Fulham v Derby County

Chris Mills

Hope weimann's missus was watching, maybe she will understand why her husband does not get on the bench regularly, the only thing I saw him do was stop a definite goal from Hendrick. Russel looked quite good today. But Blackman????? Why oh why. Looks like play off at best this year( even that's going to be a tough job) really think this season is going to prove as quite a disaster as it will more than likely effect a few years to come with ffp with the transfer fees spread over the years. A lot if money wasted

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

On a positive... Thought defensively we looked sound. Apart from an own goal and a shot at end, Dembele and McCormack didn't really threaten I felt, 

MOM CHRISTIE

Agree. More dangerous going forward than both out wingers also looked quite good defensively as well. If only he'd scored on his run from our half.

1 minute ago, harryram said:

Agree. More dangerous going forward than both out wingers also looked quite good defensively as well. If only he'd scored on his run from our half.

Would of been Goal of the Season!

Just now, harryram said:

Other than his run and shot, did he pass or cross the ball to an of our players in their box?

Don't understand why people are impressed by someone running with the ball with zero end product. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Other than his run and shot, did he pass or cross the ball to an of our players in their box?

Don't understand why people are impressed by someone running with the ball with zero end product. 

More effective than Russell and Weiman combined today...Defensively sound... Not perfect by any means.... But played well today... And nearly scored.

Dont understand why people can dumb down his performance today. If anyone that deserves criticising today for zero end product, it's Russell and Weiman... Seeing as there are meant to be the "attacking" threat.

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

More effective than Russell and Weiman combined today...Defensively sound... Not perfect by any means.... But played well today... And nearly scored.

Dont understand why people can dumb down his performance today. If anyone that deserves criticising today for zero end product, it's Russell and Weiman... Seeing as there are meant to be the "attacking" threat.

I would agreere Weimann, He was awful. Just don;t see Christie as MoM. Gives the ball away constantly.

Was at work this afternoon so came on here to find out how we played. However it's a bit like those eye witness statements for a robbery when each witness gives a completely different description of the robber with some saying he was tall, black wearing a red jumper and others saying he was short, white and wearing a brown mac. 

Still not sure how we played but I seem to get the impression that we did not look promotion contenders.       ?

Just now, sage said:

I would agreere Weimann, He was awful. Just don;t see Christie as MoM. Gives the ball away constantly.

Agree to disagree, thought he played rather well... Thought Russell wasn't at races either, should of buried his chance, what annoys with him is that he does all the right things, until the end

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Agree to disagree, thought he played rather well... Thought Russell wasn't at races either, should of buried his chance, what annoys with him is that he does all the right things, until the end

Yeah he should have lifted it over the keeper, great first touch though. Russell was streets ahead of weimann. I think he touched the ball about 6 times. One of those was blocking Hendrick;s shot. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Yeah he should have lifted it over the keeper, great first touch though. Russell was streets ahead of weimann. I think he touched the ball about 6 times. One of those was blocking Hendrick;s shot. 

Cracking bit of defending that... :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Gives the ball away constantly ??? He only ever gives it away on occasion when he's trying to beat defenders outside the opposition box. He was motm by a stretch. mafia is right. 

Yes. That's all he tries to do.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Don't understand why people are impressed by someone running with the ball with zero end product. 

Agree. I thought he looked good going forward, but never got too excited because I knew he was going to shoot. Since he scored for Ireland, his dribbling has improved, but he doesn't look to pass it when he gets in dangerous positions. First half against Burnley, he put a couple of really good crosses in between the defenders and keeper, there was none of that today. At least, there wasn't too much of his hesitant passing today, waiting until the player in space is marked until he passes to them.

So...

Started very well, both Bryson and Weimann getting near to Martin. Then the own goal came which looked a bit comical from our end really.

Bryson's goal was a beast. Great assist by Martin again.

Overall they didn't threaten at all, bar a quarter chance for McCormack towards the end from a good Scott Parker through ball.

Russell should have buried his chance but he did well to get in the position to score in the first place.

Hendrick was everywhere. I don't know if he played well or not, but he really battled in the centre I thought and but for Weimann would have scored.

Our fans were class. Brilliant away day.

Would have been a great day to win with the other results, but que sera sera. Not a bad performance on the whole, despite a poor game.

2 hours ago, sage said:

Gawd you're negative atm

9 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Saw on the highlights David Moyes at the match. Does he have any connection with either club? 

Regular at Fulham

Archived