Fulham v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Strange yearnings said:

Was at work this afternoon so came on here to find out how we played. However it's a bit like those eye witness statements for a robbery when each witness gives a completely different description of the robber with some saying he was tall, black wearing a red jumper and others saying he was short, white and wearing a brown mac. 

Still not sure how we played but I seem to get the impression that we did not look promotion contenders.       ?

We were average. So were they. Jeff ran his socks off, but was only quality for about 20mins. Bryson's technique scoring his goal was first class, but nothing memorable otherwise. Russell brought down Shacks(?) floated ball beautifully, but then failed to make the most of the one on one opportunity (no great surprise there though) and Christie did quite a lot of things well. Add to that we looked defensively sound, but note Fulham were not great going forward. As I said at the start, all very average. Had a good day out though. MoM: Drummerboy: PC should have a chat with him about tempo.

For all the money that has been spent, for all the hype in installing Paul Clement, unfortunately we have become an average championship side.

We have just managed to get a point at a team 4 pts from the bottom and some on here thing that is OK. 

Where has it all gone wrong?

12 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Three goals in a row assisted by Chris Martin if im not wrong?

Such an important player

IIRC he has assisted something like 80% of our goals this season - not bad for someone who has apparently been crap for the last few months.

5 hours ago, valleyram said:

No mention of the finish from you , there's a surprise , average finish from average player eh ? 

It was a decent finish no doubt, nowhere near as good as Hendricks last season against Millwall and a lot on here would say he was average too. Bryson is an average player but he has the chance now because the rest of the midfield with the exception of Butterfield are all playing well below average at the moment. 

I felt the team selection was as usual baffling. Players seemingly unwanted of late brought in from the cold. Our star turn over the season in Butterfield again getting unfairly dropped. And another damn injury to Thorne. And I thought we were poor for the majority of the game with a number of players looking lost as to what they were meant to be doing. Smashing goal though. Not sure Bryson or Martin were involved enough otherwise, but terrific link up for that. Hendrick run around a lot to little effect, so one-footed it's ridiculous. Baird I don't recall doing much, good or bad. Full backs were positive going forward but can't defend, allowed their wingers to cross every time. Olsson has no right foot. Centre halves are too deep, but did little wrong for once. They've been very shaky of late and escaped any real criticism, but then, we all know apparently that it's the new signings to blame, the midfield ones. Their fault we concede loads of goals this new year, their fault Martin hasn't scored since 1986, their fault I didn't win the lotto tonight. 

On Martin, I like Chris but feel he'd benefit from a genuine number 10 behind him or maybe a partner? Blackman could be that man, because he sure as hell doesn't look like a winger so far. Weimann tries hard, I like that about him. But end product is necessary in football. Same goes for Russell. Decision making not his forte. Unless he's making bad decisions, which he thrives at. Oh, and Carson can kick really really high and long. 

It was a poor spectacle. It was a poor display. We're in a poor place right now, and it's self-inflicted. If you're Paul Clement and whoever deals with recruitment. Because apparently we didn't need any of this seasons signings. The lads already here were definitely good enough and are better than those recruits. As the last two years have shown. And despite 99% of supporters saying these players needed replacing and 99% of supporters saying the new signings - just a few weeks ago - were amazing and better than the older players who bottled it. 

In other words, none of us have a scooby doo do we? Including the management, board or players. It's a wonderful time to be a Ram. 

Only Milton Keynes next. Easy. I am very drunk though. Nighty night.

8 hours ago, sage said:

Other than his run and shot, did he pass or cross the ball to an of our players in their box?

Don't understand why people are impressed by someone running with the ball with zero end product. 

At least he does the running bit before the zero end product. Everyone else doesn't even bother doing that.

6 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Think he go anyway, would have been stupid to turn down the 4 yr contract at his age with fitness record, was clear at the end of last season his future lied elsewhere.

when we released him? He club had the option for a an extra year but we didn't take it. Had we not released him Forest couldn't have made the offer to him.

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

when we released him? He club had the option for a an extra year but we didn't take it. Had we not released him Forest couldn't have made the offer to him.

There's plenty of wingers we could have purchased better than Jamie Ward, because we contrived not to is a condemnation of our transfer dealings not plaudits for the footballing skills of the player.

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

It was a decent finish no doubt, nowhere near as good as Hendricks last season against Millwall and a lot on here would say he was average too. Bryson is an average player but he has the chance now because the rest of the midfield with the exception of Butterfield are all playing well below average at the moment. 

No Bryson is a team player , remember these words , this is a team game no an individual's game and you can't have superstars in their own mind strutting about , now is not the time for them but players who will give you everything in the Derby shirt 

4 minutes ago, valleyram said:

No Bryson is a team player , remember these words , this is a team game no an individual's game and you can't have superstars in their own mind strutting about , now is not the time for them but players who will give you everything in the Derby shirt 

But we still didn't win right. 

Archived