People that annoy me

Day

drivers who a) leave a gap in front of them in heavy traffic which is just the right size for a car and yet refuse to drive their car into it, so that the car behind can move forward by a few important feet and reach my destination a critical second earlier. b) scowl in the rear view mirror when thanked via the universal "hazard lights method" for some inexplicable reason when I've moved my car into a space they clearly didn't want for themselves.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who refer to their other halves as bea.

Tossers who insist on driving 10mph under the designated limit for that road.

Dossers/dole-ites who choose the busiest time of day to drag themselves to the Co-Op to pay their lecki/gas bill or get a top up for their mobile.

Rubberneckers at traffic accidents.

Parents who think it's acceptable to drop their kids off at school while they're still in their pyjamas.

People who use the expression "Obvs"

Wannabe 12 year old holligans.

The entire casts & creative teams of TOWIE/This is Chelsea/Geordie Shore/Don't Tell The Bride.

Stupid, vain females who insist on doing that pose for photos/selfies.

People who will text someone when they require an urgent answer to something, but ring when they want to say something arbitrary.  To be fair, that ones just my Mrs.

i get claustrophobic in a crowd and a bit aggressive i am sorry to say.  Had to jump into a lake once downtown during the city's birthday celebration so i wouldn't totally lose my cool and i was not the only one who did.  i think maybe it's an Icelandic thing, there are so few of us that we aren't used to large crowds and don't know how to behave with consideration to others.  i don't have this problem abroad.  Hmmm, i guess what i am saying is that Icelanders annoy me.  It's all elbows out and me me me with these fine folk.

On 20 November 2015 09:54:32, Mostyn6 said:

drivers who a) race to squeeze their car into a gap in front of you in heavyful traffic, probably only reaching their ultimate destination a second earlier as a result, but forcing me to slam on brakes to avoid a crash, and then even more annoyingly, when they b) flash their hazards for a second or two to indicate their appreciation of your kind act of not crashing into them.

Wonkers!

winkers

15 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It's faster than the slow lane.

The slow lane is actually the driving lane. The others are all overtaking lanes unless otherwise stated

Back in the days when CB Radio was all the rage the near side lane was known as the granny lane, I suppose it still is to drivers of a certain age, the middle lane, the sandwich lane and the outside lane was the suicide lane. 

Ten four good buddie toot toot and a flash of the lights.

4 hours ago, LesterRam said:

no first lane, not the fast lane, is it me that just calls the inner lane the first lane, its now a lesterism then :p

The inside/first/slow lane is usually full of itinerant travellers' caravans in Leicestershire.

On 19/11/2015, 18:30:11, Ewe Ram said:

People who eat smelly food, especially at work. I have no problem with fish curry but please don't microwave the f out of it, virtually nuking it, then sit and scoff it at work while I gag and have to leave me sandwich uneaten. Filthy pigs. 

I used to work with a guy who would "treat" himself  (and us) to a large doner at his desk every Friday from Ali babas fried food emporium.

Absolutely hideous.  And it was a smoking office so you'd go home in the early evening stinking as though you'd been out on the lash all day.

a car followed me today as I headed down some quiet A-roads towards the M69 motorway without lights on. 

This annoyed me. I tried various methods to draw the driver's attention to the fact the lights were not on and it was dark. I hit my hazards for a while, tapped my brakes a few times, even turned my interior lights on and off a few times, whilst pointing back.

It must've been obvious I was trying to communicate with the driver as we were the only two cars on the road, eventually I thought "fook it" and burned off hoping the driver would notice that they couldn't see where they were going! But No! Eventually when we got to the M69 roundabout, I lowered my window and gestured the yap yap blah blah sign with my hands, and about 10 seconds later the lights came on.

I have no doubt this ******** would've been very close to causing an accident without lights on in a dark grey car. It just looked like a shadow in my rear-view mirror, and I wonder if another car might've pulled out in front not knowing a car was there.

******* idiot! (I feel it necessary to swear here! Thank sausage for the filter!)

I wonder how you're supposed to inform the car behind!

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

a car followed me today as I headed down some quiet A-roads towards the M69 motorway without lights on. 

This annoyed me. I tried various methods to draw the driver's attention to the fact the lights were not on and it was dark. I hit my hazards for a while, tapped my brakes a few times, even turned my interior lights on and off a few times, whilst pointing back.

It must've been obvious I was trying to communicate with the driver as we were the only two cars on the road, eventually I thought "fook it" and burned off hoping the driver would notice that they couldn't see where they were going! But No! Eventually when we got to the M69 roundabout, I lowered my window and gestured the yap yap blah blah sign with my hands, and about 10 seconds later the lights came on.

I have no doubt this ******** would've been very close to causing an accident without lights on in a dark grey car. It just looked like a shadow in my rear-view mirror, and I wonder if another car might've pulled out in front not knowing a car was there.

******* idiot! (I feel it necessary to swear here! Thank sausage for the filter!)

You should be careful, it's a known gang affiliation ritual to knowingly drive with no lights on, and kill the 1st person to warn you of it, I kid you not!

Although I once worked with a bloke who pulled in works car park at 9.30pm with no lights on, ran inside and hid in a oven for 1/2 hour, pissed as a rat! 

After his sauna, he got back in his Talbot Sunbeam to drive home,so I ran out to tell him his lights weren't on, he gave me a pitiful look and said 'Course they're not, I don't want the fuzz to see me do I'.

48 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

So the loony waving his arms around was you then??

Archived