Derby County v Brighton

Day

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamO said:

*I'm not used to this freezing, wet weather any more.

I had a friend at primary school who went to Aus for 2 weeks during winter. He came back, and he was so cold out in the playground everyone threw their coats over him while he sat there shivering. 

I've written this game off and shall play golf in the afternoon. I'm not even going to read the Sunday papers or watch sky for the result. Shall hope we can get at least 1 point at QPR and another against Middlesbrough. 

Our left back problem is going to cost us dearly over the Christmas period. 

On 6 December 2015 at 16:48, The 1884 Group said:

We need that playoff atmosphere that had them beat before they even got out the tunnel.

We need every Rams fan to be a supporter not a spectator and be part of the match.

But i've got a cold.....i'll just watch in silence.

On 7 December 2015 at 14:49, North_Stand_Ram said:

Just had a peep on the Brighton forum, and apparently Calderon had a nightmare on Saturday at LB (he is a RB), but they have no real alternative apparently. Hopefully we can use this as an advantage 

He'll be ok. Its only Ince.

Watched them against charlton and they were cut to shreds at times. They do play good football and will no doubt be confident, and won't defend all game either. This will play into our hands and we will end there unbeaten run on  Saturday and I think we will do it in style. I like playing them at home because we always seem to play well. 3.0 with Chris Martin getting a much needed goal. 

Stats Prediction

0 Not allowed!
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958936/Preview

Home

Goals: Derby 2 Brighton 1

Shots 15 - 11 On target 5 - 3

Possession 54% - 46%

Passing: 82% - 75%

First time I've done this. See how it pans out to form.

It should also be choose the most likely scorer especially with Derby as they have a settled team. Chris Martin would be most likely.

This is all the season stats, not current form. 

PS: I voted 1-1.

Looking at the chart for the player form ratings shows about even all around (all matches home and away) but Brighton have a clear weakness (on paper) at left back. 

WhoScored notably lacks data for the pace of players, whether, speed of thought, sprint speed or acceleration. This is to tested on a match day. Completely unsure how the teams will match up.

I might be down to finishing. 

51 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Stats Prediction

0 Not allowed!
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958936/Preview

Home

Goals: Derby 2 Brighton 1

Shots 15 - 11 On target 5 - 3

Possession 54% - 46%

Passing: 82% - 75%

First time I've done this. See how it pans out to form.

More from WhoScored:

Match Forecast

Derby will score from a fast break situation (Very Likely)

Brighton will score a long shot (Likely)

Brighton will be shown a high number of cards (Likely)

Derby will score as a result of an opposition error (Likely)

Derby will score from a direct freekick (Likely)

If that means we end up winning 3-1, it will be a most excellent weekend!

Play Off Final ref and Bobby Zamora in the same place tomorrow... What could possibly go wrong.... 

Seriously though... I wish we had beaten the Wendies because the build up to this is rather similar to when we beat Sunderland 3-1 just before Christmas under the Bald Eagles reign... Think we hit top spot that day and BBG was rocking!

Major test for us tomorrow

We passed the last one (against Hull) with flying colours

Given how tight it is at the top , with 5 teams seemingly a step above the following pack, I suspect that we may need a win if we are going to get an automatic place. 

Not a disaster if that doesn't happen, plenty of time yet, but at the end of the day if you are going to win things, you have to beat the best of the rest

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Play Off Final ref and Bobby Zamora in the same place tomorrow... What could possibly go wrong.... 

Seriously though... I wish we had beaten the Wendies because the build up to this is rather similar to when we beat Sunderland 3-1 just before Christmas under the Bald Eagles reign... Think we hit top spot that day and BBG was rocking!

Just read this out to my dad and you've got him reminiscing. We were sat together at this game and will be tomorrow as well, 20-odd years later.

20 minutes ago, MK said:

Just read this out to my dad and you've got him reminiscing. We were sat together at this game and will be tomorrow as well, 20-odd years later.

Remember it well. They went 1-0 up and we equalised through Marco straight away... Deano and a Ron Willems penalty... He never missed a peno! 

22 hours ago, RamO said:

Ha! No. Grew up in Derby but ended up in Aus voluntarily.  But I do wish there was a wormhole from Canberra to the ipro so I could attend every home game. 

Seriously though - its about time we put BHA in their place and showed them who are real contenders for automatic promotion. 

COYR!!!!

P.S. I'm not used to this freezing, wet weather - hope I'll survive the match

Don't worry about a wormhole mate. Canberra is a hole.

Archived