Hull City v Derby County

Day

Great team performance, brilliant result. lots of happy rams tonight. the 1st half was such a good game, both teams gave a good account of themselves, both tried to play with quality. Butterfield and Warnock are settled now, Christie is looking like the best rb in the league on his day, Keogh and Shackell are oozing class, Thornes bossing, hendrick has some confidence Weimann has an unbelievable motor and willingness. when ince and martin return to form hopefully we can really go for the top 2. Clement is looking like the real deal. finger crossed. coyr

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow watched it on sky sports , well done all who went , great support fom the fans from start to finish , could hear you on the box , wish I could have been there , now on to the game Thorne my star man he was excellent , shackell and Keogh solid , Butterfield scored 2 great goals , the full backs Christie and Warnock was excellent and Martin led the line like a true captain, a great away performance , tactics was spot on by. Mr Clement, well done you Rams , we are looking good , but I believe like Mr Clement ,there is so much more to come from this team , a great time to be a ram fan.ps Carson was also great tonight , showing why he was number 1 in England.

Have to say, on the Hull forums pre-game they were calling Derby fans arrogant because of some of the... overconfident fans on Derby forums. But now after that, they're chatting about how they dominated us despite playing poorly and how they wouldn't change of their players for ours. Now who's being arrogant.

They clearly weren't at their best as a team, but I'd say 6 or so players who started for Hull couldn't hold a candle to their Derby counterparts. And that's without Johnson, Hughes and Forsyth. 

Quality performance from start to finish.

Shackell and Keogh barely put a foot wrong (again).

No mention of Weimann? He was outstanding at tracking back and on the counter with Martin, him and Warnock are forming a solid understanding down the flank. 

Butterfield now showing his worth too, where does this leave Bradley next week? Do you bring him back in the eleven or stick with the side as tonight?

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Butterfield now showing his worth too, where does this leave Bradley next week? Do you bring him back in the eleven or stick with the side as tonight?

Bring him back in instead of Hendrick, seems the obvious choice.

11 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

We were warriors tonight. Never seen us play like this yet. 

Didn't you watch the first-leg of the playoffs against Brighton? Very, very reminiscent IMO.

I just loved Martins part in the 1st goal, gets the ball, nonchalantly shuffles across the pitch before picking out Wiemann, moves to create the space for Wiemann to move into,then backheels it perfectly into Andi's path, great following up from Butterfield too.

All in all a really classy goal, a notch above anything Hull created.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

All in all a really classy goal, a notch above anything Hull created.

Abel Hernandez's back-heel pass it Maloney folowed by his cut inside was the best move of the match for me. Would have been a superb goal and pretty unstoppable at this level.

Martin's play ad flick to Weimann was excellent though. I doubt many other centre-forwards at this level could contribute in such a manner. Thought CM had it tough once we went ahead, but he did alright.

Both they know and we know that this was a huge result tonight

The only players from Hull who I was impressed with were Maguire and Maloney. None of the others showed anything, their overseas players especially probably suffering from "wet and cold  winter midweek fixture at Hull" syndrome. Elmohamady was distinctive only by showing that he continues to cheat by deliberately hand balling in the opposition penalty area, as he has in the full glare of TV cameras on numerous occasions in the past.

They just didn't believe they were going to score and that is down to our performance.

We, on the other hand, can now believe that our destiny is truly in our own hands

1 minute ago, ValeRam said:

Both they know and we know that this was a huge result tonight

The only players from Hull who I was impressed with were Maguire and Maloney. None of the others showed anything, their overseas players especially probably suffering from "wet and cold  winter midweek fixture at Hull" syndrome. Elmohamady was distinctive only by showing that he continues to cheat by deliberately hand balling in the opposition penalty area, as he has in the full glare of TV cameras on numerous occasions in the past.

They just didn't believe they were going to score and that is down to our performance.

We, on the other hand, can now believe that our destiny is truly in our own hands

testament to how we played... we were unbelievable.  

11 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

ok smart arse.... since then.

When are we kite surfing?

Season is upon us buddy, but actually there is a huricane just off shore so probably will give it a week or two!

I actually thought we defended better than we did at Brighton, team shape was great.

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Abel Hernandez's back-heel pass it Maloney folowed by his cut inside was the best move of the match for me. Would have been a superb goal and pretty unstoppable at this level.

Martin's play ad flick to Weimann was excellent though. I doubt many other centre-forwards at this level could contribute in such a manner. Thought CM had it tough once we went ahead, but he did alright.

I just knew you would pick a Hull move as the best rather than a Derby move.

50 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Carson 9 - Produced some key saves and the only mistake he made all night was that little mix up between him and Warnock very early on

Christie 8 - So dangerous going forward and thought he dealt with Odubajo/Cluas really well

Keogh 8 - A couple of nervy moments but won countless headers and played well

Shackell 9 - Same as Keogh minus the couple of nervy moments

Warnock 9 - Him and Weimann were brilliant defensively

Thorne 9 - Best player in the league

Butterfield 9 - 2 lovely goals

Hendrick 7 - On a few occasions he tried to do too much rather than play the simple ball but he did very well defensively against a strong Hull midfield

Ince 7 - Poor going forward but thought he had one of his best defensive performances in a Derby shirt tonight

Weimann 8 - Similar to Ince he gave the ball away a lot going forward but was incredible in helping Warnock defend

Martin 7 - Not his best performance but he was involved in a lot of the build-up and actually won a fair few headers tonight rather than the usual fall to the floor and hope for a free kick

Subs:

Bryson 6 - barely noticed him but it's to be expected when we're not attacking as much

Russell 6 - Similar to Bryson

Great performance overall and we now have the equal 2nd best defence in English football! Some tough fixtures ahead but after tonight the team should be full of confidence

Just this. Great evening and a great result. Like @eddie I am hoarse.

So pleased to be here in Hull tonight. Their fans are being very generous about being out-tacticed tonight. Brilliant, Clement. 

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I just knew you would pick a Hull move as the best rather than a Derby move.

But it was really good to be fair?

If that was Thorne laying into Martin who provided a flick to Weimann we'd be saying the exact same. There was a bit of fortune aboout our first goal as Weimann got tackled and it sat perfectly for Butters...

I try to be balanced that's all. I felt Derby were brilliant in some aspects, not so good in others.

On chances created Hull had better chances than us over the 90 minutes, but their domination after 30 minutes was largely as a result of us going 2-0 up and sitting on it.

I'm not trying to pick holes in our play, but I thought Hull threatened on occasions and on another day they probably would have scored two or three.

Compare Hull's performance to ours at Forest. They chased the game and had three glorious chances, we chased the game and created absolutely nothing.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just this. Great evening and a great result. Like @eddie I am hoarse.

So pleased to be here in Hull tonight. Their fans are being very generous about being out-tacticed tonight. Brilliant, Clement. 

What Valuation would you place on Thorne right now,I dont think he would be out of place in the Prem,know we dont have to sell but would individuals be able to refuse?

Oh and what a fantastic match,we are getting to be a good team,Great Team Effort

Archived