Hull City v Derby County

Day

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

What Valuation would you place on Thorne right now,I dont think he would be out of place in the Prem,know we dont have to sell but would individuals be able to refuse?

Oh and what a fantastic match,we are getting to be a good team,Great Team Effort

I sold him for £21M on football manager

It's maybe a little churlish to be critical on a night when we gave a real team performance but Hendrick worries me when, either by design or when under pressure, he drops into deep defensive positions. He gets bypassed so easily by short passing when we get attacked that he may as well not be there. His strength, as he's shown recently with Ireland, is pushing forward with power from midfield and in that role, I don't see there's a place for him in the starting line-up.

He's more suited to playing at home when we expect to attack more and carry the game to the opposition but even then I think Bryson gives us more options - he's more mobile and certainly links up better with Martin.

What a solid professional strong incisive dogged performance. Loved:

•  The moves for both goals.
  • Carsons great save.
  • The countless blocks by the fullbacks and defending wingers.
  • The shape of the team.
  • The energy.
  • Keogh's magnificent run from the back followed by a fantastic through ball.
  • Andi Weimanns energy.
  • Sky pundits drooling over us at the end.
  • Paul Clements modesty.
  • The Derby fans who travelled. Great support.
  • BEING TOP OF THE TABLE!!!!!!!!

Enjoyable game to watch, a solid performance and just what we needed before going into tough games. 

Carson - 8 A very good performance all round and one world class save.  Just gets better.  Zuberbühler, an inspired signing?

Christy - 7.5 He's turned his game around since last season and is looking stronger too.  Good performance.

Warnock - 7.5 Three good games in a row for him now and just when needed.  Eustacian even.

Keogh - 8 Had his usual panic moments, but for staying on his feet and that amazing run up field and quality pass means 8

Shackell 8.5  Mister dependable, a rock in defense.  So glad he is back with us.

Ince - 7 Would have been 6 if not for his effort to track back and work for the team.  His tricks were a threat but nothing more.

Weimann - 9 My MOTM.  Ran like the devil was after him all game, linked well with Warnock and defended like a champ.

Thorne - 8.5 His classy coverage of the area behind the midfielders allows higher play up.  Essential to our current form.

Hendrick - 7 His physicality was needed in this rainy game and although he went missing at times he was useful for the team.

Butterfield - 8.5 Two very well taken goals, the second one particularly difficult to pull off.  Becoming a class player for us.

Martin - 8.5 Didn't score, but that sweet back heel to Weimann and eye and ability for interplay shows how important he is.

Subs Bryson  No rating, he was the invisible man.

Russell 5.5  Never looked like getting in touch with the game.  Looks like a hermit with that beard.  One word, shave.

Officials did their job without much to complain about, in fact can't remember any incident where i disagreed with them.

Just back and an excellent result and performance.

Four things amongst many for me: Weimann and Ince's work rate in tracking back and attacking. Well done both of you; the way Butterfield took both his goals; Warnock's performance; and the genuinely warm welcome from Hull people and security staff.

Hull are a better team than we allowed them to be. I think they'll be in the mix at the end.

I was more chuffed by the defence from after the second goal.

It was an extremely more mature performance, we finally look like a rock solid team, completely opposite to what we were under McClaren. We know we can get goals from anyone in the midfield or up front, so we'll pick our chances and make sure we're not leaving our defence exposed. Can't count how many times Martin poached the midfield from behind them, was truly a team performance.

Defend as a team, attack as a team. We've got a swagger and long may it continue.

18 minutes ago, ramit said:

Officials did their job without much to complain about, in fact can't remember any incident where i disagreed with them.

I didn't disagree with them either, especially when they gave Derby two goalkicks when the last touch was clearly off a Derby player - Carson's save being one.

Think the ref actually played as a defender for us at times, and he even cut out a pass which was heading to their winger which I thought was quite funny.

I thought we got the rub of the green on a number of niggly fouls too... 

So in summary, it was a superb game from the officials.

21 minutes ago, ramit said:

Enjoyable game to watch, a solid performance and just what we needed before going into tough games. 

Carson - 8 A very good performance all round and one world class save.  Just gets better.  Zuberbühler, an inspired signing?

Christy - 7.5 He's turned his game around since last season and is looking stronger too.  Good performance.

Warnock - 7.5 Three good games in a row for him now and just when needed.  Eustacian even.

Keogh - 8 Had his usual panic moments, but for staying on his feet and that amazing run up field and quality pass means 8

Shackell 8.5  Mister dependable, a rock in defense.  So glad he is back with us.

Ince - 7 Would have been 6 if not for his effort to track back and work for the team.  His tricks were a threat but nothing more.

Weimann - 9 My MOTM.  Ran like the devil was after him all game, linked well with Warnock and defended like a champ.

Thorne - 8.5 His classy coverage of the area behind the midfielders allows higher play up.  Essential to our current form.

Hendrick - 7 His physicality was needed in this rainy game and although he went missing at times he was useful for the team.

Butterfield - 8.5 Two very well taken goals, the second one particularly difficult to pull off.  Becoming a class player for us.

Martin - 8.5 Didn't score, but that sweet back heel to Weimann and eye and ability for interplay shows how important he is.

Subs Bryson  No rating, he was the invisible man.

Russell 5.5  Never looked like getting in touch with the game.  Looks like a hermit with that beard.  One word, shave.

Shocking miss by the ref for the Hull handball.

47 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But it was really good to be fair?

If that was Thorne laying into Martin who provided a flick to Weimann we'd be saying the exact same. There was a bit of fortune aboout our first goal as Weimann got tackled and it sat perfectly for Butters...

I try to be balanced that's all. I felt Derby were brilliant in some aspects, not so good in others.

On chances created Hull had better chances than us over the 90 minutes, but their domination after 30 minutes was largely as a result of us going 2-0 up and sitting on it.

I'm not trying to pick holes in our play, but I thought Hull threatened on occasions and on another day they probably would have scored two or three.

Compare Hull's performance to ours at Forest. They chased the game and had three glorious chances, we chased the game and created absolutely nothing.

The best team won , by a mile we out classed them , out thought them , and to be honest we never looked like losing, what game was you watching , different to me , and everyone else by the sounds of it.

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

The best team won , by a mile we out classed them , out thought them , and to be honest we never looked like losing, what game was you watching , different to me , and everyone else by the sounds of it.

The game I watched was one where we scored two well-taken goals and then sat back for an hour. It probbaly wouldn't have gone that way had we not scored those two goals, and it was a clear tactic to sit on the lead.

Hull created three glorious chances and will feel aggrieved not to have scored at last one. Those three chances were all far better than a 25-yard pot-shot from Butterfield but we scored, they didn't.

It's hard to say whether we were the better team. I'd like to think that had Hull scored first, the roles would have been reversed and we would have had 65% possession and carved out big chances.

The goals, like the Forest match, set the tone for the game.

It's hard to say we won by a mile and outclassed them when we stopped attacking after 30 minutes. 

Once at 2-0, I was confident we would pick up at least a point. We never looked like losing simply because Hull didn't take any of their chances. Doesn't mean to say they didn't create anything.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The game I watched was one where we scored two well-taken goals and then sat back for an hour. It probbaly wouldn't have gone that way had we not scored those two goals, and it was a clear tactic to sit on the lead.

Hull created three glorious chances and will feel aggrieved not to have scored at last one. Those three chances were all far better than a 25-yard pot-shot from Butterfield but we scored, they didn't.

It's hard to say whether we were the better team. I'd like to think that had Hull scored first, the roles would have been reversed and we would have had 65% possession and carved out big chances.

It's hard to say we won by a mile and outclassed them when we stopped attacking after 30 minutes. 

Once at 2-0, I was confident we would pick up at least a point. We never looked like losing simply because Hull didn't take any of their chances. Doesn't mean to say they didn't create anything.

Sorry, I disagree to me we got 2 goals up by being on the front foot , and passing the ball into feet and moving it around very well , then once in front , we managed the game very well, do not forget we had 4 shots on target , scored 2 , hull had 2 shots on  target and scored 0 , we defo deserved to win , and everyone on sky agrees , so how come a so call Derby fan , like yourself does not see this.

2 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

It wasn't the best move of the match as they didn't score. 

It would be nice sometimes to be dispassionate, and see things from a neutral point of view, but I'm too busy going 'Arrghh, *******', to even remember who had a shot that doesn't go in!

31 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What about Ince's effort near the end? I think that was probably the best chance of the game.

Archived