Fulham v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loads of fans at the game complaining about wayward passes. It was incredibly windy out there, the corner flags were whipping around like crazy. Reason why Carson kept kicking it to Russell on the right, kicking down the left would have pushed the ball straight to their keeper. 

Overall decent result. I'd rather draw and have a base to work off for the next few games to get confidence back in the right place. 

I thought we were ok. Not great but ok. Slightly better than PNE. Hit the bar, missed a 1 on 1 and Weimann blocked Hendrick's goalbound shot. They scored from a massive fluke. 

We are still carrying two poor players, replace them and we'll beat MK Dons.

We were never going to come out of this run with a bang. A series of small improvements until we win. 

I think we'll come 6th, 5th if we're lucky, 7th if we're not.

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

anyone who thinks  1-1 draw at Fulham is a decent result is mental, it would have been an acceptable result if it had followed on from us thrashing Reading, Preston and Birmingham at home, but to only get 3 points from those 3 and todays game is totally unacceptable.....and will not get any team promoted.

No mention of the finish from you , there's a surprise , average finish from average player eh ? 

27 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Take it you didn't go. It wasn't great for most of the game but you could see the effort the players were giving. Our best chance in the second half fell to Russell one on one and he fluffed it.Fulham played the better football. 

No stuck at home, efforts an important part though. Seemed lackluster lately and a bit of energy can make a big difference to performance and how fans perceive the performance 

Sounds like hindsight bias, but I knew we would not get a result after seeing the starting lineup.

I like the selection, actually. The problem is starting so many rusty players at the same time:

• Olsson -- had not played a single minute for over a month
  • Baird -- had not played a single minute for almost a month
  • Bryson -- had not started a game since September
  • Russell -- had played less than 30 minutes since 16 January
  • Weimman -- had not started a game since December

I thought changes were necessary, but definitely not putting five rusty players in all at once.

1 minute ago, HKRam said:

Sounds like hindsight bias, but I knew we would not get a result after seeing the starting lineup.

I like the selection, actually. The problem is starting so many rusty players at the same time:

• Olsson -- had not played for over a month
  • Baird -- have not player for almost a month
  • Bryson -- have not started a game since September 15
  • Russell -- have played less than 30 minutes since January 16
  • Weimman -- have not started a game since December 15

I thought changes were necessary, but definitely not putting five rusty players in all at once.

Weimann seemed to be incredibly rusty. Didn't quite grasp how hard to kick the ball. Kept over hitting passes. But not getting game time is a good reason for that. 

1 minute ago, HKRam said:

• Olsson -- had not played for over a month
  • Baird -- had not played for almost a month
  • Bryson -- had not started a game since September 15
  • Russell -- had played less than 30 minutes since January 16
  • Weimman -- had not started a game since December 15

16 minutes ago, cymru said:

what the hell dose PC see in Andreas Weimann he is one of the worst player i have seen for derby total waist of money

I find it hard to stomach criticism of Weimann, That's my job,

He has been rubbish all season. Had two good 20 minutes in 24 games. ,

Unfortunately we have 5 left footed wingers/wide forwards and sold the only right footed one we had.  

Looking at the highlights it looks like we had a few good chances with Keoghs header and Russell's chance. Christie turned into Lionel Messi at the end there with that little run of his as well (Unfortunately turned back into Christie with the shot). I would say after watching them that a draw is probably fair - they had some great chances to win it as well.

2 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

It was nothing special, no better than any of Butterfield's goals for a start

Butterfield was probably unfairly dropped but he will find himself on the bench a lot now that Bryson is fit , he just brings more to the football team and makes Martin a far better player , also proves that million pound signings aren't any better than players who cost very little , today's midfield cost half a million but give me them any day of the week , Thorne in alongside Jeff and Craig will improve us 

10 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

It was nothing special, no better than any of Butterfield's goals for a start

It was on target.

thats progress.

Actually....its pretty good.

Archived