Fulham v Derby County

Chris Mills

3 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

It might have been a good result under different circumstances. Under the circumstances we find ourselves in, I'm afraid it's another desperately disappointing result, with a marginally better performance. We can't afford to pass up opportunities like some of the other results offered up today, there won't be many more. 

Not beating MK Dons just isn't an option.

Under these circumstances any point is a good point. Now we are unbeaten in 2 games and the team is building is confidence back up with some better performances. 

It's just a matter of time before we win. I agree that a team like MK dons is one we should do even better against. 

Decent result today it would have been catastrophic to lose this game and fair play to them they havnt. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Play offs?

cant see it at the mo, we look like a bunch of player thrown together at the last minute.

The thing that worries me the most is that most of these new multi million pound players we have brought spent half the game on the bench. Even worse we actually looked better without them for the most part with Carson and possibly Shackell being the only one really improving the team in my eyes. None of our new wingers are any better than Jamie Ward either.

But keeping positive I suppose we didn't lose at least.

Probably going to sound like one of the boo boys but oh well ....

Thought today was a poor result. Playing against a team with 1 win in 14, no wins under their new boss and just 1 home win since October, it was the perfect opportunity to put in a performance and turn this mess around. Instead, we created just 1 or 2 good chances and our most dangerous/creative player was our right back despite having a wealth of talent ahead of him on the pitch. A few of the teams around us slipped up and yet again we didn't take advantage of that. We started the season in that bad patch with people saying, 'the start of the season is about good performances more than results.' Well now we're getting neither performances, or results ....

A few positives from today: Another Martin assist. Christie was brilliant. Bryson was decent. Keogh and Shackell looked solid. And the 4000 fans who went today were bloody brilliant, so well done to the lot of you.

A fair few people have put some of the blame for the drop in form to the fans booing, moaning and just generally causing a negative atmosphere. Well there was no booing and moaning today like they're treated to at home games, just non-stop singing throughout and they still couldn't put in a performance worthy of an automatic promotion chasing team.

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Performance was important today and it sounded like a good one 

Exactly, the starting line-up and the decent performances before the substitutions hopefully means the penny’s finally dropped for PC. Either play to Martin’s strengths like today - or drop him and build a team around someone else's strengths.

Thought Weimann was absolutely shocking. Should have been well up for this, but all he did was block a goal bound shot by Hendrick.

Comical OG, didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Did a tad better with Bryson in there, but Radio Derby waaaay over the top. Still no where near good enough.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Have these new players been given to him by a head of recruitment? Did he have a say in who was on the list at all?

according to MM in an interview yep he gets a say. PC says the type if player he wants. The recruitment team analyse stats videos etc and get a list of available players, PC says which ones he wants or prefers then the recruitment team gets ripped off

2 minutes ago, ramesses said:

Exactly, the starting line-up and the decent performances before the substitutions hopefully means the penny’s finally dropped for PC. Either play to Martin’s strengths like today - or drop him and build a team around someone else's strengths.

were we actually loads better today? I didn't see the game but we were playing a very poor side

15 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Anyone dressing a 1-1 result up as a good  result wants their heads testing home or away we should be beating fulham ... I Want to get back to winning ways 

I clearly want my head testing then. We haven't won at Fulham in the league since 1969, we played far better than our defeat of 2-0 there last season, we are unbeaten in 2 and our confidence is coming back. If only Keogh's header goes in, early on when we start the game really well. We are still in the mix and we will come good and we will finish a lot stronger than we finished last season, have faith, and belief and you may see your team get back to winning ways.

But as I will always tell my kids "I Want".......never gets....you have to earn it. So support, don't demand.

Us supporters, well we can all do better.

8 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Performance was important today and it sounded like a good one 

Take it you didn't go. It wasn't great for most of the game but you could see the effort the players were giving. Our best chance in the second half fell to Russell one on one and he fluffed it.Fulham played the better football. 

8 minutes ago, davenportram said:

according to MM in an interview yep he gets a say. PC says the type if player he wants. The recruitment team analyse stats videos etc and get a list of available players, PC says which ones he wants or prefers then the recruitment team gets ripped off

It says Mars on the side of buses too, don't mean they go there.

We looked like an average championship side, which is incidentally what we've become. Sad really.

Positives were Bryson and Christie and the centre halves and GK were solid. Otherwise none of the players did much. 

Was disappointed that we never saw Ince or Bent; the two players who can crack defences.

PC knows he's in trouble. A loss v MK Dons OR a dire performance versus them and he surely will be gone if MEL wants up this season.

Just now, Ninos said:

We looked like an average championship side, which is incidentally what we've become. Sad really.

Positives were Bryson and Christie and the centre halves and GK were solid. Otherwise none of the players did much. 

Was disappointed that we never saw Ince or Bent; the two players who can crack defences.

PC knows he's in trouble. A loss v MK Dons OR a dire performance versus them and he surely will be gone if MEL wants up this season.

Agreed

anyone who thinks  1-1 draw at Fulham is a decent result is mental, it would have been an acceptable result if it had followed on from us thrashing Reading, Preston and Birmingham at home, but to only get 3 points from those 3 and todays game is totally unacceptable.....and will not get any team promoted.

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

were we actually loads better today? I didn't see the game but we were playing a very poor side

No, still quite pedestrian. 

We started well today, Keogh should have done better with his header which hit the bar and we kept the ball well in their half without really creating anything. They go up the other end and a cross ends up in the back of the net off of Olssen - typical of our 2016 so far. I thought that knocked the stuffing out of us and Fulham were now the team on top but just like us, not really doing anything with the ball. Decent play from Martin/Bryson for our goal, out of nothing but a good set up and a very good finish. 

Second half was all huff and puff for the majority but we had a couple of decent chances. The Hendrick shot which was blocked by Weimann looked destined for the back of the net and Russell had his 1v1 saved. 

Didn't reckon much to Russell/Weimann. Both work hard but have very little quality, Weimann takes the easy option every time and even when Olssen was beyond him. Russell's final ball is infuriating, can't beat the first man from dead ball situations (threatening ones too). 

No big issue with selection/subs/captians. Baird actually played well so he's safe from being the scapegoat again. 

Still too cautious for me. We missed Thorne for sure but the play itself is still too slow. Need some urgency both on the field and in our attempt at finishing in the top 6. On paper we're pissing away winnable games, we just can't seem to get going. 

Archived