Hull City v Derby County

Day

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the most injust 2-0 lead ever?

I think we've been really poor in terms of pressing off the ball - unless that's a tactic Clement has gone for? We're giving Huddlestone and Maloney so much time and space on the ball.

We've been sloppy in possession too. Ince keeps giving the ball away.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think we've been really poor in terms of pressing off the ball - unless that's a tactic Clement has gone for? We're giving Huddlestone and Maloney so much time and space on the ball.

No

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Funny how people see the game differently. I think we've been brilliant off the ball, pushing them back and closing down well.

Well, I for one am well impressed. We've been good with and without the ball in atrocious conditions. I do wish Ince would stick a foot in occasionally though, and I would like to see Chrissy just doing a bit more than jogging around on occasions, as this Hull defence looks vulnerable. Tailor made for Johnny in the second half methinks.

Don't get me wrong, our team shape has been good, our movement going forward has been good. I just feel we've been sloppy in possession, and we're not pressing enough off the ball.

Now that could be a tactic just to hold shape, but Hull were coming into it strongly in the last ten minutes because we afforded them all sorts of space and time to pick their passes.

I feel we've been lucky to go in 0-2.

Archived