The story behind your username

Kernow

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There used to be a bank called the Alliance & Leicester, which was swallowed up by one of the big banks about 10 years ago I think.

Anyway, in their advertising campaign of the late 80s and early 90s, they used the then comedy due of Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie. Stephen Fry was a deluded moron into the latest fads who banked with Sproggett and Sylvester, who used to pop up as Hugh Laurie was heading to the bank, and bombard him with bad advice. Anyway, Hugh Laurie's character was Mostyn, and Fry would shout "Ahh Mostyn.....".

Anyway, somehow, someone once thought my first name rhymed or sounded like it, and it stuck.

The 6 represents the fact that when I tried to set up a spam email account many years back, Mostyn@ Mostyn1@ etc were all taken.

Mine is Cornish for Cornwall and thought the word sounded cool. Couldn't really think of much else and didn't really have any other online names that didn't include my name. I had an account on another forum called "RamFromCornwall" and after a couple months regretted that because it's a pretty **** name to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Mine is Cornish for Cornwall and thought the word sounded cool. Couldn't really think of much else and didn't really have any other online names that didn't include my name. I had an account on another forum called "RamFromCornwall" and after a couple months regretted that because it's a pretty **** name to be fair.

sadly, you're not original. My owd next door neighbour moved to Cornwall in the early 90s and popped up on BBC 606 forum about 9 years ago with the same name.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

sadly, you're not original. My owd next door neighbour moved to Cornwall in the early 90s and popped up on BBC 606 forum about 9 years ago with the same name.

How do you know that's not me? :ph34r:

I couldn't think of many "online" names to have to be honest. I also considered the name of my hometown in Cornish but preferred Kernow

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

okay, what musical instrument do you play, and what is your band's name? What was your dog's name? and what did it do to me?

I play the triangle. Bands name is Kernow and the Triangles. My dog's name is Triangle and it castrated you

35 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I asked for this didn't I? There is only one King Kevin the others just aren't even close.Mind you I might be a tad biased.

Hector??

Archived