The story behind your username

Kernow

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very boring. When I first signed up on the old DET forum Uttox Ram was already registered and i was new to all this tinterweb stuff and couldn't think of anything original so I went for uttoxram75. 1975 is just for the greatest year of my life, Derby were champions of England, we won the Charity Shield at Wembley and I lost my virginity.....if Carlsberg did years.....:D

its been ******* downhill since then mind...

I used to post on an incredibly ancient rams forum, can't remember its name. It decended into chaos with childishly moronic posts (much, much worse than this, believe you me). I rapidly became disillusioned and stop posting for about a year.

I eventually gravitated to this one, or an earlier incarnation. Having abandoned the other forum, I rose again from the ashes, so to speak with a new user name.

I must admit I'm rather taken with the username Warren Hobhead.

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Very boring. When I first signed up on the old DET forum Uttox Ram was already registered and i was new to all this tinterweb stuff and couldn't think of anything original so I went for uttoxram75. 1975 is just for the greatest year of my life, Derby were champions of England, we won the Charity Shield at Wembley and I lost my virginity.....if Carlsberg did years.....:D

its been ******* downhill since then mind...

Jesus you left it late chap. You must have been 28?29?

12 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I used to post on an incredibly ancient rams forum, can't remember its name. It decended into chaos with childishly moronic posts (much, much worse than this, believe you me). I rapidly became disillusioned and stop posting for about a year.

I eventually gravitated to this one, or an earlier incarnation. Having abandoned the other forum, I rose again from the ashes, so to speak with a new user name.

I must admit I'm rather taken with the username Warren Hobhead.

Ramzone was it by any chance? It descended into chaos over there... Anytime someone questioned RamsTrust on there you were pretty much treated with contempt!

6 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

The only poster I really remember was 'Dirigible', or something along those lines. 

Always seemed quite a lot of confrontation on there though, unless that was just me.  

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

dirigible aka balloon I think.

mmm? Dirigible, balloon, lets think who could it be?

Old, full of hot air, 

waves.........:lol:

13 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

The only poster I really remember was 'Dirigible', or something along those lines. 

Always seemed quite a lot of confrontation on there though, unless that was just me.  

That's @eddie isn't it? Or was it his other profile, balloon? Seems as though the 2 before me have answered in a round a bout way.

52 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

Whilst we're at it, who else used to be on the old DET forum?

I was. 

waving-hi-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Middle name - but most people think it's my first.

You're joking?! What a plot twist!

Incidentally, Edward is my middle name too. Except the reason it's my middle name is because my brother was a fan of Thomas the Tank Engine so my first and middle names came from that. I doubt that bit is the same, were steam trains even invented back then? Was your brother a fan of Thomas the Horse-Drawn Wagon? ;)

In the mid 80s i wanted to get back to nature and so spent a year living as a ram.

having infiltrated a small flock i established my status in the group by head-butting potential rivals.

The name just stuck.

Archived