The story behind your username

Kernow

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

As in ilkley you referring to ilkeston?  

I presume he's referring to the village of Ilkley which I have great knowledge of.  Ilkley is a spa town and civil parish in the City of Bradford, West Yorkshire, in Northern England. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, Ilkley civil parish includes the adjacent village of Ben Rhydding and is a ward within the metropolitan borough of Bradford. Approximately 12 miles (19 km) north of Bradford and 17 miles (27 km) northwest of Leeds, the town lies mainly on the south bank of the River Wharfe in Wharfedale, one of the Yorkshire Dales.

Anyone who says I used Wikipedia is a liar :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Since I look exactly like this dude and he was cool and his name was Cisse Häkkinen it had to be Cisse. So nothing to do with the players of that name.

That's an illusion ruined, I figured you were like a black, spitting Santa Claus!

Dunno, the best names like Eddie and Strange Yearnings were taken so i thought something short might do.  i like double or multiple meanings in short words and i needed a ram in there somewhere so ramit it became.  Connects to dammit, and well uh ram it and recently the croaking sound a frog makes because of my avatar, you see. 
Yes, i arrange my socks.

6 hours ago, Duracell said:

When I first posted on the DET I was Gingers4Justice. I was 15 years old and my profile picture was Rob Hulse but with added ginger hair. Happy memories.

Us red-tops are occasionally referred to as Duracells, and so I changed my name on there to The Duracell Bunny. No idea why. Everyone just called me "bunny", and I became the forum pet.

Thankfully, when I signed up on here, I couldn't fit the whole thing in and I just went to Duracell.

I went for a nickname I've never had in real life, because when I was younger I didn't want any of my mates or girlfriends to know I post on a football forum and I was able to hide under anonymity :ph34r:

It's also been suggested by some ( @bigbadbob ) that I go on, and on, and on....

I actually thought it was because of your big ears and buck teeth but now you mention it ...

48 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I presume he's referring to the village of Ilkley which I have great knowledge of.  Ilkley is a spa town and civil parish in the City of Bradford, West Yorkshire, in Northern England. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, Ilkley civil parish includes the adjacent village of Ben Rhydding and is a ward within the metropolitan borough of Bradford. Approximately 12 miles (19 km) north of Bradford and 17 miles (27 km) northwest of Leeds, the town lies mainly on the south bank of the River Wharfe in Wharfedale, one of the Yorkshire Dales.

Oh ! Well I'm in riddings,  Derbyshire ! Thought it was a strange reference ?

59 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Correct!

Funny that - Wiki says almost the same thing about Ilkley as you did Kernow.  You must know this area well

• 4 years later...

Archived