Derby County v Brighton

Day

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I feel he's played too deep. Butterfield is the better ball-player, but he always seems ahead of Johnson it's strange. That 2nd goal was a calamity from all of our midfielders, they were waiting for a foul.

It was entirely avoidable and I bet Clement will be so annoyed by that. Then again, it needed for them to score to kick us back into gear somewhat. The game was drifting towards a 1-1 from 60 mins onwards.

My bleeding stream went all askew just after their 2nd so I didn't see the penalty. Big gonads to take that and stick it away. 

Im just not entirely sure Thorne, Butterfield and Johnson is a good midfield three for slick passing attacking quickly. 

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm disappointed with a few aspects. For 60 minutes we were by far the better team and really should have been ahead, yet that last 30 minutes was played at snails pace.

Both of Brighton's goals came out of nowhere, the second in particular riled me. Goerge Thorne was awful, I'm sorry but he was terrible and kept giving the ball away. That 2nd goal was him losing it so easily in midfield.

Good fight back to get back into, finally showed a bit of urgency.

Goals change games, and both of Brighton's came at really odd times. 

Ince for me played very well, just flopped his chances. I tell you what, trade van La Parra and Dale Stephens for Weimann and Thorne and we would have won that comfortably.

Hard to put my finger on Brighton. I saw no real qualities in their team, yet I saw no real weaknesses either. Better finishing and we would have won easily, yet we arguably should have lost.

Fair summary Bris.... I think Brighton are the team to beat but no-one has. They scored two goals from basically two chances.  But that cant be a fluke cos they've been doing similar all season. They looked good in defence and broke quickly from midfield. I think we need more quality up front... Martin was a bit isolated again but at least he got his obligatory goal against Brighton. 

50 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm disappointed with a few aspects. For 60 minutes we were by far the better team and really should have been ahead, yet that last 30 minutes was played at snails pace.

Both of Brighton's goals came out of nowhere, the second in particular riled me. Goerge Thorne was awful, I'm sorry but he was terrible and kept giving the ball away. That 2nd goal was him losing it so easily in midfield.

Good fight back to get back into, finally showed a bit of urgency.

Goals change games, and both of Brighton's came at really odd times. 

Ince for me played very well, just flopped his chances. I tell you what, trade van La Parra and Dale Stephens for Weimann and Thorne and we would have won that comfortably.

Hard to put my finger on Brighton. I saw no real qualities in their team, yet I saw no real weaknesses either. Better finishing and we would have won easily, yet we arguably should have lost.

Bit harsh. It was a combination of Hendrick and Johnson getting in each other's way and losing it that lost the ball. George was 9 or 10 yards away.

um....

not great. Slightly fortunate to get a point even though brighton didn't deserve to win - if only for the first half time wasting.

terrific header from johnson, good peno but several holes appearing at the back 

george is a shadow of his former self. Too deep. Tippy tappy passing to the centre backs isn't going to get us going.

wilson dropping off caused trouble. At other times they charged through the middle.

but that was a very valuable and hard earned point so lets just take it and move on.

brighton are good in central defence, and stephens protects the centre backs. Other than that they were nothing special.

Tom Ince needs to stop wearing gloves and Jeff Hendrick needs to realise why the team he's playing for are constantly put on the back foot and put under unwanted and unavoidable pressure, time and time again, due to lack of a pass, due to lack of a shot or due to lack of a tackle from himself and realising that cantering back with no effect isn't doing enough to expect a start in the team. 

10 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Bit harsh. It was a combination of Hendrick and Johnson getting in each other's way and losing it that lost the ball. George was 9 or 10 yards away.

It was Thorne's original pass that gave it away wasn't it? There was an easy ball out to Warnock out wide, and the goal came from their RW basically have a free run into the space left behind by Warnock.

I can see why Clement likes to push the fullbacks really wide and high, but you run the risk of getting caught out if you give the ball away stupidly in the middle - and we did.

On a side note, I feel a bit sorry for Tom Ince. The guy probably should have scored two today. 

Without being too harsh too, Brighton being top and undefeated just shows how awful this Championship is in terms of quality. They're doing excellent and all credit to them, but if 20 teams cannot beat them... Says something about how bad the division is. Someone like Norwich or Bournemouth would batter them.

38 minutes ago, Srg said:

Early second half, looked pretty blatant in front of us. Obviously, no benefit of a replay but in real time I was shocked he didn't give it. 

Was right in front of me... I thought so too... Lino signalled he had his hands down his side... 50/50 you get them

38 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

think they'll be carrying a few injuries into Tuesday night away at QPR - maybe that'll be when the unbeaten run ends. 

Overall today mixed feelings - overall we were the better team and loved Johnsons determination for the goal. They really looked dangerous on the break comig through midfield but we have an excellent defence this season. 

Ince was much improved - midweek could be very interesting 

See you at ours :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It was Thorne's original pass that gave it away wasn't it? There was an easy ball out to Warnock out wide, and the goal came from their RW basically have a free run into the space left behind by Warnock.

I can see why Clement likes to push the fullbacks really wide and high, but you run the risk of getting caught out if you give the ball away stupidly in the middle - and we did.

On a side note, I feel a bit sorry for Tom Ince. The guy probably should have scored two today. 

Without being too harsh too, Brighton being top and undefeated just shows how awful this Championship is in terms of quality. They're doing excellent and all credit to them, but if 20 teams cannot beat them... Says something about how bad the division is. Someone like Norwich or Bournemouth would batter them.

He may have misplaced the original pass, but Hendrick had more than enough time when the ball fell to him to pick a pass but instead him and Johnson both didn't know who was going to take control of it and they lost it.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

He may have misplaced the original pass, but Hendrick had more than enough time when the ball fell to him to pick a pass but instead him and Johnson both didn't know who was going to take control of it and they lost it.

See, my view is that Clement makes his changes too late and by the time players are coming on the game is passing them by

1 minute ago, RicME85 said:

See, my view is that Clement makes his changes too late and by the time players are coming on the game is passing them by

I would say bringing Russell on after 60 minutes was fairly early...

The most solid counter attacking team we've seen in ages. They just seem to sit on the ball and bait you into breaking shape and then they hit quickly. Yet we've scored 2 and created more chances than in other games but I think that's down to how well we played at times rather than any fault on them. 

I think Johnson or Butterfield should get closer to Martin because sometimes it's easy to trap our midfield in a 10 yard perimeter. Thorne being tightly marked should be working in other players favour. Especially the CB's who really don't need Thorne as much as they make out. 

Nice to see Ince play with some fire in his belly. 

Was a good tactical stand off at some points and then it was full on assault at other points. 

We're too one sided at times. It's ok most the time having a winger close to Martin but sometimes the lack of width provided by the left flank becomes a bit of a problem as we're basically stuck. Maybe should have mixed that up a bit. 

Enjoyed the game.

Brighton are up in the top 6 to stay. Too solid and attack too quickly for most the garbage in this league. And while I thought we controlled the majority of the game and had the best chances... It felt like we could be hit at any point. 

2 minutes ago, BHAFC1 said:

Fair result but whats the story with booing an opponent being taken off on a stretcher?

Was generic to be fair. Think ours were fed up from few stoppages before hand. Most clubs would have bit eventually!

Archived