Derby County v Brighton

Day

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a good game so far. Brighton's goal really came out of nowhere, Derby were very much in the ascendency at that point. Took a while for us to get back, but the last ten minutes of that half we were dominant.

I'd argue we should be winning this, had quite a few decent chances.

My only gripe is still with our wingers. Weimann's quality on the ball is poor. I've no doubt he's quick, capable of snapshots and in general is lively in the box but his work out of it just isn't good enough.

Thought Thorne was poor too. Gave away a few fouls, looked lethargic on the ball.

Brighton have created very little but took their goal well. I'd argue that was only one of their two real 'chances'. When they scored they retreated, it was scrappy for 10 minutes but we're on the upper foot again.

I think it seems clear Brighton would be happy for a point, and rightly so, so it's important we can break them down yet be wary of them on the break. We've had enough good chances to have scored 3 or 4 now. If we get the same amount of chances this half we should hopefully be able to get the 3 points.

Archived