Fulham v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might work out. Fulham would probably be setup to nullify ince and maybe Thorne. Without those two and Olson attacking down the left then we might create more chances. If we don't then we have a strong bench to utilise. Bringing ince, butterfield, Johnson, Blackman or bent on when they're tired could be a master stroke.

Doesn't seem that crazy to me. I'd have chucked in Butterfield for Hendrick or Bryson, but other than that it looks like a team we'd have sent out at the start of the season. Not exactly mind-blowing choices, just different to what we've been used to recently. Strong XI by all accounts. 

I also love the way you're all sitting on the fence saying "He's either going to prove himself a genius or a moron" and similar.

Just so at full time if we've won you can go "Team selection was much better, I was crying out for Weimann for weeks". Or if we lose it's "Moronic team selection, Clement out".

So afraid to have an opinion lest you be wrong.... I'll throw my lovespuds on the barbecue, I think this is a good move. Good to see some energy come back.

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Not to sure about that defensively, baird can't screen the midfield as well as Thorne and playing with two very attacking full back's. 

Really? I'd say Baird is more likely to sit in the hole and not roam forward, probably more defensively talented than Thorne. 

Just now, Tombo said:

I also love the way you're all sitting on the fence saying "He's either going to prove himself a genius or a moron" and similar.

Just so at full time if we've won you can go "Team selection was much better, I was crying out for Weimann for weeks". Or if we lose it's "Moronic team selection, Clement out".

So afraid to have an opinion lest you be wrong.... I'll throw my lovespuds on the barbecue, I think this is a good move. Good to see some energy come back.

Good on you, I personally think it's a move from one extreme to the other, no pace and too much possession too pace and no possession.

2 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Really? I'd say Baird is more likely to sit in the hole and not roam forward, probably more defensively talented than Thorne. 

I'm not sure he can cover the same amount of ground though. Especially playing with hendrick who is vague in defence and Bryson who will be pushed further up, might just leave him isolated is all. 

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I echo this completely. 

Come on Derby. 

Archived