Hull City v Derby County

Day

3 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Fair point Gritters, you know your team way better than me. But Reckon JB is only 90% from fully fit and 70% of his potential. He was rumoured to be on our radar in last seasons Jan window while at Huddersfield, so many of us were following his form. Single handedly kept them up. Reminds me of Paul Scholes. Plays some simple one touch stuff, chuckle brother me to you style to move opposition midfielders around, then turns to ping a 40 yard pass on to a team mates nob end. And like Scholes is lethal from the edge of the box with 2 genuinely good feet. Me, I'd play him more centrally and let him run the show. Would have him over Huddlestone any time. I've got Money on us both going up automatically so not altogether an end of the world result on Friday. That said, a wake up call for some of the Tigers players that this is not a stroll back to the Premiership. I get the impression some can't be arsed. Still confident we'll go up as champions however. Let's see! In a menacing Arnie Schwartz  styleeeee...... I'll be back!!! #UTT!

Excellent account of JB, The Arch Deacon. Did you have permission from the Bishop to write this article? (smiley)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Yes my son.....(psalms 3 chapter 14)

I trust that was not a synodical comment. Would be good if you keep coming on the forum to compare notes, mate.It is going to go to the wire. i cannot see two teams going clear. Xmas signings and injuries could tip the balance. any team that has abad patch will find it nigh impossible to keep up. Mitre known this would happen. Last season was easier to get promoted.

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I trust that was not a synodical comment. Would be good if you keep coming on the forum to compare notes, mate.It is going to go to the wire. i cannot see two teams going clear. Xmas signings and injuries could tip the balance. any team that has abad patch will find it nigh impossible to keep up. Mitre known this would happen. Last season was easier to get promoted.

Jesus Aitch Rampage! I had no idea what Synodical meant so looked it up an am still non the wiser. Clearly you Derby boys went to a better school than us, or should I say went to school. Allow me to be the first to offer my most sincere contrafibularities! I am anaspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation. 

Having said all that b*****ks, I have to disagree. I think Hull and Derby will break away come the New Year and will go on to gain auto promo quite comfortably. Evidenced by the recent form of both teams as compared to those around us. But we shall see. As long as we come to yours and give you a good revengeful dickin, all will be well. 

Trust me on the JB thing though. Genuine premiership potential. Personally I'm hoping for a quiet January window. I don't want to see the team balance and morale buggered up at such a crucial stage of the season. You can only keep so many good players happy in the Championship. And all that rotation crap just f***s with the Kama.

13 hours ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Jesus Aitch Rampage! I had no idea what Synodical meant so looked it up an am still non the wiser. Clearly you Derby boys went to a better school than us, or should I say went to school. Allow me to be the first to offer my most sincere contrafibularities! I am anaspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation. 

Having said all that b*****ks, I have to disagree. I think Hull and Derby will break away come the New Year and will go on to gain auto promo quite comfortably. Evidenced by the recent form of both teams as compared to those around us. But we shall see. As long as we come to yours and give you a good revengeful dickin, all will be well. 

Trust me on the JB thing though. Genuine premiership potential. Personally I'm hoping for a quiet January window. I don't want to see the team balance and morale buggered up at such a crucial stage of the season. You can only keep so many good players happy in the Championship. And all that rotation crap just f***s with the Kama.

A synod is a gathering of Bishops and Arch Deacons. Synodical is a Rampageismic derivation thereof unto.I do not think that Burnley, Brighton and Boro will fade. Burnley will soon play Boro and Brighton and if they lost both of those, they would be well adrift. We were 9 points behind Brighton after 5 games. In the next 13 games we have now taken 32 points and we are still 2 points behind Brighton! When you dropped 3 against us, three of our rivals won and one drew, so quite a hit and not easy to get those points back. We now need two points each game to get 92 points. It is  a tall order. The top five look too good for the rest,  Boro and Burnley already have draws at our place so we need at least a draw against them at their place. Bookies have Boro as favourites, I think. How would you say that you are for good cover? Who can you not afford to lose

16 minutes ago, richinspain said:

When the teams came out and I saw that we were in the blue kit I immediately thought that we were going to win. Out of interest, how many times have we worn it and how many points have we won in those games?

I'm a bit disappointed to find out they're limited edition and almost sold out. I'm saving for Xmas so I was going to get one in the new year.

On 01/12/2015, 23:52:49, Tombo said:

Typical Derby. Top of the league on Friday night, then less than 24 hours later we're back in 3rd. Bloody bottlejobs.

BCO.

It's just like old times.

Archived