touched on. 

I was pissed off following the sacking of Nigel Clough and I was pissed off following the sacking of Steve McClaren, but I'm not at all bothered about the sacking of Paul Clement. I could rattle a whole list of reasons why, but I'll just stick to the main few. 

Performances - there has been a steady string of below-average to average performances, with the odd good and bad one thrown in. It seems like we've been stuck in second gear for the most of the season and the excitement that McClaren brought to our team was all but gone under Clement. 

Players going backwards - I have seen a number of people berate our signings, but players we've watched for 2-3 seasons and grown to love have been just as bad. Nick Blackman has had a lot of stick since he has come in, but has he done any worse than Ince, Russell...etc during the same period of time he has been here. No. It's just that the players, especially in attacking positions, have been criminally used. 

Young players - I know we've got a very experienced squad, but I'm at the point where I can't see any of them getting the chance. Hanson, who I imagine is the closest to the first team, would probably need a bus crash to get a full 90. I'm not saying play the young players at the expense of the squad and the team, but there needs to be more trust. I don't get why we can't have the best performer from the u21s on the bench every week. It gives them a little motivation to show the door is open. 

The imbalance - The Bradley Johnson scenario is perfect for this. I mean, we've bought a player that has just had the best season in his career playing left midfield, scoring 15-odd goals, and bang him straight back into his old position where he has earned of a reputation of being 'alright'. I'm not saying he's not a good utility player, but he needs to be played in his preferred position. The balance upfront has been outrageously bad and the three in midfield have been far too deep. 

The captaincy - I don't get why you make a player captain and drop him within the first few weeks of the season. I'm not saying Baird should be playing, but more so that he shouldn't be captain. Shackell, Keogh, Thorne.. they're the players that are almost guaranteed to play when they're fit. I'd look to them first. 

... there's a load more but I'm already getting sick of the sound of the keyboard. 

All in all, I think it's a good decision for everyone involved. It seems to me that Clement took on too big of a job and didn't have the experience to turn it round. Wassall, i'm sure, will only be a stop gap until we can find the right man for the job.

If the players weren't happy, I don't think you can have much of a choice. 

I just hope that Wassall, or whoever, can bring out the best in the players that can make a difference.  

Rd mentioned that a respected AP journalist said MM thought the pathway from u21's to 1st team had been blocked by signings?

The right decision.

boring negative football  from start to finish. The only reason we have won so many is the quality of our squad has gotten us the results. Every time we get a throw in or free kick it goes where? Oh backwards!! 

Fans need to leave the decision and reason alone Imo. What good can come of an answer? If it's PCs inability to manage the team, or lost the dressing room he is tarnished, if it's fan or player power then the clubs assets are tarnished and everything else lies at the club and owners door, so leave it alone.

I think MM is right because the style wasn't what we fans want to see. What would happen if we got to the end of the season and got promoted, but wasn't the football we and MM wanted to see. I think the timing is right also. For those that said today is the Wrong time because of the phone in is weird also, when better than when the fans can have there say? Better tomorrow when we don't get chance to have our say?

Lets see some classy attractive attacking football that these bunch of players are capable of and let's get behind the team.

Oh and if MM is reading this can we have a manager that managers all footballing matters? Picking the team and recruiting players for positions they can play?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Clement could not build on the Schteeve 'Way' as I understand the announcement. Probably wrong. If the players are not playing then the manager has to go. That is football. 22 guys running about and kicking a bag of wind into a net whenever possible.

There is no mileage whatsoever in criticizing Mel Morris. He is here and has spent £100 million.

TIME TO GET BEHIND MEL

Hi Mel

Who was the first to actually say on here that Clement was about to go if we did not win at Fulham?

I saw the problem in the Leeds game, but I could not identify the problem clearly. i was right but I do not know what I was right about! I could have been a legend.

We sacked a bloke with a 50+% win ratio who picked Derby up in mid table. We replaced him with a rookie

We sacked a rookie who lost 6 in 33 and has us 5pts off the top in February. 

We spent £25m on players of which a few don't even fit the system or the style. Not to mention that the spirit of the squad appears to be considerably worse than 2014

The Derby way is to recruit people who share the same philosophy. We want on the deck football with a serious academy capable of producing 5 youngsters into the first team in 5 years. Everybody brought into the club must have the right attitude above all else.

Maybe a few other people should resign too?

Well, we'll see what the future brings.

Good luck to Paul Clement, it seems the prevailing weather wasn't. I thought something was amiss when he did that interview on ramsplayer looking like he'd been chucked out on the street for a few nights.

I'm sure Wassall is only doing it as a stop gap, and I hope this is the case, he's been doing a good job where he was.

If there's something going on behind the scenes, we'll probably never really know anyway what went on but the vibe is pretty toxic.

Anyway,

let the speculation begin - I'm going with Schtevie surprisingly leaving Newcastle and returning or Gary Monk. Or Martin's wife with Mel as assistant.

No coincidence that Sschteve only started having his head turned when Morris started getting involved last season? I hear they didn't get on immediately.

All problems point to a chairman who can't help but be 'too' involved. The Americans were good by default because they weren't close enough to the club in proximity terms and we're happy for rush to run the job. Rush is a brilliant promoter of Sam rush and I would back him to move the club forward - mainly for his own personal gain.

I don't think Morris will like going from having 30,000 friends to 30,000 enemies and this could be a very testing time for the club as a whole. 

that being said Clement was dull, his football was dull and I will not miss him one jot. As for those feeling sorry for him - I am sure his handsome payout will ease his pain. He talked a big game and didn't deliver. 

Biggest worry for me is that Morris could easily pick the team for the rest of the year!! Wassall will not burn his bridges!!

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

And you think those whingeing represent the majority if supporters? Get real!

No not at all but i don't just jump down posters throats like he has for using the word 'majority' when maybe 'a lot' in hindsight might of been a better choice & a lot did want him gone or 'a change' and they have it. 170 votes to keep him isnt representative of 30k derby supporters that rock up everyweek  

What is particularly frustrating is the fact we have done it just after the transfer window closes. 

New manager comes in with a set of players that aren't his and no way to change the team other than changing formation and personnel. How much better can you expect it to get?

44 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Usually threads longer than 10 pages are full of puns, so I had to come on here to see Wassall this fuss is about.

I knew I was opening myself up for this kind of reply, But I will say, Atleast you made it a decent one!

2 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

What is particularly frustrating is the fact we have done it just after the transfer window closes. 

New manager comes in with a set of players that aren't his and no way to change the team other than changing formation and personnel. How much better can you expect it to get?

Schteve managed it.  The difference is experience...

Monk is not well regarded by his fellow coaches/managers it seems. 

Got into a coversation at St Georges park his name came up and was met with sniggers which surprised me.

Take a step back and look at our squad and it reeks of one that Harry Redknapp has had hold of.

I don't know what that means, it just looks thst way. Expensive flops everywhere.

Archived