Derby County v Brighton

Day

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I could be wrong, but I thought they were booing the referee due to a number of frustrating stoppages.

If they booed the player, that's bang out of order and completely ridiculous. Good luck for the season!

Nope we booed the player because their players kept play acting so was difficult to see which ones who genuine. One of their players got kneecapped and stopped play for a few minutes but came back onto the pitch smiling. Bunch of cheats they are. The boy who cried wolf.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't like the booing at the injured players today - I hear Calderon lost teeth? Looked innocuous, but he was at the opposite corner of the pitch to me, Ince must have caught him in the face.

Considering the embarrassment of riches we have in the midfield, I thought this was our weakest area today. I lost count of the times one of Johnson or Thorne lost the ball due to a hospital pass, poor touch, or just plain miscommunication. It nearly cost a goal 2 or 3 times, and it did for the van la Parra goal.

I'm bemused as to why we didn't target the wide players more, so many times Ince or Warnock were in acres of space, but by the time the ball worked its way there, it was too late, and Brighton had, to their credit, closed the space. Movement was better than against Wednesday, but still too slow, too many touches where it mattered.

Ince stepped up today, and was unfortunate not to score. Could have done with Christie helping him out, thought he was quieter than usual. Weimann was unlucky too, but disappeared quickly. Russell looks badly short of confidence, see last season's Christie. Bent needs more than a 10 minute cameo, but opened up some space for Hendrick, who looked lively.

Martin didn't cut it for me today. Well struck penalty, and was in the game more than last Sunday, but still doesn't look all that interested. Hopefully breaking his dry spell will bring him some confidence.

Fair play Brighton - keep playing that way and they'll soon be in the Premier League, the Championship looks particularly weak this season, save for the top 5.

6 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Brighton are nothing special. Just a bunch of players that work for the team. Remind me of ipswich but of a higher standard. Still think they will fall away after the next few games. 

But most agree the game was good and the result was a fair reflection of the performances. Sour grapes anyone?

Just now, cunningplan said:

But most agree the game was good and the result was a fair reflection of the performances. Sour grapes anyone?

First goal was crucial, well actually Brighton taking the lead both times was. Brighton's first goal was very much against the run of play, Deby had two good chances before that.

I felt the 1-1 half-time scoreline flattered Brighton, we really should have gone in ahead. And then we missed another two decent opportunities at the start of the second half.

From 60 minutes onwards it was just a lull, and Brighton seized their one opportunity and took it.

Had Derby taken the lead in that game, it would have been totally different and I'm confident we would have won. Strangely though, I was surprised we got back into it. Brighton's second looked like a winner to me.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

First goal was crucial, well actually Brighton taking the lead both times was. Brighton's first goal was very much against the run of play, Deby had two good chances before that.

I felt the 1-1 half-time scoreline flattered Brighton, we really should have gone in ahead. And then we missed another two decent opportunities at the start of the second half.

From 60 minutes onwards it was just a lull, and Brighton seized their one opportunity and took it.

Had Derby taken the lead in that game, it would have been totally different and I'm confident we would have won. Strangely though, I was surprised we got back into it. Brighton's second looked like a winner to me.

Fair and balanced post. You expect the home side, particularly a good, in-form one like Derby to do a great deal of the attacking - and if we had been chasing the game instead of you, it would have been extremely hard to contain. 

2 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I've been critical of Ince recently but I don't think today is the day. I thought he had one of his better games. Weimann was none existent 

Ince was our only threat all game. Few times where he cut back in to give it Christie but I think that's just because of his confidence. Unlucky not to score on a few occasions. 

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

I thought Brighton were excellent. Emphasis was on us to beat them today and save for a softish penalty they nearly beat us.They'd take a point all day long with a 4 point gap, away from home with us to still play them away. They countered very well I thought. I can't remember us troubling their keeper much. All in all, glad for the point, important not to lose. I hope 'Boro beat Brighton as I think it important for that record to be lost sooner rather than later, they must rightly feel untouchable at the moment and that run breeds confidence in itself. I think Brighton showed their credentials today, we couldn't beat them at home so I can't see how anyone could argue they're not worthy of their place. If they can come out of Boro and QPR undefeated, its a phenomenal achievement.

I have to fully agree with all the above sadly, I've now seen the pen we got from all angles now it was a soft one & if that had been given against us in the 88th minute there would have a stadium full of very angry Ram fans.

Just now, TETRA said:

I have to fully agree with all the above sadly, I've now seen the pen we got from all angles now it was a soft one & if that had been given against us in the 88th minute there would have a stadium full of very angry Ram fans.

The way I saw it was that it was a foul in the box. That is a penalty. 

I'm pretty sure it would be a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

In some ways this game appeared to be similar to the hull game but with roles reversed with us being the home side in the fact that Brighton only seemed to have two really distinguishable chances, which they duly scored - similar to us vs Hull. Also want to credit Lee Mason for giving that penalty - felt it was lucky to get the pen only in so much as that he actually spotted it. So often these late challenges go unnoticed in such situations and penalty was the correct decision. Overall a point a fair result, but on the balance of play maybe we feel we could've nicked it. The tackle from Dunk on Ince before we go the penalty was outstanding IMO and thought that after that it was going to be one of them days

Not quite sure why Martin chose to yell F OFF at us in the SS after putting away the peno. He had a very ordinary game, with balls bouncing off him rather than him controlling anything and laying them off neatly.  There was exasperation shown by the crowd by your performance Chris, but we all know you can turn up and score for us.  I get you were under pressure and scoring was a relief but but we've never had this type of abuse, well not since Keogh last season anyway.

Archived