Fulham v Derby County

Chris Mills

Just now, Shuff264 said:

I'm not sure he can cover the same amount of ground though. Especially playing with hendrick who is vague in defence and Bryson who will be pushed further up, might just leave him isolated is all. 

Doesn't really need to cover much ground in the hole. 2 attacking CMs on so I think it's fine to have Baird just sit in our half/on the half way line

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I also love the way you're all sitting on the fence saying "He's either going to prove himself a genius or a moron" and similar.

Just so at full time if we've won you can go "Team selection was much better, I was crying out for Weimann for weeks". Or if we lose it's "Moronic team selection, Clement out".

So afraid to have an opinion lest you be wrong.... I'll throw my lovespuds on the barbecue, I think this is a good move. Good to see some energy come back.

Couldn't agree more! To me that looks like a team capable of getting a result today. Full of energy and half the players have a point to prove. Bold by Clement but by no means has he "lost it". Of course if we lose everyone will jump on that opinion, but in this moment and given our recent performances, that selection feels right. 

We can forget Clement for the next two hours. Now it's all down to the players!

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I also love the way you're all sitting on the fence saying "He's either going to prove himself a genius or a moron" and similar.

Just so at full time if we've won you can go "Team selection was much better, I was crying out for Weimann for weeks". Or if we lose it's "Moronic team selection, Clement out".

So afraid to have an opinion lest you be wrong.... I'll throw my lovespuds on the barbecue, I think this is a good move. Good to see some energy come back.

I think it is a good move too. Great chance for some of these players to really make a point. Will we see the great Martin Bryson link of old? Baird will not roam which I think will allow Hendrick and Bryson to do their thing. Clement can never be accused of not being bold!

I'm not afraid to be wrong, he's genuinely caught me by surprise, nobody would have selected that team in the match thread.

Good luck to him and the lads, tell you what an'all, I think that purple kit is not lucky for us, there, if we win, you can tell me I got that wrong. 

That'll cheer you up. :)

3 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Doesn't really need to cover much ground in the hole. 2 attacking CMs on so I think it's fine to have Baird just sit in our half/on the half way line

Yea I may well be wrong and I do hope Bryson and hendrick are let loose going forward, hopefully bairds experience will benefit the team as well 

13 minutes ago, Tombo said:

For weeks now we've been reading how so and so should/shouldn't be in the team, there's no pace, too much posession....... And now people are complaining because he's done what they're asking for. No-one can say we've been playing well lately (odd spells perhaps) and so he's shook it up big time. Good luck Clem! COYR

I quite like the team selection, and it should answer the questions about Martin. But, if it's not working for Martin by half time I'd take him off and give Blackman a chance in middle up front - or otherwise Martin and Russell off for Bent and Ince. Quite excited about this (but then I say that every game).

I'm happy with the team, people saying we will find out after if it's a good decision but you'll never know how the other options would have turned out... Not been going to well recently without the changes anyway.

Pleased to see Ince and Bent on the bench. I think those two should be used as a double act as we never get anything out of either of them when they aren't on together. Practically all their best individual performances have been when playing together, neither work that well with martin unfortunately. 

Archived