Fulham v Derby County

Chris Mills

Great day out, slightly underwhelmed by the 90 minutes of 'football' in the middle, fans were awesome throughout, great to see Bryson back.

Small glimpses of what we used to be, a platform for future improvement hopefully.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/02/2016 at 14:12, eddie said:

In 1975, we won the First Division.

Carlisle finished bottom.

We lost 3-0 at their place and drew 0-0 at the BBG.

I was at the 0-0 game. It was the last game of the season from what I recall and we had already won the league. Didnt they take Fanny Lee off at half time because he was still pissed from the night before?.....probably just a rumour at the time, but the players did like a drink in those days.

3 hours ago, sage said:

I would point out that we played 2 in midfield for the last 15-20 minutes of the Boro and Man U games. We got battered.

We did play with Bent on his own at the end of last season. We won 2 of the last 12. One of those involved wheeling Martin off the bench.  

Man U we got battered the whole game, bar a short spell after half time.

Boro yes, that situation required a heavier presence in midfield. But that's not to say it can't be done in many other situations and at different stages of a ga

as for your last point, as I said before, play bent or for that matter Russell, as was the case for a few games, and pretend they are Martin is doomed to failure. Doesn't mean they cant do it, you just have to play to their strengths. Everyone's going on about Martin suffering because the team's isn't playing to his strengths - Bent is no different.

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

To be fair Bryson was on his knees by then. Just before he came off there were a couple of occasions where he was really blowing. It was the right call. 

I didn't spot that, but I wouldn't be surprised since the guy covered an absurd amount of ground in the game. If he doesn't start against Franchise I will be extremely annoyed.

Archived